Seat selection cost

kevboy

I have booked premium economy flights for my Britannia Caribbean cruise.  Can anyone please tell me what further charge is involved in wanting particular seats and when will they be bookable.

thank you

Hi Kevboy,

We last cruised with P & 0 in the Caribbean In Feb 2020.;

Things may have changed since then but I think we paid £35 pp each way to select seats. They were available to book 14 weeks before the cruise. To upgrade it was, I think £175 return for each of us. We didn’t opt for that, however, but I believe they were sold out pretty quickly.

I hope this helps.

2 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

Hi Kevboy,

We last cruised with P & 0 in the Caribbean In Feb 2020.;

Things may have changed since then but I think we paid £35 pp each way to select seats. They were available to book 14 weeks before the cruise. To upgrade it was, I think £175 return for each of us. We didn’t opt for that, however, but I believe they were sold out pretty quickly.

I hope this helps.

£175 pp return for an upgrade to PE is an absolute bargain! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, kevboy said:

I have booked premium economy flights for my Britannia Caribbean cruise.  Can anyone please tell me what further charge is involved in wanting particular seats and when will they be bookable.

thank you

Last time for us was November 2017. PE seats were £349 each. Seats reserved with TUI 14 weeks before the flight at a cost of £40 each. DW was tempted to pay another £40 to sit somewhere else, but I talked her around. Hope this helps, but I am a bit jealous.🤣

11 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

Zapp, I wasn’t sure whether the £175 was each, each way.

£349 each seat, return. IE £698 total for 2. IMHO well worth it, but I believe TUI economy isn't too bad. Advantage with PE is the seats are at the front, so you land at Barbados first.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

£349 each seat, return. IE £698 total for 2. IMHO well worth it, but I believe TUI economy isn't too bad. Advantage with PE is the seats are at the front, so you land at Barbados first.

I think it’s a bit steep for what you get extra. Do you know if the food/drink is dictated by the airline or P&O? I know sometimes Virgin are used, and their PE is amazing by comparison.

38 minutes ago, Glitterati said:

I think it’s a bit steep for what you get extra. Do you know if the food/drink is dictated by the airline or P&O? I know sometimes Virgin are used, and their PE is amazing by comparison.

At the time TUI or Thomas Cook were used. We have travelled with both and TUI were best. I think the food is TUI's choice. We have used Virgin, BA and Air Canada PE and prefer TUI in the B787 dreamliner. £350 for PE is a good deal for us.

Edited by zap99

43 minutes ago, Glitterati said:

Don't  forget that a large part  of the outbound cost (£180  in fact) goes to the government as APD.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2021 at 5:13 PM, zap99 said:

think you will find those people at the rear of the plane land first😀..........however those up front do get to disembark first

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Castle25 said:

think you will find those people at the rear of the plane land first😀..........however those up front do get to disembark first

Depends on the pilot - they may decide to try a greaser landing and get it wrong!

• Like 1

We have always travelled PE on long haul because it means I get a seat that allows my long legs to be comfortable. I put up with it for short haul but anything over 4 hours is just really uncomfortable. In addition the service is better. We are booked for Feb 23 on Britannia Caribbean but I don't think we can book the seats until P&O have decided on the flights. There is no additional cost to pick your seat once you have payed for the PE seats

Peter and Jenny

5 hours ago, Zombatar said:

There is no additional cost to pick your seat once you have payed for the PE seats

I was told you still have to pay the £35 pp per sector (£140) even after paying the £400 for the PE seat

31 minutes ago, Castle25 said:

I was told you still have to pay the £35 pp per sector (£140) even after paying the £400 for the PE seat

If you book a TUI holiday long haul on a TUI aircraft, I believe seat selection and lounge are included. With a P&O TUI charter, I believe you pay for both.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi

We are booked for November 6 from Manchester. Flight details are not available on our personaliser which we just checked as we have booked our excursions.

Awaiting details of covid testing requirements at ports, but guess they can’t say anything until nearer the time

Hi

We too are waiting for flight details for our December departure. Spoke to our TA who confirmed the flight details haven‘t been released yet. I explained we are a bit concerned as our daughter‘s 7 night cruise departing on the same date but returning from St Lucia was cancelled a few weeks ago as P&O either couldn‘t sort flights or charter planes she was told. Has anyone had their flight details confirmed for the Caribbean season? 

Feeling a bit uneasy about our 4th December Caribbean cruise on Britannia too. We have five cruises booked with P & O. Earlier I received 4 e-mails from P&O about countdown to our cruises. The Caribbean one was included!!!!!! 

1 hour ago, Jennizor said:

Sorry, not included.

I had 2 countdown emails with both of my Caribbean cruises- 1 Azura and 1 Britannia in 2021/2022. I got worried as one of mine wasn’t showing, but gmail has just grouped all the emails together