Princess Hawaii Cruises

PrincessLuver

That’s encouraging news & eventually we’ll learn if Gov. Ige and county mayors will follow CDC guidance or like for air travel they will ignore that guidance & make travel more restrictive.

Hawaii required testing 72 hours before arrival even after the CDC stated that it was unnecessary for fully vaccinated people. Eventually he waived the test requirement only for people fully vaccinated in Hawaii & now he expects to accept people fully vaccinated outside of the state beginning on 7/8/21. Some county mayors required additional testing for passengers when they arrived that were not mandated by the state.

Hopefully there won’t be similar issues with cruises but Hawaii has not followed CDC guidance for air travel & has mandated more restrictive policies on the air travel industry than they’re required to do by the CDC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

We are on the November 5th sailing to Hawaii on the Grand.  We can't wait to be on a cruise ship again!!!

Us too!  Very excited to get back to cruising, especially on this itinerary (we love all the sea days). 👍

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

That’s encouraging news & eventually we’ll learn if Gov. Ige and county mayors will follow CDC guidance or like for air travel they will ignore that guidance & make travel more restrictive.

Hawaii required testing 72 hours before arrival even after the CDC stated that it was unnecessary for fully vaccinated people. Eventually he waived the test requirement only for people fully vaccinated in Hawaii & now he expects to accept people fully vaccinated outside of the state beginning on 7/8/21. Some county mayors required additional testing for passengers when they arrived that were not mandated by the state.

Hopefully there won’t be similar issues with cruises but Hawaii has not followed CDC guidance for air travel & has mandated more restrictive policies on the air travel industry than they’re required to do by the CDC.

Slightly outdated information, thankfully.

Gov Ige announced last week that starting July 8th proof of vaccination will replace the need for pre travel COVID testing.  Also, the state has a roadmap which states that once vaccination rates reach 70% (approaching 60% as of this date) travel restrictions will be fully lifted.  Vaccination uptake remains reasonable in Hawaii, the 70% figure is anticipated for sometime in September.

With cruises starting about end of September, hopefully, we'll all be past the restrictions by the time we sail.  Our return to Hawaii, and return to the Grand happen on January 4th.  How brave (or crazy) are we to go on the same cruise (albeit from LA instead of SF) on the same ship that sent us to Travis last time we sailed?

Edited by jondfk

1 hour ago, jondfk said:

Slightly outdated information, thankfully.

Gov Ige announced last week that starting July 8th proof of vaccination will replace the need for pre travel COVID testing.  Also, the state has a roadmap which states that once vaccination rates reach 70% (approaching 60% as of this date) travel restrictions will be fully lifted.  Vaccination uptake remains reasonable in Hawaii, the 70% figure is anticipated for sometime in September.

With cruises starting about end of September, hopefully, we'll all be past the restrictions by the time we sail.  Our return to Hawaii, and return to the Grand happen on January 4th.  How brave (or crazy) are we to go on the same cruise (albeit from LA instead of SF) on the same ship that sent us to Travis last time we sailed?

Not sure what part of my post was outdated as I explained about how things have evolved here including the expected upcoming change to allow those who are fully vaccinated outside of Hawaii to not require a test. He’s repeatedly said it’s expected to happen beginning on 7/8/21 at 60% but hasn’t guaranteed it. Based on his numerous previously missed deadlines, I’m cautious about his current statements.

The percentages Ige uses are deceptive because they are based on the total population & not just for those who are eligible for the vaccine. I have read on our local news sources that 70% of the state being vaccinated would actually be 82% of eligible people. Good luck with that because they’ve been struggling to get 60% of the entire population vaccinated even when offering incentives to get fully vaccinated.

Hopefully he’ll create a procedure to reopen the state to cruising and that you’ll have a much more relaxing experience than the last time. 🤞😎🤙

Thankfully the only time I flew into Travis AFB it was on my way to mustering out of the USN. ☺️

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Haha 1

I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion, however, there's no doubt the vaccination program takes over on July 8th.  From the State website today:  https://hawaiicovid19.com/travel/faqs/ 

I suppose everything is reversible, we all know that after the year we've been through, but I highly doubt they will cancel this important step so close at hand.  I agree the 70% hurdle is tougher to hit, but there is less resistance to vaccination in Hawaii than, say, Alabama and a real commitment to get the tourist economy reopened.  We saw this first hand when we visited Kauai shortly after they opened in April.

Let's stay positive and hope for the best.

Jon

• Like 1