How are you applying the gift cards to your booking?

luvavacation

I have purchased a couple of gift cards, and now I would like to apply them to my booking.  How?  Is calling the only way to add it to my booking? I have tried to enter gift cards through my TA portal and it keeps coming up as being an invalid card (but when I go to the gift card website and check the balance, the full balance is listed on the card).  I can not enter it on the Medallion app.   Is calling how everyone else has applied their gift cards? If so, is there a phone number for Princess that is open on Sundays (if so, I am not finding it!)?  

Just now, luvavacation said:

I have purchased a couple of gift cards, and now I would like to apply them to my booking.  How?  Is calling the only way to add it to my booking? I have tried to enter gift cards through my TA portal and it keeps coming up as being an invalid card (but when I go to the gift card website and check the balance, the full balance is listed on the card).  I can not enter it on the Medallion app.   Is calling how everyone else has applied their gift cards? If so, is there a phone number for Princess that is open on Sundays (if so, I am not finding it!)?  

You have to call. I applied mine to excursions for Europe 2022.

it’s the normal princess number

1800-774-6237

2 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

You have to call. I applied mine to excursions for Europe 2022.

it’s the normal princess number

1800-774-6237

Thanks. That is the number I tried. Unfortunately closed on Sundays.  Tomorrow is another day I suppose.  

1 minute ago, CineGraphic said:

If you used a travel agent, they can call and have them applied as well.

I am also the TA.  The gift card is not entering on the TA site, just comes up as errors.  The TA phone number is also closed on Sunday, but I thought perhaps all the savvy Princess cruisers here had some other number I wasn't finding, or a way to apply the gift cards without having to bother the agents at Princess.  I suppose they are just closed on Sundays, and the website is not cooperating for TA's or personal use. 

Just now, luvavacation said:

I am also the TA.  The gift card is not entering on the TA site, just comes up as errors.  The TA phone number is also closed on Sunday, but I thought perhaps all the savvy Princess cruisers here had some other number I wasn't finding, or a way to apply the gift cards without having to bother the agents at Princess.  I suppose they are just closed on Sundays, and the website is not cooperating for TA's or personal use. 

My TA told me that he has to call it in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, luvavacation said:

I have applied $1000’s of GC and always had to call the main line.

i have used the Gift Card site  to see the funds on a particular card but it’s only good for balance inquiries. 

• Like 1

I am working with a TA, therefore do not have direct contact with Princess.  She has spent Friday and Saturday on long holds trying to apply my credits.  My cruise is coming up, but still have time so not worried.  

Bonus cards will be used first.  Then FCC (Future Cruise Credits).  Gift cards will pay off balances for future cruises.  

Edited by cr8tiv1

16 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

I booked direct with Princess and have been able to add my gift cards to

our bookings.   Log into my Princess account and go to payments and add them there.  

If this works, that’s amazing! I recently spent 30 mins adding cards through an operator and asked if there was an easier way and was told , no. 

Edited by Jadn13

19 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

If this works, that’s amazing! I recently spent 30 mins adding cards through an operator and asked if there was an easier way and was told , no. 

I understand about the TA bookings but Princess bookings should be no issues.  Prior to purchasing I emailed my PVP and she said go ahead and sprinkle them around my bookings.   I purchased $8K and have utilized all the bonus cards and all but $1K of gift cards.  Saving them in case I find something I want to book before I can replenish FCD in October.  

4F17737D-DA5B-4389-9201-12D1327D591D.png

• Like 2

Added a 500 dollar gift card to my account under payments using Princess.com  last night without any problem.  Just looked and it shows the credit.  Also just checked the app and there is not a place to add a gift card.

Edited by franktown
add
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kiwimum said:

I understand about the TA bookings but Princess bookings should be no issues.  Prior to purchasing I emailed my PVP and she said go ahead and sprinkle them around my bookings.   I purchased $8K and have utilized all the bonus cards and all but $1K of gift cards.  Saving them in case I find something I want to book before I can replenish FCD in October.  

4F17737D-DA5B-4389-9201-12D1327D591D.png

Thats how I often do it but this time I sent a screenshot to my PVP to buy internet, add 30 OBC, put the rest as pymt on account. So I guess anything a PVP can do a TA can do. I just want those bonus ones used up ASAP

She said I could buy internet & OBC but surprise surprise! I can't / she can 

17 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I forget.  Was Princess PVP charging you $10/day flat rate, regardless of voyage length and then giving you a $5/day non-ref OBC?

Yes. Which is fine. I would have preferred free internet + loyalty obc but that's not happening.  I just got three $50 bonus cards. So I bought 30 obc + 70 internet for Alaska, getting 35 obc rebated in August.  Bought 50 obc + 100 internet for Panama, getting 50 rebated in December.

This is what August looks like online. Note that the per diem charge is for 2- 30 days. No idea what the charge is for 31+ days:

Screenshot_20210711-160933_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6a48e1309b196fa7fb40fbb401b523d8.jpg

And in the Travel Summary:Screenshot_20210711-161211_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9a8a17a4fbf4315bf83a83531569d53f.jpg

Edited by Ombud
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

Yes. ...............................................

This is what August looks like online. Note that the per diem charge is for 2- 30 days. No idea what the charge is for 31+ days:

Screenshot_20210711-160933_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6a48e1309b196fa7fb40fbb401b523d8.jpg

So, this appears to be new price plan.  It represents a significant price increase for voyages over 15 nights as there used to be a flat price for 15 - 30 nights.  So, the price just keeps on going up and up.  The on-board price was $150 pre-Covid and we got 25% off that.  But the price did not change again until 31+ days. 

<darn, I hit SAVE by accident and wasn't finished>

At 31+ days, the price was $200 flat on-board and we got 25% off that.  It was $180 pre-cruise in the Personalizer.  The 15-30 was $150 in the Personalizer.

Who knows what it is after 30 days.  I suspect a lower per day price for longer voyages.

ETA - We have a 25-night B2B2B booked for 2022.  Under the old scheme, I would want the Internet Cafe Mgr to setup a full-voyage plan for 25-nights at $150, less my discount (they used to do this).  Now - I would want to use the old scheme for individual voyages.  But, if the above price plan is it, the internet cost jumps to $250 (25 nights @ $10 per).  After 50% off, I pay $125. 

In the old scheme, I would have paid 75% of the $150 or $112.50.  So, that big increase in the discount is going to give us nothing as it will cost slightly more due to the $10 flat rate per day.

The "hurt zone" are those voyages in the 20's to 30 nights because Princess used to have a flat rate from 15-30.  Guess we'll just stay tuned to see if anything more is announced in pricing.

Edited by Steelers36

7 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

So, this appears to be new price plan.  It represents a significant price increase for voyages over 15 nights as there used to be a flat price for 15 - 30 nights.  So, the price just keeps on going up and up.  The on-board price was $150 pre-Covid and we got 25% off that.  But the price did not change again until 31+ days. 

<darn, I hit SAVE by accident and wasn't finished>

At 31+ days, the price was $200 flat on-board and we got 25% off that.  It was $180 pre-cruise in the Personalizer.  The 15-30 was $150 in the Personalizer.

Who knows what it is after 30 days.  I suspect a lower per day price for longer voyages.

Old price per your post: 150 - 25% = 112.50

New price for Elites:

15 days × 10 (I don't do 99c) = 150 - 50% = 75

30 days × 10 = 300 - 50% = 150

Less expensive 15-22 days, more expensive after that. I'm okay. I can't afford more than 15-18 days.

• Like 1