Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

6 hours ago, ShipWalker said:

Where do I find the version number for the app I am currently using??  (iPhone6 and DW's Samsung Galaxy S23)

ShipWalker,

On the S23, long press the Princess app, which pops up the contextual box for options like Uninstall, Move, etc, there is a title bar on the top that will read "Princess" and to the right side of the title bar is a little "i". Click that "i" to see app information,  scroll to the bottom of it and you will see the version number.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@leck57 & @nzOdy  Thanks for the tips. Two ways to get to the same answer.

Still hoping to get an suggestion for the iPhone.

HAL and Seabourn both basically use the same app with a simple "about" to pull up the version.

As a soon to be first time Princess cruiser I won't worry about it once I am onboard and drinking. 🍸

Edited by ShipWalker
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, ShipWalker said:

Still hoping to get an suggestion for the iPhone

Go to settings, general, iphone storage, scroll to the princess app and select.  The version will show at the top.  To check to see if it’s the latest version go to the Princess medallion app in the app store and look at the version history.  If there is a new version you haven’t downloaded it will show a blue bar with “update”, if you’re current it will say “open”

Edited by t&atravel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ShipWalker said:

As a soon to be first time Princess cruiser I won't worry about it once I am onboard and drinking. 🍸

@ShipWalker Can I ask which cruise is going to be your first Princess Cruise? Just asking as we're doing a 5d out of SF on the 21st.

On 11/5/2023 at 8:31 PM, birdiebill said:

My problem was corrected today.  My booking missing from the app was the first booking of the back to back on the Sun Princess.  I tried to get it fixed through online chat, but after communicating back and forth on the issue, I lost my chat connection with the agent.  About a half hour later I checked the app again and discovered that the missing booking was now on the app, combined with the booking for the second leg of my back to back. The back to back is now listed on the app as a single booking, but with the booking number of the second leg.  On Princess web site, they are still listed as two separate bookings with the original booking numbers.  Don’t know if agent fixed it after losing connection or if data system auto combined the two. 

My recent experience with the B2B is that the app does combine them...however, the web-site recognizes them as two separate bookings. I had two separate stateroom accounts for the two segments of the B2B. 

15 minutes ago, ShipWalker said:

Regal out of Galveston, February 24th.

If you've not sailed out of Galveston before,  just beware that because of the liquor laws in Texas, the cocktail options for the initial part of your cruise are very "limited".

But I hope you enjoy it immensely!

• Like 2

Hello all Android users, just checked and the Playstore now has version 3.0.108730 available.

I risked the install and can report, that at least on my Samsung S22+, the Screen Reader permission issue is fixed.

You can now update and not risk the malfunctioning 3.0.108702 version being installed.

Edited by nzOdy
typo
  • Thanks 7

Thank you nzOdy, and Hagainps.  Confirming the update still works on my A52 and S6 Lite tablet (after workaround).  It also now works on DW's Motorola Moto 5g.  We're sailing in 2+ days so it's good to know we don't need to worry about the previous errant update.

Thank you!

• Like 4

I didn't do the last bad update since I'm sailing this Sunday. I paused my updates. Do you think it's safe to install this one? Or should I stay paused and use the one I know works? If it forces me to update while on the cruise is there a chance I could have problems and the update wouldn't go through?

@Bollycats, I think  updating to the current version in the google play-store is as safe as any other update you've previously done (this obviously doesn't include version 3.0.108702).

One thing I noticed yesterday in the latest app is that it recognised and used Dining credits for a Specialty dining reservation. I know we hadn't been able to do that with a different kind of dining credit back in June. Not sure if that's a true upgraded feature or not.

We've had two people reporting on the latest version, from 1 gen old devices to older and lower spec ones, so it seems to be safe.

I take no responsibility for anything that goes wrong though! 😃

PS - the disturbing thing is that I can now type version 3.0.108702 from memory. *sigh*

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, nzOdy said:

@Bollycats, I think  updating to the current version in the google play-store is as safe as any other update you've previously done (this obviously doesn't include version 3.0.108702).

One thing I noticed yesterday in the latest app is that it recognised and used Dining credits for a Specialty dining reservation. I know we hadn't been able to do that with a different kind of dining credit back in June. Not sure if that's a true upgraded feature or not.

We've had two people reporting on the latest version, from 1 gen old devices to older and lower spec ones, so it seems to be safe.

