Carnival Vista out of Galveston

mkr9

Excited to book a cruise again! YAY!

Normally, I can pick the room location when booking online...but that option does not seem available.

Any ideas why?

Thanks in advance

You may have clicked on an option displayed for a rate that is for a guaranteed cabin. Either go back, or see if there's an option to view details, which might let you pick a different rate that allows you to pick your cabin. 

46 minutes ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

You may have clicked on an option displayed for a rate that is for a guaranteed cabin. Either go back, or see if there's an option to view details, which might let you pick a different rate that allows you to pick your cabin. 

Agree sounds like fun saver rate perhaps which are gtys

Just keep clicking options. You can still pick your cabin location. This is a scam Carnival uses to fill the worse cabins on the ship to people that do not know what they are doing. On the bright side you might save a few dollars if you fall for their con.

10 hours ago, mexicobob said:

Just keep clicking options. You can still pick your cabin location. This is a scam Carnival uses to fill the worse cabins on the ship to people that do not know what they are doing. On the bright side you might save a few dollars if you fall for their con.

Certainly your opinion but there are plenty of times a GTY cabin is absolutely fine and can save a traveler significant money.  We've done it several times always ending up with perfectly nice rooms.  There's cabin classes where I'd never consider it and there's ships/classes where you'll know almost precisely what you'll get.  Oh, and I assure you, we know exactly what we are doing after many, many cruises.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, jsglow said:

Certainly your opinion but there are plenty of times a GTY cabin is absolutely fine and can save a traveler significant money.  We've done it several times always ending up with perfectly nice rooms.  There's cabin classes where I'd never consider it and there's ships/classes where you'll know almost precisely what you'll get.  Oh, and I assure you, we know exactly what we are doing after many, many cruises.

Once, I added B2B leg on a cruise, but because it was so late, I had to take a guaranteed room.  But, Carnival ended up assigning me the room I was already in!  That's one of the reasons I like Carnival so much.  Other cruise lines may do that too, but Carnival did it for me.

• Like 2

Perhaps I was too harsh in my criticism of GTY cabins. Apologize. However, glad someone else has had better luck than me and others I know with booking this type of cabin. Usually, there has been nothing wrong with the cabin................just very loud noise coming from above for one reason or another mainly at night or in the very early morning. 

• Like 1