Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

Hi all, 

We've only sailed on Princess twice, our third is Alaska this coming May. After we picked our arrival time in the app, the bar above the QR code on my app is gold while it's still blue on DH's phone. I don't think it's anything to worry about, there's not much we get at such a low status anyway, but DH is concerned it may make a difference once onboard.  We have the latest app version, and we're using n android phones. Has anyone else run into something similar? Will the issue rectify itself or should we just bring it up when we check in at the port? 

Thanks

2 hours ago, runner2013 said:

Hi all, 

We've only sailed on Princess twice, our third is Alaska this coming May. After we picked our arrival time in the app, the bar above the QR code on my app is gold while it's still blue on DH's phone. I don't think it's anything to worry about, there's not much we get at such a low status anyway, but DH is concerned it may make a difference once onboard.  We have the latest app version, and we're using n android phones. Has anyone else run into something similar? Will the issue rectify itself or should we just bring it up when we check in at the port? 

Thanks

Double check if you have answered the Health/Wellness questions properly. I believe mine turned gold when I answered one of the questions erroneously about being COVID symptomatic. When I changed my answer it went from gold to green. 

You're going to love Alaska with Princess. They make it very special. How many days will you be sailing so close to heaven?

On 3/28/2023 at 11:24 AM, kamelia said:

I did go to one early on and it was the very basic of information (let's just say targeted for the audience JP recommended should "give the device to your grandkids to show you how it works if you can't figure it out") and very clearly not the forum for anyone who had MedallionClass App IT issues.  🥴

Actually that was a quote by JC as in John Chernesky, former VP of Marketing for Princess. He said it during a Medallion webinar to TAs and others like me who listened in. It was an inappropriate comment to say the least given the state of the app at that point in time. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Actually that was a quote by JC as in John Chernesky, former VP of Marketing for Princess. He said it during a Medallion webinar to TAs and others like me who listened in. It was an inappropriate comment to say the least given the state of the app at that point in time. 

Thank you for straightening me out! That's exactly the presentation I remembered, but over time I'd morphed the comment as coming from JP.  I stand corrected!  (And I still think it is an inappropriate comment especially given the state of the app at THIS point in time!)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HiCCCs said:

Double check if you have answered the Health/Wellness questions properly. I believe mine turned gold when I answered one of the questions erroneously about being COVID symptomatic. When I changed my answer it went from gold to green. 

You're going to love Alaska with Princess. They make it very special. How many days will you be sailing so close to heaven?

Thanks for the info. I'll take a look. We're on a 7 day trip ending in Whittier

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seaworthy71 said:

Unfortunately, there seems to be an issue with the service, what a mess. Ocean ready green lane  cannot get time for the port.  22 days away.  any helpful hints?

Wonder if I will be able to fill out health check.  

Are they still doing a health check?  Have you found where in the App you go to select an Arrival Time?  If so and not working, just show up at your convenience for check-in.

Thank You, will not let me select an arrival time, wonder if I can do the health check on the Princess.com web?  Do you know if my sign in for the Princess medallion app, should be different for the Princess .com.

Thank You for any information and thank You for posting to my reply

4 hours ago, Seaworthy71 said:

Thank You, will not let me select an arrival time, wonder if I can do the health check on the Princess.com web?  Do you know if my sign in for the Princess medallion app, should be different for the Princess .com.

Thank You for any information and thank You for posting to my reply

Sign in is the same for Princess.com and the Princess App.  I am not sure that any health questions are on the website version.  I am not the best to ask since I do not have an active booking at this time and the App has had updates.

We’re green for our next (April 15) cruise.  I don’t remember filling in any health questions, and when I search through the app, there isn’t any section in the green lane info that relates to health questions.

I wonder if it’s too early for them to appear, or if they’ve been removed from the app?  I can’t remember where they used to appear.

they have done several changes related to the Plus package - of course the info is confusing, and incorrect, but interesting to see the changes.  We’re Premium package, but this is what we see…. I’m guessing the “Plus” is the old package, and the “Plus -60” means we have the newer package… instead?  Also?  Who knows?  Premium doesn’t show up in the other areas (except in the website), but it did let us use the dining credits, so the app is partially aware.  I’m sure it’ll be sorted out eventually.

9E2439FE-E5BB-42CB-B087-3C9E6D33513A.png

Edited by WAvoyager
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Seaworthy71 said:

Unfortunately, there seems to be an issue with the service, what a mess. Ocean ready green lane  cannot get time for the port.  22 days away.  any helpful hints?

