CONCERNING YOUR CRUISE RESERVATION

Guest Names:

Cruise: RIVIERA 03DEC2021

[pax1]

Group #: C231455

[pax2]

Invoice #: [invoice]

Dear Travel Advisors,

We would like to advise you of an update to your guests Atlantic & Amber Gems cruise itinerary aboard Riviera.

Please note the call to Puerto Plata has been replaced with Great Stirrup Cay.

The revised itinerary is included below for your reference:

DATE

DAY

PORT

ARRIVAL

DEPARTURE

ORIGINAL PORT

3-Dec-21

FRI

MIAMI, FLORIDA

6:00 PM

4-Dec-21

SAT

CRUISING THE ATLANTIC OCEAN

5-Dec-21

SUN

6-Dec-21

MON

GUSTAVIA, ST. BARTS

9:00 AM

7-Dec-21

TUE

FORT-DE-FRANCE, MARTINIQUE

8:00 AM

7:00 PM

8-Dec-21

WED

CASTRIES, ST. LUCIA

9-Dec-21

THU

ST. JOHN'S, ANTIGUA

5:00 PM

10-Dec-21

FRI

SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO

4:00 PM

11-Dec-21

SAT

PUERTO PLATA, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC

12-Dec-21

SUN

GREAT STIRRUP CAY, BAHAMAS

9:00 AM

13-Dec-21

MON

MIAMI, FLORIDA

7:00 AM

Not a big deal..

Jancruz1

Hi Jan,

The January 14 Riviera cruise is also supposed to call in Puerto Plata.  Do you know if a change has been made to that itinerary as well?  Two groups on the roll call have private excursions planned. Thanks for any information you may have.

Toni

1 minute ago, tgg said:

Hi Jan,

The January 14 Riviera cruise is also supposed to call in Puerto Plata.  Do you know if a change has been made to that itinerary as well?  Two groups on the roll call have private excursions planned. Thanks for any information you may have.

Toni

Since I am on that ship I have asked but was told its too soon to know..truthfully I would rather go to Stirrup Cay its beautiful..

Jancruz1

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jancruz said:

Since I am on that ship I have asked but was told its too soon to know..truthfully I would rather go to Stirrup Cay its beautiful..

Jancruz1

I agree, looks like an improvement. 

Definitely an improvement. On numerous Caribbean cruises, Oceania removed St. Martin and replaced it with Puerto Plata where ship ports at Carnival’s private dock. A huge downgrade.

On 6/17/2021 at 11:57 PM, honumaui said:

I am on the Dec 3 cruise and don't really care where it it goes..as long as it goes and the cruise is somewhat "normal". It will be our first post covid vacation.

That is our opinion as well!  When I first saw the email come through from my TA I was nervous thinking, "not another cancellation!" but was relieved to see it was only an iten. change.  

We had planned this cruise as a substitute for two cancelled crossings on Regent . Didn't care about the ports. We all still don't know if all the ports will be open. Hopefully by December things will be closer to normal. Had our shots but still nervous about testing and flying. Hated flying even before covid. Need to make a decision by Aug. to not have a cancellation fee.

Things are starting to look better for the industry. Wish they would leave it up to the cruise lines as to require all passengers to be vaccinated.

We're not on a cruise now (or anytime soon) but back in 1984 or thereabouts we spent split time on St Maartin and Anguilla.  Absolutely loved Anguilla -- where we stayed back then is no longer available but we had a 2 bedroom apartment on the beach with maid service for $250/week.  When we moved to St Maatin we were very disappointed with the "villa" we had booked and immediately moved down to beach hotel which was much better.

Next year we returned to Anguilla and skipped St.M.  Of course, Anguilla has become far more expensive since our time there ... Unfortunately.  We loved it there.

Basically my only point in writing is that I wouldn't miss St. M. for ANY other port in the neighborhood.

Back to our 1984 visit ... next door to our condo complex was a private beach.  They were building a hotel which I think never was finished.  We were swimming when a small yacht arrived from St. Barts with some french tourists.  They were very unhappy they we were there on "their" beach.

We won.

Mura