Flight Ease rebooking on transferred cruise.

VMax1700

I am one of many who have had cruises cancelled and/or changed recently.

Our Volendam trans Atlantic has now been moved to Eurodam and the letter advising us of the change stated:

Air booked through Holland America Line’s Flight Ease will be automatically rebooked upon acceptance of your new Eurodam booking, at the original rate paid.

Recently we received another document named "Update on your new 2021 Eurodam booking, part of which states:

Air booked through Holland America Line’s Flight Ease® has been rebooked and moved to your new booking.

We have now received the updated Booking Confirmation and there is no mention of flights, nor is there an amount shown for flights.

Should I wait a bit longer or should I call HAL?  I know they are very busy with amendments and cancellations and don't want to add to their workload at the moment so what would those who have experienced this problem, advise?

If you have searched everywhere for the information then yes do call. You don’t really have a choice.    I would wait a day or so to let everything settle.   Did you go to flight ease and look there?  

Have you logged into your account and checked for flights?  That's where I found ours.  I had to have an adjustment made, because we wanted to get into the port city a few days earlier than they had booked us.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mary229 said:

If you have searched everywhere for the information then yes do call. You don’t really have a choice.    I would wait a day or so to let everything settle.   Did you go to flight ease and look there?  

1 minute ago, ger_77 said:

Have you logged into your account and checked for flights?  That's where I found ours.  I had to have an adjustment made, because we wanted to get into the port city a few days earlier than they had booked us.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

I have signed into Flight Ease and nothing is showing up!

I was just wondering if others have already received updated flight information or if it is normal for there to be a delay.  (I know - define 'normal' !!)   Flight schedules are changing almost daily.  Nearly as bad as cruise bookings.

• Like 1

I actually logged into my account (not flight ease) and went to my booking.  Looked under the air pre-post thing (sorry not near computer just on my phone).  It was under there.  Our flight that they re-booked us on is over $1400 more than previously.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

I have signed into Flight Ease and nothing is showing up!

I was just wondering if others have already received updated flight information or if it is normal for there to be a delay.  (I know - define 'normal' !!)   Flight schedules are changing almost daily.  Nearly as bad as cruise bookings.

Having recently had a serious snafu with cancelling and rebooking via FlightEase, I'd call. It took about 30 mins on the phone to even figure out how the system had messed things up. My PCC said I had done everything right but the computer system glitched out. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't wait. We had FE booked and paid for our Oct Rotterdam TA. It was there on Monday and gone on Tuesday. FE tried to tell me Delta cancelled the flights (due to covid) and therefore FE cancelled them, but I was on line with Delta and the flights were all still totally still there. I am a very frequent flier and pressed the issue and all of a sudden, FE could find them and reconfirm our original booking at our original price. My advice to everyone is to take control of your travel, work positively with FE and continue to check your flight itineraries weekly (Not sure about all airlines, but Delta changes their flights on Saturdays every week) to ensure you still have the flights you originally booked with FE. 

• Like 3

So we had a Mediterranean voyage scheduled for July that got bumped to 2022. We had our flights booked through flight ease and experienced the same problem. Spoke to my BBTA and they shared that the funds are essentially sitting in an escrow account until i find an itinerary that i like. Once i find that I'm to call my BBTA and they will work with HAl to book my flights through FlightEase. Seems odd, but i booked my flights with gift cards bought through the recent sale so I wasn't looking for a refund because it would be net neutral. 

1 hour ago, boze9999 said:

I wouldn't wait. We had FE booked and paid for our Oct Rotterdam TA. It was there on Monday and gone on Tuesday. FE tried to tell me Delta cancelled the flights (due to covid) and therefore FE cancelled them, but I was on line with Delta and the flights were all still totally still there. I am a very frequent flier and pressed the issue and all of a sudden, FE could find them and reconfirm our original booking at our original price. My advice to everyone is to take control of your travel, work positively with FE and continue to check your flight itineraries weekly (Not sure about all airlines, but Delta changes their flights on Saturdays every week) to ensure you still have the flights you originally booked with FE. 

Thank you for the advice.  Thinking I will be in the same "boat" shortly for a South American cruise.

• Like 1