Horizon in July ..... Full Capacity?

cdorval

29 minutes ago, cdorval said:

I'm sailing at the end of July and haven't seen anything about ship capacity. Is Carnival sailing at full capacity in July?  Has any info been shared regarding capacity? Thanks ...

My PvP said most ships are at 50-60% capacity currently for the July and August sailings. I dont think that is limited by the cruise but with the restrictions all that have booked. For the price I just paid for my 8/1 Horizon sailing they might be getting a little desperate to fill the ships up a little more. 

Edited by tap_out

I think it’s going to be less that 50%.  Celebrity edge sailed with just over 1100 people and it holds like 3500 I think….  Nobody seems to know and nobody is actually saying

i agree with tapout, they just cut prices on July 18th sailing so I believe they are having issues getting people right now.   Most people already have summer plans booked.   They will fill up end of year cruises easier I think 

• Like 1

I would have hoped that John H would have commented on this subject, but apparently MUM is the word. 

I understand that the Edge sailed at 40%.

Frankly, I'm thinking that Carnival is willing to go 70+%, if only because they have not brought it up!

Tom

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I would have hoped that John H would have commented on this subject, but apparently MUM is the word. 

I understand that the Edge sailed at 40%.

Frankly, I'm thinking that Carnival is willing to go 70+%, if only because they have not brought it up!

Tom

Agreed, I’m thinking at least 65% for July and 75% for August. 

I have dreams of being on Carnival's largest and newest ship with no crowds.  How awesome is that?  I think by September they will add a lot more passengers.  This is one of the many reasons I didn't cancel and rebook.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 2

I don't think they are putting a hard limit, just controlling with price.  The first ones out of Galveston are pretty pricey, but definitely not full.  So in short, they are not wanting a full ship...but if you're will to pay outrageously they will make it happen.

12 hours ago, SCBarker said:

I don't think they are putting a hard limit, just controlling with price.  The first ones out of Galveston are pretty pricey, but definitely not full.  So in short, they are not wanting a full ship...but if you're will to pay outrageously they will make it happen.

Ehh I don't know I saw the opposite. We were offered a Havana cabana 8/1 and saved 2k over the price pre offer. I honestly think they are having trouble getting people on the ships with the restrictions.  

• Like 1

Hi Everyone - In a recent "Coffee with John" video, John mentioned that all July cruises will not be at full capacity.  Crew is at full capacity, though, and he will announce passenger capacity one day prior to each July sailing. 

I'm on the July 24th sailing and I CAN NOT WAIT!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Which ship/sale date is it that John will be on?

Was the CD announced yet for the Mardi Gras?

Tom

John Heald will be on the first Horizon cruise out of Miami - 4th July.

CD for Mardi Gras was announced a long time ago now: Mike Pack.

3 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

John Heald will be on the first Horizon cruise out of Miami - 4th July.

CD for Mardi Gras was announced a long time ago now: Mike Pack.

Will John be "acting CD" onboard the Horizon? It's hard to imagine John not being front/center. I wonder if he'll be aboard any early sailings of the Mardi Gras.

Mike Pack - does not ring a bell, but I can't recall most CD's (very little in the way of crossed paths)

Tom