Tell me about the Sunset Suite

Jim_Iain

I was looking today at various cruises and I came across a "Sunset Suite" on Silhouette -    Actually priced about $200 more than a Celebrity Suite on a cruise was looking at.    Originally it was a "Sky Suite" but from the pictures on Celebrity site looks like they may have combined two cabins as this has a separate bedroom.     Any opinions -   I had never heard of it before....

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg?ch_ck=15841083

The Sunset verandas were to be created out of the FVs.  As far as I know this decision occurred after the Millie, Summit, Equinox and I think the Silhouette were revolutionized .  We were booked in one for a cruise on the Eclipse after it’s scheduled revolutionizing, which didn’t happen.  To my knowledge no ship currently has these suites.

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

The Sunset verandas were to be created out of the FVs.  As far as I know this decision occurred after the Millie, Summit, Equinox and I think the Silhouette were revolutionized .  We were booked in one for a cruise on the Eclipse after it’s scheduled revolutionizing, which didn’t happen.  To my knowledge no ship currently has these suites.

I believe Silhouette has these suites 😁

• Like 3

@Jim_Iain they are the converted FVs at the front of the ship on Silly with two forward facing windows. The balcony however seems small for a suite. It is just below the bridge arm

On the m class ships that have them the FVs were at the aft with extra large balconies so justifiably one up from a CS but on the Silly due to the smaller balcony it seems they should be below a CS despite the two room layout. 

Personnally I would only consider them on the Revolutionised m class ships. 

• Like 1

We had one on the Silhouette when it was a family suite, where it had two separate bedrooms and the sitting area. It’s a lovely space but as said, the balcony is very small in comparison, only about the size of a veranda balcony. The other thing to beware of, is that as it is at the front, when we docked you could hear the clanking of the ropes / anchor being lowered, which if it was an early arrival would wake you up.

There was a thread on this a little while ago. They are indeed converted FVs, but when they were they had a second bedroom with bunk beds. This has been converted to a walk in closet. The balcony is small for a suite, but the one on deck 8 is twice the size of deck 7. The bedroom on 8 IIRC of the FV is larger too because of the way the hull slopes at the front.  Also with mentioning. The bathroom is a standard size and the same as any non-suite cabin. 

I've only been in one when they were an FV. Nice cabin with an interesting view, but not sure if they are suite material. Celebrity are obviously keen to increase the revenue. And as has been mentioned already, you'll hear the anchor chain and docking noises. 

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden

One came up for our upcoming cruise on the Silhouette and we debated whether to upgrade from the sky suite we had already booked. In the end a CS came up so we went for that instead. I’ve had a cabin right at the front once before and I much prefer being either mid ship or aft., it’s less noisy and if you’ve ever experienced a cabin with a balcony that is front facing… 🙈 I realise these cabin balconies are side on though. Swings and roundabouts though, more vibration often aft but it’s each to their own. 🤷‍♀️  It looks a good sized suite though and has the advantage of having a dining table as well for anyone that likes the occasional dinner in their cabin. I think it will suit some folk very well. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jelayne said:

They have them open for booking on Silhouette.      Surprised me as they are more expensive than an Celebrity suite and nearly 2x the price of a Sky Suite.    The picture below is the October 2021 TA.   I just did a mock booking and they appear to be the Family Suites  that are forward -- hmmm  why do they call them a sunset suite   I was thinking they were the ones at the Aft

image.png.8e6a283fc59b618bfc955ebee25f0a39.png

image.thumb.png.614ea7698aeda071b2c7df3bb7184c84.png

When we booked one on the Eclipse it was priced considerably above a CS got tge same 12 CC points as a CS and no additional perks.  We only chose it because it was the only suite available.   Of the pandemic hit, revolutionizing was put on hold and ultimately the cruise was cancelled.

• Like 1