Tell me about GS 1600 on Brilliance

I'm looking at Grand Suites on Brilliance.  I remember reading that 1600 is particularly prized, mainly for its aft location.  Any other pluses (or minuses ) for this suite?

And while we're at it😀, what other GSs do you like?    Bigger balcony?  Quiet location?

How is the suite lounge on Brilliance?  Diamond Lounge?  

We were on Brilliance last March when they shut down.  At that time they had a concierge lounge, not a suite lounge.  I assume this is still the case.  It's in a nice location and has a outdoor patio and a bar.  It's also near the diamond lounge.  Enjoyed it a lot as the lounge was not crowded at all.  

The suites are nice.  I like the aft and don't mind the walk at all.  It is quiet, but, generally I don't find noise a problem on the ships.  The aft balconies are often gems, and we like having dinner or a party on them.

We’ve been in both a regular GS and 1600 on this class of ship. 1600 has a slightly different layout than the standard gs, and is just a little bit smaller on the inside (closets, drawers, bathroom, etc). The size is more than offset by the large corner balcony that provides amazing views. 

the walk is longer that the other gs that are near elevators. We really like 1600 and try to book it whenever possible!

Thank you D and DM, 

I remember reading lots of reviews of 1600, most pro but a few cons, but for the life of me I can't find them, so I appreciate your feedback.

If you couldn't get 1600, what would be your next GS choice (# or location)?

We did GS1600 on the Brilliance for a Baltic cuise. Simply amazing views. As mentioned it was a bit smaler than other GS but the aft balacony is larger and we thoroughly enjoyed the views. The concierge lounge was really nice. I stopped by nightly before dinner and the service was solid. If you can get it, I'd do it. We managed to get 1600 for a JS price as we booked within the first few minutes the cruise went on sale. We were trying for 1100 but RCL's infmaous IT dept had 1600 listed at JS pricing, so the RCL agent suggested I grab it. Which we did. 

On 6/20/2021 at 12:19 PM, mafig said:

Thank you D and DM, 

I remember reading lots of reviews of 1600, most pro but a few cons, but for the life of me I can't find them, so I appreciate your feedback.

If you couldn't get 1600, what would be your next GS choice (# or location)?

We’ve had 1552 and 1554. The hump cabins are great if you can get one!  Our preference is mid ship and near elevators for short walk…some people say those are noisier, but we haven’t had any issues. 

also - the suite lounge on this class are our favorite with the dedicated bar area. We usually don’t spent much time in the cl/sl, but really enjoy this one. Caveat - we have never been on oasis or quantum class so can’t comment on that comparison. Hopefully sept cruise will happen!

cheers,

I've not stayed in 1600, but I always choose aft if it's available!  I stayed in 1556 (15 years ago), on the hump on Brilliance.  It was amazing!  The double sliding doors met in the middle of the cabin, and did not have a section of wall separating the two doors.  It opened up almost the entire cabin (part of the bedroom area and part of the seating area) to the balcony.   This would be my second choice to aft on Brilliance!  Enjoy your cruise!!

We had 1600 for a TA on Jewel and loved it, I think my favourite cabin ever. We preferred the layout to the side GS, we used the seating area more. The only downside is that the bath is really high to get in and out, I'm quite short and on days when the ship was rocking, had to call DH to hold on to when I climbed out the shower.

We had 1032 on Brilliance and the overhang was huge, barely any sun in 14 days, I would not book in this area again. The hump GS would be my choice after 1600.

Thanks for the additional information.

I recall reading that some people thought the suites on the hump were noisy.  Not because of the elevator, etc., but more that noise seemed to flow up from the Centrum.  Is this not the case?

We had 1600 GS on Brilliance 5 years ago on a 12 day cruise, loved this , balcony was not super big , but big enough, suite was slightly different shape as normal GS but I really liked it and would book it again , this was my favorite GS . At the time they had a concierge lounge not a suite lounge but it was large and never had a problem getting seats , love there bar there . Not sure if they currently have a suite lounge.