Unexpected phone call

kochleffel

I received an unexpected phone call from NCL just now. It wasn't from my PCC.

The caller mentioned my current bookings and asked if I had any questions. I suspect that he meant questions about health and safety, but I replied that my only question was about the entertainment, since the shows in the first cruise aren't available for booking even though it within the time period to book them. He said that they don't have any information yet.

My real question, which I knew he wouldn't be able to answer, was whether the cruise will take place at all, as it's to Bermuda, which has health requirements that are a bit difficult to meet. The difficult part is the date of pre-arrival covid testing, because the ship won't arrive at Bermuda until day 3 and if you travel to the embarkation port a day in advance, as I will, it seems to be necessary to to get a molecular test on the day of leaving for the port, if not actually right before boarding.

It will depend upon the agreements that NCL has with Bermuda. 

For example, RCCL has made arrangements that allow US origin ships to call in the Bahamas without having every passenger apply for a Bahamas Health Visa and buy Bahamas COVID insurance (which anyone else going the the Bahamas requires). For RCCL cruises originating in the Bahamas, RCCL has made arrangements with the Bahamas to use the onboard disembarkation tests to satisfy the 5-day test rule required of some passengers. All of this is not consistent with the Bahamas COVID requirements for foreign visitors, but based on agreements made between the cruise line and the health officials in the ports of call (Nassau, Freeport). 

3 hours ago, kochleffel said:

I received an unexpected phone call from NCL just now. It wasn't from my PCC.

The caller mentioned my current bookings and asked if I had any questions. I suspect that he meant questions about health and safety, but I replied that my only question was about the entertainment, since the shows in the first cruise aren't available for booking even though it within the time period to book them. He said that they don't have any information yet.

I received a similar call yesterday. May I ask, did they confirm with you, account info (name , address, latitude number) prior to telling you that your latitude account had X number of cruises to X destinations? 

I received a call yesterday asking me if I needed any help with my booking of cruises, however, they did not confirm my name, address. nor latitude member #.  

I shared only general information so, to me, they seemed like (as my phone indicated) that the caller was either scam or fraud caller.  

Just something to be aware of, IMO. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trimone said:

It’s always great to find a house is empty in advance of robbing it? I always tell people no to use social media for the same reason 

That's why obituaries never include the deceased persons house address. Far too many burglaries occurred while the homes occupants were at the funeral.

I would be concerned about the call as well being a hoax.  I would kindly tell them if I had any issues, concerns, or questions I would be dealing directly with my NCL rep via phone or direct email.  But I am always overly cautious of unexpected phone calls. 

1 hour ago, cruiserbear55 said:

That's why obituaries never include the deceased persons house address. Far too many burglaries occurred while the homes occupants were at the funeral.

Off topic, but I had never thought about that before until our next door neighbor's (town fire chief) father passed away.  A manned patrol car sat in his driveway during the wake and funeral.

I did check with NCL and the number which came up on my phone was from their telemarketing team. The part that seems really strange to me is that this person didn't confirm any of my information, just that they thought I was having a problem booking a cruise.  

The rep said that she would send me her contact information but once she realized that I had solved the problem myself she never bothered to send me any of her info.  That actually did make me wonder which is why I contacted NCL. 

Edited by All-ready2cruise

16 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

It will depend upon the agreements that NCL has with Bermuda. 

For example, RCCL has made arrangements that allow US origin ships to call in the Bahamas without having every passenger apply for a Bahamas Health Visa and buy Bahamas COVID insurance (which anyone else going the the Bahamas requires). For RCCL cruises originating in the Bahamas, RCCL has made arrangements with the Bahamas to use the onboard disembarkation tests to satisfy the 5-day test rule required of some passengers. All of this is not consistent with the Bahamas COVID requirements for foreign visitors, but based on agreements made between the cruise line and the health officials in the ports of call (Nassau, Freeport). 

Thanks. I didn't ask about that -- I figured that if they had anything to say, they would say it.

The caller did not cite my Latitudes number or number of points, but no caller from NCL has ever done that (my PCC calls occasionally). I have never posted my surname on these boards or any public boards, so while my phone number it listed, it would be hard to look up.

In any case, I provided no information, and none was asked for. If any had been, I would have hung up and immediately called NCL.

• Like 1