Princess postponed full payment due date by 1 month

PRNole47

Not sure when they did this because I hadn't been to their website in a few days but PCL just put off my payment due date from this Sunday 7/11 to 8/10/21 for my October 9 cruise.  Good, because I was just going to email my TA and ask that unless PCL was guaranteeing they would sail out of San Pedro on Oct 9, I was going to cancel the cruise before my due date this Sunday so I would only have to chase them for the deposit refund and not the entire cruise payment. 

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, smaheu11 said:

Hummmm

i wonder if my December cruise got a final payment extension?

My March 2022 cruise payment is due December 2021 and it still is. No extension there 

look at your booking in the Personalizer Payments button 

17 minutes ago, smaheu11 said:

Hummmm

Not yet.  So far the policy says that it's only for dates through October cruises.  https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cancellation-final-payment-policy/

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Thanks 1

It's been their policy for a long time for final payment only  60 days before it wasn't an extension

We don't think finances should affect decisions about your health, so if you feel ill and need to change your plans, we'll protect your cruise investment. Under our temporary Book with Confidence policy, we’ve taken the worry out of booking your next cruise:

• Cancel up to 30 days before you sail, and get your cancellation fees back as a Future Cruise Credit1.
    • Applies to bookings made through September 30, 2021.
    • Applies to voyages departing through December 31, 2021.
  • NEW: Within 30 days of your sail date, we've got you covered with our new COVID-19 Protection Program.
  • Final Payment has been moved to 60-days prior to sailing.
    • Applies to voyages departing through October 31, 2021.
Edited by cruzsnooze
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, smaheu11 said:

Hummmm

My Dec 4 cruise final payment date is still the original Sep 5. No change there. Only change was my Oct 9 cruise final payment date as noted above.

5 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

It's been their policy for a long time for final payment only  60 days before it wasn't an extension

We don't think finances should affect decisions about your health, so if you feel ill and need to change your plans, we'll protect your cruise investment. Under our temporary Book with Confidence policy, we’ve taken the worry out of booking your next cruise:

• Cancel up to 30 days before you sail, and get your cancellation fees back as a Future Cruise Credit1.
    • Applies to bookings made through September 30, 2021.
    • Applies to voyages departing through December 31, 2021.
  • NEW: Within 30 days of your sail date, we've got you covered with our new COVID-19 Protection Program.
  • Final Payment has been moved to 60-days prior to sailing.
    • Applies to voyages departing through October 31, 2021.

Sorry to disagree....but I have been 'thinking' about a California coastal in October.

I have been watching how it fills -- or not -- 

Prior to today, the final payment date was July 25th, so I was hoping there might be a price decrease.

As of today, it changed to August 25th.

IF people booked early, they may have had 60  days, but if you hadn't booked before a couple of months ago, the final payment date was in July.

Thanks for the heads up!!  We are on B2B on 10/6 & 10/9 and I was getting ready to make final payment.  Interesting that Princess did not let us know the FP date was pushed out. 

Really hoping these cruises go - when will California commit to opening the ports?

We just received an email this week telling us if we didn’t make our final payment in July, our cruise would be cancelled… and now given this I just double checked the booking and yep, payment pushed out to August! I’ll be waiting to pay for sure! Spa reservations are still not available for this cruise. Makes me wonder if they still think it may not happen. We can’t book our arrival group either.