Refunds of excursions, extra specialty restaurant days & spa pass

LADinCT

If the cruise doesn’t sail or I have to use my insurance & cancel. Are excursions, weekly spa pass & extra specialty dining refundable? I’d hate to wait until 60 days out to book everything but I don’t want to lose $$.

If the cruise is cancelled by  your or NCL prior to final payment, NCL will automatically refund all fees. If it's after final payment, insurance will only come into play if NCL refuses to refund in any form (this includes FCCs) for the base fare.  Fees for excursions, taxes and any other charges incurred like spa extras will still be refunded. 

1 hour ago, saltsandknit said:

When my initial Gem Cruise from the Dominican Republic was canceled all my shore excursions and upgrades were refunded to the card I purchased them on. I don't know about insurance I have never had to use it.

Can you tell us about how long it took for the credit to show up on your credit card?

10 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Can you tell us about how long it took for the credit to show up on your credit card?

It seems to depend.  I am waiting for a refund of my deposit for a canceled Oceania cruise.  I'm at day 45 and still waiting...   

• Like 1

We had booked a Cabana at GSC, (cruise is next year) but decided to upgrade to an Ocean Villa.

It's been over two weeks since we made the change, but the refund for the smaller amount still has not been returned to our CC.  (NCL said it would be about 7 business days.  Perhaps, like so many other businesses, they are dealing with employee shortages.)

I came back to say that Bank of America posted the refund to our CC overnight!

Edited by ggTexasGal
updated status of refund!

13 hours ago, LADinCT said:

If the cruise doesn’t sail or I have to use my insurance & cancel. Are excursions, weekly spa pass & extra specialty dining refundable? I’d hate to wait until 60 days out to book everything but I don’t want to lose $$.

Yes. No matter what the reason for cancellation, excursions, weekly spa pass & extra specialty dining is refundable to the original form of payment. Port charges and taxes are also refundable. The only think that is not refundable is the cruise fare. 

Through the end of the year, you cancel for a for full refund of the cruise fare to original form of payment up to 60 days prior to cruise. 

Between 60 days and 15 days, NCL will give you a refund of the cruise fare in the form of a FCC. 

The only time that a third-party insurance would be used is if you cancelled less than 15 days prior to cruise. And a third-party insurance would require that cancellation be for a covered reason. If you have NCL insurance, NCL will provide a 75% FCC if you cancel for a non-covered reason less than 15 days prior to cruise. 

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/book-with-confidence?intcmp=pdt_sl_PEACEOFMIND

image.png.750af9f9fd4962e218aff642e37af697.png

3 hours ago, saltsandknit said:

Surprisingly the refunds were very quick 6 days for cruise deposits about 11 days for shore excursions. The cruise first certificate took about 2 weeks. 

Just checked our card this morning....and there it was!   It was dated June 30, but took until early this morning to process to our card.   Our CruiseNext certificates were back in our account 2 days after NCL cancelled our cruise on June 23rd.         

Vast improvement over the time it took after our first cancellation back in early 2020.   At that time it took a couple of months to get my CN certs back.   I'm hopeful that we have seen our last cancellation.