B2B with cabin change

jrobinso

Currently booked on a Hawaii cruise out of LA on 2/13/22. Thinking about booking the 10 day Mexico before the Hawaii cruise and doing a B2B. Unfortunately our cabin for our Hawaii cruise is not available. How does this work? I’m specifically wondering about our luggage and belongings going from one cabin to the other. 

jan

If you have to switch cabins, the Room Steward will help you move with a luggage cart.  You'll have to wait until the cabin you are moving to has been vacated and cleaned.  It is usually an easy task.

A thought, have you considered moving the Hawaii cabin to one that is available on your first cruise?

• Thanks 1

Fairly easy-Pack your clothes or have them ready to move on hangers. Take valuables with you. You will probably be asked to leave ship and then return. Prepare for some time off the ship as they need to clear it for customs. By the time you get back aboard your stuff should be in new cabin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:
8 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

If you have to switch cabins, the Room Steward will help you move with a luggage cart.  You'll have to wait until the cabin you are moving to has been vacated and cleaned.  It is usually an easy task.

A thought, have you considered moving the Hawaii cabin to one that is available on your first cruise?

Good idea, but we are in a Window Suite for our Hawaii cruise and I hate to give that up.

Thank you for the information.

11 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

I booked a b2b Hawaii/Mexico in the same cabin on the very first day reservations were open.  How flexible are you?  Can you move your dates?  Hawaii/Mexico or Mexico/Hawaii?

As others have mentioned, don't forget the treasures from your safe.  Steward/crew will not touch anything from drawers/toiletries.  On previous cruises, I was able to move from one cabin to the next after breakfast before transit passengers were to report for leaving the ship.

Just saw your most recent post.  Yes, I am also in a Window Suite.  This may be trickier since they sell out fast.

Edited by cr8tiv1

4 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

On previous cruises, I was able to move from one cabin to the next after breakfast before transit passengers were to report for leaving the ship.

Same for us, we have been able to move over before transit passengers exited the ship.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I booked a b2b Hawaii/Mexico in the same cabin on the very first day reservations were open.  How flexible are you?  Can you move your dates?  Hawaii/Mexico or Mexico/Hawaii?

As others have mentioned, don't forget the treasures from your safe.  Steward/crew will not touch anything from drawers/toiletries.  On previous cruises, I was able to move from one cabin to the next after breakfast before transit passengers were to report for leaving the ship.

Just saw your most recent post.  Yes, I am also in a Window Suite.  This may be trickier since they sell out fast.

When I saw the Window Suite was available on the Hawaii cruise I booked it immediately . No suites at all available for the Mexico cruise. Wish I had thought about doing a B2B sooner.. Thanks for the reminder to take all valuables/toiletries.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Here's another option:  Get yourself on a Waitlist for a Window Suite.  It's still "early" and something may show up between now and final payment.  

I honestly didn’t know that was an option! Excellent idea. Thank you.

• Like 1

Such a smooth transition from cabin to cabin the cabin Stewart will take everything for you you can leave your clothes on the hanger still and then they put it on like a bellhop cart and then you just pack your listings and your luggage and they gently put your luggage in your room and hang up your clothes into your new closet. The very few times that I've had to move to a new cabin when I sell for multiple sailings in a row and I've always been so completely grateful and impressed

• Thanks 1

a) A few days before turnaround day, go meet your new cabin steward and request that your new cabin be prepared as early as he can do it.

b) Pack everything but your hanging clothes. As others pointed out, your cabin steward will take care of having your luggage and hanging clothes moved to the new cabin.

c) Move what is in the safe to your new cabin any time after the new cabin has been vacated by the previous guests. If your new cabin is fully ready, you can either wait for the cabin steward to move your luggage and hanging clothes or do it yourself.

d) You can leave the ship to explore on your own once disembarkation starts or take a ship's tour on turnaround day if you wish. If you leave the ship, take your passport with you to go through immigration. You can return to the ship once boarding has started for new passengers.

e) If you choose to remain on board, you will be given a time to meet with all other B2B passengers still on board to be taken as a group through immigration. You will be let back onto the ship as soon as the passenger count has been zeroed.

f) Your medallion will be good for both segments. At some point on turnaround day it will stop access to your old cabin and allow accedd to your new one. (I do not know the timing on that switch.)

g) Verify during the first segment at customer service that their computer system knows you are on a B2B and that your onboard accou7nt will roll over to the 2nd segment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, caribill said:

a) A few days before turnaround day, go meet your new cabin steward and request that your new cabin be prepared as early as he can do it.

b) Pack everything but your hanging clothes. As others pointed out, your cabin steward will take care of having your luggage and hanging clothes moved to the new cabin.

c) Move what is in the safe to your new cabin any time after the new cabin has been vacated by the previous guests. If your new cabin is fully ready, you can either wait for the cabin steward to move your luggage and hanging clothes or do it yourself.

d) You can leave the ship to explore on your own once disembarkation starts or take a ship's tour on turnaround day if you wish. If you leave the ship, take your passport with you to go through immigration. You can return to the ship once boarding has started for new passengers.

e) If you choose to remain on board, you will be given a time to meet with all other B2B passengers still on board to be taken as a group through immigration. You will be let back onto the ship as soon as the passenger count has been zeroed.

f) Your medallion will be good for both segments. At some point on turnaround day it will stop access to your old cabin and allow accedd to your new one. (I do not know the timing on that switch.)

g) Verify during the first segment at customer service that their computer system knows you are on a B2B and that your onboard accou7nt will roll over to the 2nd segment.

Great information. Thank you!

If you have something like medication in the refrigerator, make sure you move that yourself when the new cabin becomes available, and that both your existing cabin steward and room service are aware of the fact that it is not trash by putting a note on the door. Friends of ours had their prescription injectable medication thrown out by room service because they thought it had been left behind. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1