Do I have to call to redeem a Future Cruise Credit?

KKB

They applied mine to an already booked cruise. My PVP ensured me that it was impossible, but it happened. 

So the answer is supposed to be yes, but apparently not always. There is no way to use it online that I'm aware of. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ray985 said:

You can book your new cruise however you want. Then once it's booked, use the link below to submit it. I did it two weeks ago. It took them less than 24 hours to email me with confirmation of my $600 and applying the amount I paid to my new cruise. 

https://www.carnival.com/request-forms/reimbursement-form.aspx

Did you receive any type of immediate confirmation screen when you did it?  I did it twice last night, but it kept going back to the main page, but didn't say anything about "your request has been received" or anything like that.

2 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Did you receive any type of immediate confirmation screen when you did it?  I did it twice last night, but it kept going back to the main page, but didn't say anything about "your request has been received" or anything like that.

No immediate confirmation, it was very confusing that it was even accepted. Almost a full day later, I got an email titled "CCL Reimbursement Form" from Guest Admin that confirmed everything. It looks like it's just their customer service agents processing them, so it might take a bit more than 24 hours with all the sailings about ot start. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ray985 said:

No immediate confirmation, it was very confusing that it was even accepted. Almost a full day later, I got an email titled "CCL Reimbursement Form" from Guest Admin that confirmed everything. It looks like it's just their customer service agents processing them, so it might take a bit more than 24 hours with all the sailings about ot start. 

Thanks.  It was confusing to me as well.

I believe that form is only good if the same passengers are sailing.   If only one person of the original cruise is sailing, you need a sign off from that person to get the whole amount on the new cruise.   Each person on the original cruise got half of the FCC.

3 minutes ago, kleibo said:

I believe that form is only good if the same passengers are sailing.   If only one person of the original cruise is sailing, you need a sign off from that person to get the whole amount on the new cruise.   Each person on the original cruise got half of the FCC.

Wife and i booked dream on 5/11/20. After we paid cruise in full it was cancelled and we were offered FCC and $300 obc. I just booked breeze for 12/11/21 and trying to transfer FCC and obc to new booking.Now my other question is if i paid example:$1500 for cancelled cruise, shouldn't entire amount be transferred to new booking?

5 minutes ago, rob6465 said:

Wife and i booked dream on 5/11/20. After we paid cruise in full it was cancelled and we were offered FCC and $300 obc. I just booked breeze for 12/11/21 and trying to transfer FCC and obc to new booking.Now my other question is if i paid example:$1500 for cancelled cruise, shouldn't entire amount be transferred to new booking?

As far as I understand - yes, the entire 1500 should be transferred to the new booking.  If it's not working online, you should call.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, rob6465 said:

I ALSO did it twice this morning, but it kept going back to the main page, but didn't say anything about "your request has been received" or anything like that.

Mine did the same thing a couple of nights ago, but I received the confirmation email yesterday (roughly 36 hours after submission) giving the new booking information.  All the money paid had been transferred (including some that was listed under coupons and discounts that had been applied from a previous cruise) and the onboard credit was verified in the email.

Ugh sounds like a nightmare. I was the primary guest with DM & DD but DH & I may use it.

I'm looking at the form & it asks for the Ship & Date of the original sailing...uh, NOT SURE. It was late May 2020 our of Barcelona...