Wonder if I will be able to fill out health check.  

Good morning Seaworthy71.....you definitely can go into your Cruise Personalizer to work on your health/wellness check. Here are the steps:

1. Log into your Cruise Personalizer on Princess.com

2. Click on My Account.

3. Click on Manage This Booking

3. Look for the link as circled in red in the screenshot below.

4. Once you click on it, it may give you a message: 

Unfortunately, there seems to be an issue with the service.

Try again later.

5. Just click on continue and it will take you to the web version of the Medallion App....from there simply log-in using your regular Princess Cruise Personalizer username and password.

6. From there, scroll down and look for the table titled "Suggested" and click on Wellness Check.

7. From there, you should be able to access the Wellness Form and upload your vaccination card if you are vaccinated.

Happy to help if you get stuck or need other help.

image.thumb.png.ffff36e3196eb1cd785b6bf7238d3cd0.png

1 hour ago, bjkTX said:

For our cruise in Sep/Oct and again in Dec we were never asked any of the health questions and we did not have a form online or in paper form.

Same for our Feb. cruise-no health questions or forms.

1 hour ago, bjkTX said:

For our cruise in Sep/Oct and again in Dec we were never asked any of the health questions and we did not have a form online or in paper form.

With Princess? May I ask where you cruised those months?

1 minute ago, 1965 said:

Same for our Feb. cruise-no health questions or forms.

I don't get it....then why is it still on the Medallion app? And still coming up as an issue regarding "blue line" vs. "green line" for boarding/sailing readiness?

9 minutes ago, HiCCCs said:

I don't get it....then why is it still on the Medallion app? And still coming up as an issue regarding "blue line" vs. "green line" for boarding/sailing readiness?

What is your itinerary? I think, not sure, there are a few destinations that may require health info. I have 3 cruises booked, am green lined for all 3, no health information was required. They are for the Mediterranean, trans Atlantic, & British Isles. 

Edited by 1965

7 minutes ago, 1965 said:

What is your itinerary? I think, not sure, there are a few destinations that may require health info. I have 3 cruises booked, am green lined for all 3, no health information was required. 

Panama Canal (Full transit-historic locks) coming up in just a few weeks--Fort Lauderdale, FL to Los Angeles, CA.

8 minutes ago, 1965 said:

What is your itinerary? I think, not sure, there are a few destinations that may require health info. I have 3 cruises booked, am green lined for all 3, no health information was required. 

Here's what I just found on Princess.....

Colombia Protocols

This specific booking and/or voyage follows our COVID-19 Colombia Protocols for vaccination and testing requirements.

Vaccination Requirements

• It is highly recommended that all guests be up to date on their vaccination status. Vaccinations, however, are not required.

Testing Requirements

• Vaccinated guests:
    • No testing is required for vaccinated guests.
  • Unvaccinated guests:
    • All unvaccinated guests ages 19 and older are required to take a medically observed COVID-test. Guests may take a Medically observed Antigen test taken within 48 hours or PCR test taken within 72 hours of embarkation.

Please upload all required documentation to the MedallionClass app for a quick and seamless embarkation process.

Global COVID-19 regulations and protocols are continuously changing and we may revise or modify these requirements (effective immediately) to evolve with the latest practices at any time. Please check back regularly for any updates. These protocols only apply to the specific booking number or voyage entered.

As of December 2, 2022

2 hours ago, HiCCCs said:

With Princess? May I ask where you cruised those months?

We did a British Isles cruise out of England that started 30 Sep - we used it to celebrate our 50th on the Emerald Princess.  Then we did an 11 day Christmas cruise on the Ruby Princess to the Caribbean out of Galveston.  Our cruises in Nov and Feb will both be on the Emerald.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1965 said:

What is your itinerary? I think, not sure, there are a few destinations that may require health info. 

Yes there are. We boarded the Coral Princess yesterday in Sydney for a 28 day cruise around Australia.  We were notified all along that it was an enhanced voyage and in the week leading up to the cruise received 2 email notices. As of day 1 over 90% of passengers seem to be wearing masks correctly.

image.thumb.jpeg.4fd9ff238bd799184200a55a38ce7459.jpeg

image.thumb.png.15660acb00e15ee29dfa1ffb2b29ccb4.png

• Thanks 1