Suite vs Haven

babba

Please excuse me if this topic has been addressed ... I am a little rusty trying to remember the various perks if one stays in a Suite opposed to the Haven ...

for a suite ...

1. is there butler and concierge service ?

2. Are suite guests entitled to breakfast and lunch in a speciality dining room ?

thank you in advance ...

Club Balcony Suites & Balconies

With dramatic, ever-changing views from your private balcony, you'll have a new perspective almost every day. And all of our Club Balcony Suites (previously known as Mini-Suites), Family Balcony or Balcony Staterooms feature comfy sitting areas, convertible and/or drop-down beds and plenty of storage space. So, if you're looking for an accommodation for two, a little more space for your family or the convenience of connecting staterooms, there's a choice that's right for you.

Club Balcony Suites provide additional amenities and privileges at no additional cost. Amenities include the option to pre-book onboard entertainment and dining as early as 125 days prior to sail date, complimentary treats delivered to your stateroom, a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine, and a choice of one valet laundry or pressing service.

Penthouse, suites and haven

Celebrate your arrival on board with a complimentary bottle of champagne or sparkling wine and let the stress of the real world float away. Each suite has been designed with style and comfort, along with a view that changes with every port we visit. Plus, you'll be pampered with a deluxe array of complimentary amenities and personal service from a butler and concierge that help create a vacation experience you'll never forget.

some of the smaller ships do not have a haven but have suites (ie spirit) so you get your breakfast and lunch in a specialty restaurant just for those in the suites (not balcony suites or mini suites!) but you have the services of a butler and concierge.

17 minutes ago, babba said:

Please excuse me if this topic has been addressed ... I am a little rusty trying to remember the various perks if one stays in a Suite opposed to the Haven ...

for a suite ...

2. Are suite guests entitled to breakfast and lunch in a speciality dining room ?

thank you in advance ...

Some ships, such as the Jewel class ships, have both Haven suites and non-Haven suites.  For those non-Haven suites, the answer to both of your questions is yes.   There was discussion a while back that such suites would no longer have butlers, but to date I have not seen any evidence of that to date.

This does NOT apply to "Club Balcony Suites" which are not really suites at all.

the major difference between a "suite" and a haven suite, (aside from the price), on a ship that has both, the haven gives you access to it's private bar, restaurant, pool area, and sundeck. the specific  cabins ae more or less identical.  i dont believe that the bar and pool  will justify the difference in price, as you can get a drink anywhere on board, and unless you plan on spending a whole lot of time on board, the private pool area probably wont be a game changer. but,  it is nice to get away from the crowds on a vessel that can accomodate over 4,000 people

you get all the other amenities with either type cabin.

pbenjamin is also correct, the perks are not included in  the club suites. these are just renamed mini suites, so if you want the butler, concierge, etc, dont book a club balcony suite. while these cabins are nice, roomy, and comfortable, they are not "suites"

i had always booked a mid ship mini suite, until we got an offer for a suite. if you book a haven, you may never be happy with a lesser category cabin again

• Like 3

There are differences between "suites and Havens" on different ships.  On the Jewel class ships, the suites are, IMO, every bit as good as the Haven suites.  The Haven suites on this class ship don't have the same Haven amenities such as, there own pool area, nor their own bar area or haven restaurant area.   

Sure the larger ships which are totally Haven areas with no separate suite and haven areas will be, IMO, superior to those on the smaller ships, the suites on the smaller ships still have a specialty restaurant available for breakfast and lunch and still have a butler and concierge service available.

Those in the "S" or suite designation are still able to get almost all of the Haven perks except those specific to the Haven area. For me, if I had a choice, I would be quite happy to book an "S" cabin considering the price difference. 

Cheers

We have booked a suite on the Gem.  We usually go Haven but with the ship going our under booked (first one out of Miami) there did not seem to be much difference in the suite.  We are also booked in a Haven suite on the Escape in January.  Big difference there!

1 hour ago, Sheshefran said:

We have booked a suite on the Gem.  We usually go Haven but with the ship going our under booked (first one out of Miami) there did not seem to be much difference in the suite.  We are also booked in a Haven suite on the Escape in January.  Big difference there!

We really enjoyed the S4 suite we had on the Jewel, so much that we booked the same suite on cruises on the Gem and the Jewel. Both of those cruises were cancelled. We are also booked in a Haven suite on the Escape in January. It will be a new experience. 

19 hours ago, babba said:

for a suite ...

2. Are suite guests entitled to breakfast and lunch in a specialty dining room ?

thank you in advance ...

There are different classes and combinations of ships with suites and Haven rooms. If there is a Haven, only Haven guests have access to the Haven complex. The Haven complex can be very simple (like on Jewel class ships) or very elaborate (like on big ships, especially the Bliss, Joy and Encore). 

1. Yes, both Suites and Haven get concierge and butler service (except for the Joy where suites where only concierge service is provided). 

2. Yes, both Suites and Haven guests have breakfast and lunch service (location depends on ship). 

Been in both.....an Aft Suite on the GEM (non-Haven), and Haven Suites on both -Away ships.

On the Jewel class ships (GEM, Jewel, Pearl, Jade) the suites (which are larger and generally nicer than other classes of cabins) have access to a Butler, a Concierge, and breakfast and/or lunch in the specialty restaurants.  While these ships do have a Haven area, it's a rather small pool with some loungers.  In addition, there is no Haven specific bar or Restaurant.  For my money, book a suite and forget about the Haven on these ships.

On the Epic,  -Away class and Breakaway Plus class, the Haven is an entire area, pools, lounges, restaurant bar, etc area, exclusive to the Haven Suites.  The Haven suites are in different areas of the ships, but all have access to the Haven.  They have exclusive use of a Butler(s) and the Concierge(s).  Unless you book one of the high end Haven Suites, their cabins are generally just a nice balcony cabin with a bigger bathroom (or in the case of the Haven Spa Suites, a jacuzzi in the bedroom).  Generally, these Haven areas offer a lot more than what is offered on the Jewel Class Haven areas.

• Like 1