Westerdam start saling date?

bluesplayer

Cruise Industry News listed 6  HA ships return to sail dates.  No mention of the Westerdam?   If South America cruises are canceled I hope the make the announcement soon.  Would consider one of the fall west coast cruises as a replacement.  Anyone have any information on the Westerdam 2022 South America?

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/25321-holland-america-line-s-ship-by-ship-u-s-restart.html

The wait is almost over and Holland America Line will soon be joining other cruise lines who have announced imminent restarts.

Six out of the 11 ships in the cruise line’s fleet are scheduled to return to sailing in the U.S. before December 2021. Here’s the detailed summary:

Ship: Zuiderdam 
Capacity (at 100% Occupancy): 1,916
Built: 2002 
Homeport: San Diego 
Itinerary: Mexico, Hawaii, California and Panama Canal 
First Cruise: September 18, 2021

Ship: Koningsdam 
Capacity (at 100% Occupancy): 2,650
Built: 2016 
Homeport: San Diego
Itinerary: Mexico, Hawaii and California 
First Cruise: October 10, 2021

Ship: Nieuw Amsterdam  
Capacity (at 100% Occupancy): 2,100
Built: 2010 
Homeport: Seattle from July 24; Fort Lauderdale from October 23  
Itinerary: Alaska until early October; Eastern, Western and Southern Caribbean from late October
First Cruise: October 23, 2021

Ship: Rotterdam  
Built: 2021 
Homeport: Fort Lauderdale  
Itinerary: Three to 11 days itineraries “covering a wide offering of Caribbean ports”
First Cruise: November 3, 2021

Ship: Eurodam 
Capacity (at 100% Occupancy): 2,104
Built: 2008 
Itinerary: Seven to 11 days Panama Canal (with partial transits) and Eastern Caribbean cruises
First Cruise: November 14, 2021

Ship: Nieuw Statendam 
Built: 2018 
Itinerary: Western and Southern Caribbean ranging from seven to 11 days
First Cruise: November 21, 2021

• Like 1

At this point, Westerdam's first sailing is 22-Day South America and Antarctica departing San Antonio (Santiago), Chile January 5, 2022.  But the fact that they've canceled the first few South America sailings, plus the trip that's supposed to get Westerdam down to SA in the first place, doesn't bode well for the season.

I'm booked on the February 18, 2022 sailing so following closely as well.  If it's a no-go, would like to plan an alternative.  Based on the news, I'm thinking planning that alternative may be prudent regardless.

Westerdam is in a huge conflict for late 2022.

We are booked on her for November, 2022 and she is listed for Med sailings before us and now, the Japan cancelled cruises that are replaced are listed on the Westerdam which conflicts with all the Med cruises.

So who knows?  Did HAL make a mistake and Japan sailings are on the Noordam or are they doing another shuffle again?

In any case, the Westerdam is definitely sailing - the question is where 😉 

• Like 3

Itinerary: Seven to 11 days Panama Canal (with partial transits) and Eastern Caribbean cruises

I hope this isn't correct. I think we're suppose to board Oct. 30 and I know others on the cruise before us.😮

10 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

I hope this isn't correct. I think we're suppose to board Oct. 30 and I know others on the cruise before us.😮

If you are boarding in Barcelona on October 30 for the repositioning cruise to Fort Lauderdale, I believe you are okay.

12 hours ago, johnnyswitzerland said:

At this point, Westerdam's first sailing is 22-Day South America and Antarctica departing San Antonio (Santiago), Chile January 5, 2022.  But the fact that they've canceled the first few South America sailings, plus the trip that's supposed to get Westerdam down to SA in the first place, doesn't bode well for the season.

I'm booked on the February 18, 2022 sailing so following closely as well.  If it's a no-go, would like to plan an alternative.  Based on the news, I'm thinking planning that alternative may be prudent regardless.

We're on that sailing too and since it's still 7 1/2 months away we're counting on HA having their act together by then with the SA cruises.

Around the horn is a bucket list trip for my wife so I guess I'll start looking for a backup cruise on another cruise line...just in case.

Edited by Oakman58

7 hours ago, Azllama said:

We are also booked for the Feb 18, 2022 on the Westerdam. This is our second try at this cruise, looks like we might being trying a 3rd time.....3rd time is a charm...right?

I fear you may be right, @Azllama.  Starting to think about alternatives but not giving up just yet.  Really hoping for the best for HAL and for South America.