Specialty Dining Promotion - Best.Sale.Ever.

minnesotasisu

When we booked our cruise in January, 2021 for a 14 day cruise in Feb 2022 Princess Cruise was offering their Best.Sale.Ever. promotion which offered:

Free Wi-Fi

Premier Drink Package

Gratuities Paid

Stateroom Upgrade

Specialty Dining promotion

When I look through my travel summary I see the credits for the free wi-fi, drink package, and gratuities paid for a 14 day cruise BUT they only show one specialty dining offer for my wife and I. Now if I had booked a 7 day cruise we each would have got one specialty dining offer each so how come when we book a 14 day cruise they do not give us two specialty dining offers each? I called Princess Cruises but I don't think they could understand what I was trying to show them.

Does this make sense to you? If I had booked a 7 day cruise and the next day booked another 7 day cruise for the second leg of a trip I would have received two specialty dining offers but if I book the 14 day cruise at once I only get one specialty dining offer? It can't be just one per stateroom as the other charges are not listed that way.

1 minute ago, fluffybunny22 said:

To get 2 specialty dinners for free you would have needed to book a B2B so 2 7 day segments. If you booked as a 14 day segment you only get 1. I have an 11 night cruise and we only got 1 dinner.

our 14 day cruise is B2B. I can understand an 11 day cruise getting one but this is a B2B so I feel it should bet two

Edited by minnesotasisu
change

It's not like the mini bar that gets replenished each segment of the cruise regardless of how it's booked or the cruise credit that gets automagically applied whether you book as a B2B or a single booking.  In this case, if you book a single cruise you get a single specialty dinner. That's just how the promo works.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, minnesotasisu said:

our 14 day cruise is B2B. I can understand an 11 day cruise getting one but this is a B2B so I feel it should bet two

It is one specialty dining/pp/booking number. This is one reason we do the math to net out the benefits of two 7 day bookings vs, one 14 day booking.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, minnesotasisu said:

Next time, do the math and see whether you are farther ahead net-net between 2x 7-nights or 1x 14-night.  I always compare cruise fares for both options and also factor in our OBC's and other offer benefits to arrive at the best solution.  If it is even close, I will tend to book the B2B (assuming can snag same cabin), because there might be a price drop on one segment before final payment.

• Like 1

It is a bit weird that everything else worked out to include two of everything, like the Wi-FI, gratuities, drink package, and room upgrade for a B2B cruise. All of them were given and separated out for each week except the specialty dining promotion. I am planning on talking to the front desk people when onboard so I can show them the list in writing. It was hard to explain the the customer service rep over the phone. He didn't seem to have any concept of what I was trying to explain.

12 hours ago, minnesotasisu said:

It is a bit weird that everything else worked out to include two of everything, like the Wi-FI, gratuities, drink package, and room upgrade for a B2B cruise. All of them were given and separated out for each week except the specialty dining promotion. I am planning on talking to the front desk people when onboard so I can show them the list in writing. It was hard to explain the the customer service rep over the phone. He didn't seem to have any concept of what I was trying to explain.

Since it is one specialty dining for each booking, I do not think you will get far with this on the ship as they can see you have just one booking that covers the two segments.

The other items you list (Wi-FI, gratuities, drink package, and room upgrade) are also for one booking, which in your case is a two week single booking.

• Like 1

Agree with caribill. It is one of each benefit, not two, per booking. In your case that is one wi-fi, one gratuities, one drink package and one specialty dining for the entire 14 days.

Edited by skynight
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, minnesotasisu said:

@caribill and @skynight are both 100% correct.  IDK why you think the other items are somehow doubled up.  You get Wifi for the length of the voyage, along with crew incentive, drink package and the cabin.  You booked a single 14- night voyage.  Yes, it is also sold as two 7-night voyages and you could have done that to create a 14-night logical voyage.  As I mentioned the other day, next time check the pricing, including any benefits and see which makes sense for you.  If the 14-night voyage pricing happened to be $50-$60 less than booking two 7-night voyages, you are in the same financial position since the value of two Specialty Dining covers is about $50 - $58. 

Also, since you are not yet to final payment date, you can always check the prices and cabin availability and change your booking to get that extra free dinner.

Minnesotasisu -- please indicate weather you have one or two booking numbers (confirmation #).  I assume from your post you only have one booking number.

I agree with the other comments stated above --  if you have one (1) booking number (confirmation #)  -- talking to the purser office (front desk) onboard will not be successful.  This benefit is per booking as Trak, skynight & caribill have stated.  Check the sail fare, benefits plus all options before you book.