Only 2 days in & already not a fan of Celebrity Flights

RTR 21-0

First time using them and perhaps the vet celebrity cruisers can tell me if I’m misunderstanding.  Booked premium economy on AA with Celebrity Saturday.  I know Celebrity only books refundable flights so I did a mock booking on AA today selecting premium flexible economy (which shows “changes refunds allowed”) and the price is $456 lower than my booked rate.  Called and they said their manifest showed Celebrity’s rate still lower.  After we agreed to disagree he went to the AA airline site and still said AA was more expensive and if I wanted to dispute it I need to send email to supervisors with a screenshot of what I’ve found.  

Before I send that email any help y’all can provide to clarify would be greatly appreciated.  TIA

I had the same issue with an AA fare and realize sometimes the price from Celebrity is more.  I guess you are paying for the convenience of not paying upfront.  If you want the cheaper price you may have to purchase it directly from AA. Celebrity doesn't advertise it's the cheapest just that if the fare (their fare) goes down you can adjust to the lower fare.  

• Thanks 2

Can't you just cancel the Celebrity Air and go direct to AA?    I'm sure it will come down to what fare's Celebrity has negotiated with the airline.  The one you are seeing on AA may not be available to Celebrity?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Covepointcruiser said:

You need to be an informed traveler.  If you want the current AA fare book through them and cancel Celebrity Air.    If there are no problems with delays for your cruise you should be okay.   

Thx for your feedback and I feel as though I am an informed traveler.  Was informed one thing and it’s not panning out the way I thought.  But yes I decided this morning I’ll watch AA and go with them when it drops a bit more.  Trip is a year away.  Flying in early and staying two days after so delays aren’t an issue.  Only reason I went with Celebrity was to defer that flight payment a little longer. 

There's a lot of ambiguous info in here.  X will book non-refundable fares, if you cancel you only receive an airline credit vs a cash refund.

As others have stated, you should be able to cancel the flight with X and rebook on AA on your own.  Or you could try to email the screenshots.

I currently have 5 cruises booked with Celebrity and after doing my due diligence can honestly say it’s a crap shoot.  Two flights I booked from Los Angeles to Fort Lauderdale thru Celebrity.  One fare was competitive with Expedia, Jet Blue, Travelocity etc., however the other flight I booked thru Celebrity and PAID $34. I don’t know if the stars in the heavens were aligned, the cruise Gods were smiling down on me, or someone knew I needed a cruise quick or I’d explode.  As stated earlier, check around, but try Celebrity as well, you could get lucky.  Happy sailing.

• Thanks 1