More Cancelled Cruises

sidari

Copied from another platform.

Just received this in an email from Msc As the COVID-19 global public health emergency continues to evolve, we are constantly monitoring the situation, prioritizing the health and safety of our guests, crew and the communities we visit. With significant measures still in place throughout several countries in Europe, and following the guidance of governments and health authorities around the world, we have made the difficult decision to cancel bookings for U.S. guests on the following sailings:
MSC Grandiosa cruises with departures from July 3, 2021 through July 14, 2021
MSC Magnifica cruises with departures from July 4, 2021 through July 14, 2021
MSC Orchestra cruises with departures from July 4, 2021 through July 11, 2021
MSC Seaside cruises with departures from July 2, 2021 through July 11, 2021
MSC Splendida cruises with departures from July 3, 2021 through July  10, 2021
As one of our guests booked on one of these sailings, we’ve unfortunately had to cancel your upcoming booking.

I found this thread confusing.  The thread title mentions cancelled cruises, however, the announcements specifies US guests on those cruises.  Were the cruises cancelled or just the US passenger bookings? ….Possibly due to continued travel restrictions for US/EU travel?

Dennis

37 minutes ago, kelleherdl said:

I found this thread confusing.  The thread title mentions cancelled cruises, however, the announcements specifies US guests on those cruises.  Were the cruises cancelled or just the US passenger bookings? ….Possibly due to continued travel restrictions for US/EU travel?

Dennis

Hi Dennis ... The cancellations are for US cruisers, an unfortunate choice of thread title.

• Like 1

Guessing our Bellissima in October in Japan is cancelled! When I log on now we are showing as booked on a 2 night one called Nar departing in July and not 9 nights in October!

3 hours ago, nikkiw60 said:

Guessing our Bellissima in October in Japan is cancelled! When I log on now we are showing as booked on a 2 night one called Nar departing in July and not 9 nights in October!

NAR (No Area) is a placeholder cruise also known at MSC as a "Ghost Cruise".  While there is a slight chance it could be reworked, there is a high probability that it will be cancelled.

Before that occurs, odds are strong that MSC will string you along for months, creating considerable confusion.  They may tell you that you cannot get your deposit returned at this time because the cruise is "locked", or tell you to be patient while they "rework it".  But they probably won't rework it.  All sorts of possibilities to keep you on your toes.  But in the end, strong probability of cancellation.

My November 2021 cruise was cancelled on November 6, 2020, but they strung me along until last week.

Edited by Stockjock

Well that's great! 😞  I'm scheduled on the Grandiosa for 7/19.  Do I take a preemptive strike and cancel my cruise so I can start working on a vacation Plan B???   Or do I cross my fingers and hope for the best knowing I probably won't be able to get on the ship and I probably won't know until a few days before the 19th??!!  Ugh..  Thanks, MSC.  I know COVID's changed the game, but not a very good first impression. 😠

4 hours ago, Stockjock said:

My November 2021 cruise was cancelled on November 6, 2020, but they strung me along until last week.

Hi Stockjock, which November 2021 Cruise was cancelled and which cruises are you currently sailing right now ? From which ports?

we might be on the same Cruise

Edited by drsel

8 hours ago, sidari said:

Hi Dennis ... The cancellations are for US cruisers, an unfortunate choice of thread title.

But Spain has already opened its borders for all fully vaccinated tourists from all countries.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/spain-opens-its-borders-for-vaccinated-travellers-worldwide/

Edited by drsel

7 hours ago, Stockjock said:

NAR (No Area) is a placeholder cruise also known at MSC as a "Ghost Cruise".  While there is a slight chance it could be reworked, there is a high probability that it will be cancelled.

Before that occurs, odds are strong that MSC will string you along for months, creating considerable confusion.  They may tell you that you cannot get your deposit returned at this time because the cruise is "locked", or tell you to be patient while they "rework it".  But they probably won't rework it.  All sorts of possibilities to keep you on your toes.  But in the end, strong probability of cancellation.

The cruise has been missing as one to book from the MSC website for months so have been pretty sure it is cancelled. Thing now is to get our deposit and voucher from our Meraviglia cruise back into our account. 

7 hours ago, MajestyCat said:

Well that's great! 😞  I'm scheduled on the Grandiosa for 7/19.  Do I take a preemptive strike and cancel my cruise so I can start working on a vacation Plan B???   Or do I cross my fingers and hope for the best knowing I probably won't be able to get on the ship and I probably won't know until a few days before the 19th??!!  Ugh..  Thanks, MSC.  I know COVID's changed the game, but not a very good first impression. 😠

Next month, July 2021 is very unlikely. Not sure about Aug & Sep also.

We are hoping that Oct 2021 sailings will allow  FULLY VACCINATED guests of all countries to board, because vaccination numbers would be much higher by then & active cases significantly lower.

Also, there will be less demand after the holiday season

Edited by drsel

2 hours ago, drsel said:

Next month, July 2021 is very unlikely. Not sure about Aug & Sep also.

We are hoping that Oct 2021 sailings will allow  FULLY VACCINATED guests of all countries to board, because vaccination numbers would be much higher by then & active cases significantly lower.

Also, there will be less demand after the holiday season

I just don't understand why they aren't allowing US passengers on their ships sailing in Italy and Spain when Italy and Spain have both opened their borders to US travelers? It's just frustrating... ☹️

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nikkiw60 said:

The cruise has been missing as one to book from the MSC website for months so have been pretty sure it is cancelled. Thing now is to get our deposit and voucher from our Meraviglia cruise back into our account. 

Hi Nikki. Let us know what happens with your Mera voucher.   I used ours against next October’s booking and am wondering if they’ll extend the expiry yet again if that cruise becomes a no-go for us. 

12 hours ago, drsel said:

Hi Stockjock, which November 2021 Cruise was cancelled and which cruises are you currently sailing right now ? From which ports?

we might be on the same Cruise

I had a mid-October cruise cancelled and a mid-November cruise that was cancelled, both on Magnifica.  We probably could not have done both and were targeting the mid-November which was a nice 11 night itinerary to the Greek Isles and Israel overnight out of "Rome".

Right now, we're booked on an 11 night with a much different itinerary which also leaves from "Rome" exactly 1 evening later.  I'm surprised that MSC didn't just move passengers from one cruise to the other, since the departure port is the same, the number of nights is the same, and the cruise arrives and departs only 24 hours later.

6 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Hi Nikki. Let us know what happens with your Mera voucher.   I used ours against next October’s booking and am wondering if they’ll extend the expiry yet again if that cruise becomes a no-go for us. 

Hi Bea, will do as soon as I hear anything.

Just now, nikkiw60 said:

Hi Bea, will do as soon as I hear anything.

Thanks, Nikki.  I assume you haven’t flights booked yet?

I only booked our October cruise to use the Mera voucher.   We already had 2 booked for this year with FCCs.   We now have 2 other cruises booked, one in March next year and the other for the following March.   I really don’t want to book anything else in between but will probably end up doing so if the October sailing gets cancelled and the voucher expiry only gets extended to the end of 2022.

4 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Thanks, Nikki.  I assume you haven’t flights booked yet?

I only booked our October cruise to use the Mera voucher.   We already had 2 booked for this year with FCCs.   We now have 2 other cruises booked, one in March next year and the other for the following March.   I really don’t want to book anything else in between but will probably end up doing so if the October sailing gets cancelled and the voucher expiry only gets extended to the end of 2022.

Luckily we hadn’t, we have £1600 tied up with BA from one of our other cancelled ones which we had planned to use for flights. I need to check when that expires as they would not refund us cash.