LIVE - Adventure of the Seas - July 17, 2021

31 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

the creme brûlée was an 11/10 forks!

I'm a big crème brûlée fan.  Royal's crème brûlée for me has been anywhere from 11 forks to 2 forks.  I've had it where it's perfect, and I've had it where it was almost liquid under a very hard crust.  I always try it, but I have no idea what I'm going to get.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

That's always our #1....have you ever tried it with the salmon.  I'm really not much of a salmon lover but I liked it with the hollandaise...also love all the appetizers with salmon in DL

Sometimes... on Celebrity at the Oceanview cafe.... I have them make salmon Benedict... but I give them the english muffin..with cream cheese, onion and capers... so that they can place the poached eggs and hollandaise. The Cheesecake Factory used to offer this... but discontinued a few years ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Did they have Four Roses by any chance?

Nice...I see you enjoy the brown water as much as I do...lol.  September being National Bourbon Heritage month I participated last year in 30 days of Bourbon.  I sipped on a different bourbon each day of the month.  This year will be interesting because I will be at sea for a week and not have access to my home stash...hopefully there's at least 5 different bourbons on board and I can stop at a bar during our two port days...🛳️🥃🚢

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Darkingnj said:

Nice...I see you enjoy the brown water as much as I do...lol.

Yes I am a bourbon snob. Getting my collection at home bigger. Still hoping one day to score some Pappy. Here is a shot of the latest drink menu that has their list of bourbon and whiskey. Four Roses is not on the list even though I found it on Harmony in 2019. Even though it say's Templeton it was hard to find onboard also.

WHISKEY BOURBON RCC 2021.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes I am a bourbon snob. Getting my collection at home bigger. Still hoping one day to score some Pappy. Here is a shot of the latest drink menu that has their list of bourbon and whiskey. Four Roses is not on the list even though I found it on Harmony in 2019. Even though it say's Templeton it was hard to find onboard also.

WHISKEY BOURBON RCC 2021.jpg

Sea Dog, thanks for sharing the menu...While I love rye, maybe a little more than bourbon, the requirements for the 30 day challenge is bourbon.  From this menu I could satisfy three of the days with BT, Bulleit and MM.  Maybe one day I'll get lucky and find a bottle of Pappy at retail or close to it...I refuse to pay secondary for it with all of the great non-allocated bourbon's out there.

• Like 2

We are on Adventure in August.... and I was really looking forward to trying some of the various beverages shown.... but and this is a big but. I just found out that I need to be on a blood thinner... and ...importantly... drinking alcohol is apparently bad..  I believe they say no more than 2 standard alcoholic beverages a day... bummer.

Any ideas on either low alcohol or virgin alcohol beverages on AOS... Now this just might not be the best group to ask about low alcohol...but since some are on the ship...  Any ideas... I hope I can do better and a couple of white wine spritzers.  

9 minutes ago, Darkingnj said:

.I refuse to pay secondary for it with all of the great non-allocated bourbon's out there.

Totally agree. There is so much good stuff out there that you should never pay anything above MSRP.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kearney said:

Any ideas on either low alcohol or virgin alcohol beverages on AOS... Now this just might not be the best group to ask about low alcohol...but since some are on the ship...  Any ideas... I hope I can do better and a couple of white wine spritzers.  

The virgin strawberry daiquiris taste exactly like you’d expect them to. 

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Darkingnj said:

find a bottle of Pappy

My SIL's dad had a bottle of the Bourbon where the distillery burned down (might have been Heaven Hill) and they were only able to save a couple cases, and supposedly this Bourbon was the Cat's Meow....like $100 a bottle or something....he used to be a prominent attorney in Houston.  Tasted like Roundup or maybe Pinesol!  Isch....I'll never understand how you drink the stuff!

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, kearney said:

We are on Adventure in August.... and I was really looking forward to trying some of the various beverages shown.... but and this is a big but. I just found out that I need to be on a blood thinner... and ...importantly... drinking alcohol is apparently bad..  I believe they say no more than 2 standard alcoholic beverages a day... bummer.

Almost all of the frozen drinks can be made without alcohol. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Really, I'm on Eliquis.....you mean I can only have 2 per day...no one ever told me that🤣

You might google it... i just started Eliquis... I probably would have waited a month before doing so...but my apple watch alerted me to Afib episode lasting 3 days..which kinda freaked me out..so I decided to go ahead... they essentially warn against binging... which..well.. that is kinda what cruising is all about...

1 hour ago, Darkingnj said:

Nice...I see you enjoy the brown water as much as I do...lol.  September being National Bourbon Heritage month I participated last year in 30 days of Bourbon.  I sipped on a different bourbon each day of the month.  This year will be interesting because I will be at sea for a week and not have access to my home stash...hopefully there's at least 5 different bourbons on board and I can stop at a bar during our two port days...🛳️🥃🚢

Have you tried Jefferson's Ocean bourbon? That bourbon probably has more sea time than everybody on this thread combined! I think I posted a link to their web site earlier on this thread. I highly recommend it!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

..I'll never understand how you drink the stuff!

Like most things it's an acquired taste. It's something you sip and not drink. I do it over ice but the purists do it "neat" without ice.