Aug 07 encore no longer listed

Just now, JamieLogical said:

@BermudaBound2014 Can you elaborate on this four week quarantine you are referring to for vaccinated crew? I thought that J&J only required two weeks to be considered fully vaccinated?

I completely default to you for anything vaccination related. I could absolutely be wrong here.

4 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

@BermudaBound2014 Can you elaborate on this four week quarantine you are referring to for vaccinated crew? I thought that J&J only required two weeks to be considered fully vaccinated?

I just double checked, this comes up on quite a few sites so maybe that is where I got the 4 weeks from:

image.thumb.png.f6846c4d9f55dfdf97f8f956fb19d680.png

From the CDC the list is 2 weeks, but it's only 66% effective? I thought all three had similar effectiveness. I have much to learn.

image.thumb.png.4812b9b70d47ef99b10c623059c6e7d9.png

7 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I just double checked, this comes up on quite a few sites so maybe that is where I got the 4 weeks from:

image.thumb.png.f6846c4d9f55dfdf97f8f956fb19d680.png

From the CDC the list is 2 weeks, but it's only 66% effective? I thought all three had similar effectiveness. I have much to learn.

image.thumb.png.4812b9b70d47ef99b10c623059c6e7d9.png

The J&J had lower efficacy rates in trials, but it also underwent trials at a different time and in different locations than Moderna & Pfizer, so it is not an apples to apples comparison. For example, some of the J&J trials were going on in South Africa when that variant of the virus was circulating widely there. Meanwhile, the Moderna and Pfizer trial data comes from before any of the variants were circulating widely.

Edited by JamieLogical

Per the CAS representative I just spoke to, the ship is at capacity (60 percent) and so they closed off bookings. She assured me that I had nothing to be concerned about. Ship is headed to Seattle  and crew assignments were in place

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, kimandtim said:

Per the CAS representative I just spoke to, the ship is at capacity (60 percent) and so they closed off bookings. She assured me that I had nothing to be concerned about. Ship is headed to Seattle  and crew assignments were in place

Thank you!!! That is what I was told as well, but not the 60%.  What is CAS?

Edited by jcu1210

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

The J&J had lower efficacy rates in trials, but it also underwent trials at a different time and in different locations than Moderna & Pfizer, so it is not an apples to apples comparison. For example, some of the J&J trials were going on in South Africa when that variant of the virus was circulating widely there. Meanwhile, the Moderna and Pfizer trial data comes from before any of the variants were circulating widely.

I think they are going with the 2 week waiting period

4 minutes ago, kandocruise said:

Yes, we received an upgrade offer several weeks ago.  We didn’t submit an offer as we are traveling with friends and don’t want to be split up in location on the ship. 

With a 60% capacity I think there should be a better than normal chance of an upgrade, there will be less bids spread over more availability, good luck 😃

3 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Do you have the dreaded "Your cruise is on hold" screen when you log into NCL? If not, then my suspicion is that it has sold out to whatever the maximum capacity is that they plan to sail at.

My online reservation still looks "normal".

Last night, many of the cabin classes (from inside to Haven) were starting to show "sold out", so things were getting close to whatever capacity they are shooting for. 

I would be very angry if NCL was pulling a stunt like cancelling the Aug 7 voyage to do a PR/Media cruise. I had that happen to me on both the first Joy and first Encore cruises in 2019.  

3 hours ago, davencl said:

For those on the Aug. 7th sailing have you received the Advantage upgrade offer?

Yes I received upgrade offer 2 weeks ago for the Aug 7th.

My offer is in for the Haven Category HE.

2 minutes ago, ShakeDaddy said:

Yes I received upgrade offer 2 weeks ago for the Aug 7th.

My offer is in for the Haven Category HE.

Thanks for the replies.  Guessing my offer should be next week sometime. (Aug. 21 sailing)

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Got it on 6/14/21

How are the upgrade offers sent out? I have never gotten one but I also have not cruised NCL in quite some time. Just wondering if there is any rhyme or reason or they just send them out randomly. 

5 minutes ago, redsox1584 said:

How are the upgrade offers sent out? I have never gotten one but I also have not cruised NCL in quite some time. Just wondering if there is any rhyme or reason or they just send them out randomly. 

They typically are available to everyone who doesn't book with a TA that doesn't participate. You usually see them when you log into My NCL and view your cruise. You will see a big slide on the main screen that says "Let's Get You Upgraded". If you are booked in a studio cabin, you are not eligible to bid.

• Like 1

Just now, JamieLogical said:

They typically are available to everyone who doesn't book with a TA that doesn't participate. You usually see them when you log into My NCL and view your cruise. You will see a big slide on the main screen that says "Let's Get You Upgraded". If you are booked in a studio cabin, you are not eligible to bid.

Thank you for the information!

2 hours ago, redsox1584 said:

I usually see the offer on my MyNCL home page before I get the email. 

image.png.783e41fb6f09e54c5d65c267368b2a8e.png

At this moment in time, I am elated to see this screen when I log on vs. the screen of death indicating that a cancellation is in progress. Being obsessive, I am checking every few hours. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I will lose it if Encore to Alaska gets canceled for the season. The argument as to why my Joy sailings were canceled was that they were moving the crew to the Bliss (then Encore). So if those sailings get cancelled as well, I am going to be pretty miffed!

I will lose it as well, just rebooked to Encore after losing the bliss