I take no responsibility for anything that goes wrong though! 😃

PS - the disturbing thing is that I can now type version 3.0.108702 from memory. *sigh*

Thanks, I'll go ahead and do it and we'll see what happens!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nzOdy said:

One thing I noticed yesterday in the latest app is that it recognized and used Dining credits for a Specialty dining reservation. I know we hadn't been able to do that with a different kind of dining credit back in June. Not sure if that's a true upgraded feature or not.

Wow!  They finally fixed that - again for about the 3rd time I think.  It will be truly nice and remove a LOT of frustration for folks if this has been finally fixed.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Wow!  They finally fixed that - again for about the 3rd time I think.  It will be truly nice and remove a LOT of frustration for folks if this has been finally fixed.

I know right!! The 'other' credit I was referring to in June was the first night Suite Guest perk. I tried booking ahead of the cruise, in the app,  for a party of 6, where 4 were eligible for credit, somehow had to end up paying for 4 by credit card.

Just yesterday I was able to apply promotional dining credits in the app for a specialty booking for myself and DW. So it was a refreshing experience.

I also learned over this experience that when you call the general help number,  the front line agents have no more access than you do. They are simply impersonating your login on a phone and the web.

I guess they reserve higher level access to your account to higher level customer service staff.

• Like 2

On 11/9/2023 at 10:32 PM, nzOdy said:

I know right!! The 'other' credit I was referring to in June was the first night Suite Guest perk. I tried booking ahead of the cruise, in the app,  for a party of 6, where 4 were eligible for credit, somehow had to end up paying for 4 by credit card.

Just yesterday I was able to apply promotional dining credits in the app for a specialty booking for myself and DW. So it was a refreshing experience.

I also learned over this experience that when you call the general help number,  the front line agents have no more access than you do. They are simply impersonating your login on a phone and the web.

I guess they reserve higher level access to your account to higher level customer service staff.

There is no need to reserve the first night free specialty restaurant for full suites in advance. We have always just called the dine line and gotten the restaurant and time we like. They keep tables empty for suites. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, lcryderman said:

I'm having the same thing. Then, when I tried to reset my password it didn't recognize my email address. All this despite the fact that I can log in to the website and have booked my cruise already. 

I am lighting candles to the tiki gods of Ocean Medallion app that this is a sign of a major fix about to occur and new launch.....and this thread will finally have its proper and rightful burial.

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, HiCCCs said:

I am lighting candles to the tiki gods of Ocean Medallion app that this is a sign of a major fix about to occur and new launch.....and this thread will finally have its proper and rightful burial.

So, I was able to successully log in by using my booking number rather than my email address. Sure hope they upgrade the app though! 1.5 stars in the Play store?? 

• Like 2

On 11/13/2023 at 6:11 AM, kitty2264 said:

For several days now, I have been getting "We're sorry. Our servers are having problems. Please try again later." I just don't understand why this app is such a boondoggle. I have tried all the usual steps but the result is always the same.

Try logging in with your booking number rather than your email address. This worked for me after receiving the same error.

• Like 2

With the iPhone update that I installed on November 10th the app no longer shows that we have a "Package" for our cruise early next month.  The right info is still shown in the Personalizer (and in the Travel Summary that you can now access through the app) so it's somewhere in the systems.  But there will be a visit to GS in our future if this isn't resolved before we board.  Sigh.

I was actually one of the guinea pigs for the latest version of the app just before the restart of cruising.  I had lots of contact with the development team and reported issues most of which were fixed.  Since then the app has mostly worked for me.  Sadly the old email addresses that I had no longer work or I would try that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

With the iPhone update that I installed on November 10th the app no longer shows that we have a "Package" for our cruise early next month.  The right info is still shown in the Personalizer (and in the Travel Summary that you can now access through the app) so it's somewhere in the systems.  But there will be a visit to GS in our future if this isn't resolved before we board.  Sigh.

I was actually one of the guinea pigs for the latest version of the app just before the restart of cruising.  I had lots of contact with the development team and reported issues most of which were fixed.  Since then the app has mostly worked for me.  Sadly the old email addresses that I had no longer work or I would try that.

No big deal this happens all the time and gets corrected prior to sailing. I grab a screenshot of my travel summary every cruise but have never needed to use it. As soon as I get on board I check and yep plus package is there

• Like 1