Suite Guarantee U.K. Booking

Hi everyone,

I’m looking at booking a guarantee suite for one of the U.K. cruises but I’m confused by the website. It says suite guarantee on the cabin selection but on another part says Junior Suite Guarantee. Does that mean there is no chance we will get a better suite i.e. can only expect one of the juniors or is there a chance we will be allocated a better grade? Do we get the suite perks if we do?  Anyone with some experience of this for the U.K. I would be most grateful of your info. 

If it says JS gty then that’s what you’ll get. A JS is Sea class in the suite grading.
You used to be able to have dinner in CK ( space available) but in the new normal who knows if that will continue 🤷‍♀️.  No other suite perks ( ie suite lounge access) apart from double points! 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MISSGJ said:

Good morning! Thanks for your reply. I’ve been told the booking class will be WS if that makes a difference? 

Grand Suite or Higher Gty is called a "SL GTY"

"WS Gty is a Junior Suite or higher

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MISSGJ said:

Good morning! Thanks for your reply. I’ve been told the booking class will be WS if that makes a difference? 

A "W" is a JS - expect a JS and anything else is a bonus!  Remember that once you have been allocated a Gty in UK you cannot swap to another room in that same grade (unlike our chums in the USA).

There are 3 different types of JS. The JS on Anthem do not have the walk-in wardrobes, some grades have a separate sink but you need a J3 to get 2 loos!

J4: Spa Junior Suite

Cabin 267 sqft, Balcony 81 sqft

Two bathrooms: toilet+sink and tub+stand up shower+sink (no toilet)

J3: Family Junior Suite

Cabin: 301 sqft, Balcony 81 sqft

Two bathrooms: toilet+sink and toilet+tub/shower combo+sink

J1: Junior Suite

Cabin: 276 sqft, Balcony 161 sqft

One bathroom: toilet+tub/shower+sink

Good luck! 

• Like 1

Thanks so much for the info! 

We’ve booked as we had credits that would expire. I’ll do as you say and expect a the lowest JS. Anything else is a bonus from there. 

I guess we can always enquire about further upgrades once onboard if we get allocated a JS. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, little britain said:

A "W" is a JS - expect a JS and anything else is a bonus!  Remember that once you have been allocated a Gty in UK you cannot swap to another room in that same grade (unlike our chums in the USA).

There are 3 different types of JS. The JS on Anthem do not have the walk-in wardrobes, some grades have a separate sink but you need a J3 to get 2 loos!

Good luck! 

Thanks for this info. I have a mid ship, J4 on Odyssey (cabin 11638) booked. Is that a Spa JS?

• 2 months later...
On 6/23/2021 at 7:08 AM, little britain said:

Good luck! 

I am booked on Anthem in 10222, a J3, so I thought I’d have the J3 configuration described above with two toilets. However, two customer service reps have told me that this cabin has a “split” bathroom with the J4 configuration described above (only one toilet). Can anyone who has stayed in 10222 confirm the bathroom setup? If it only has one toilet, can you tell me which junior suite cabin numbers on Anthem have the two-toilet setup?

3 hours ago, KelJ said:

I am booked on Anthem in 10222, a J3, so I thought I’d have the J3 configuration described above with two toilets. However, two customer service reps have told me that this cabin has a “split” bathroom with the J4 configuration described above (only one toilet). Can anyone who has stayed in 10222 confirm the bathroom setup? If it only has one toilet, can you tell me which junior suite cabin numbers on Anthem have the two-toilet setup?

J3 and J4’s were previously known as Spa Junior Suites, both have the split bathrooms across from each other. One side has a tub with shower combination, sink and toilet, the other has a walk in shower and sink. I’m not aware that any cabins in these categories have 2 toilets. J1’s are slightly larger cabins with one bathroom but have a huge balcony. 

• 3 months later...
On 9/4/2021 at 4:44 AM, CaroleC said:

J3 and J4’s were previously known as Spa Junior Suites, both have the split bathrooms across from each other. One side has a tub with shower combination, sink and toilet, the other has a walk in shower and sink. I’m not aware that any cabins in these categories have 2 toilets. J1’s are slightly larger cabins with one bathroom but have a huge balcony. 

I am on Anthem right now and can confirm that J3 cabins (formerly family junior suites) have a full bathroom (toilet, sink, full-size tub with shower) and have a separate half bath (toilet and sink).  We are in 10222.  It’s a great room!

• Like 2

On 9/4/2021 at 5:58 AM, KelJ said:

7240 has the walk in shower/bath/sink on one side and then a separate toilet and sink on the other.   This was a J4 so the former Spa JS.

Edited by little britain

5 hours ago, little britain said:

7240 has the walk in shower/bath/sink on one side and then a separate toilet and sink on the other.   This was a J4 so the former Spa JS.

We were in 7240 in October, the bathroom layouts are exactly as you say.