This why cruise ships should not allow any unvaccinated adult onboard any ship.

terrydtx

3 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

The company you have a Medicare Supplement Plan from is not what governs the benefits, it's which lettered Plan you have.  Each lettered Medicare Supplement Plan has the same benefits nationwide; this is mandated by federal law. 

Yes, and supplement plans are to be distinguished form Medicare Advantage plans. For the Advantage plans, examine your documents or call for clarification about how foreign travel is covered.

10 minutes ago, Crusin till Im Dead said:

Thanks to all, I know this was a topic diversion, but appreciate the 'Heads Up'.
Yes, I have United Healthcare, but signed up for it without checking the Travel aspects, as Cruising was out of the question (..waaaay back in Dec/Jan).

I'm still gun-shy of booking, as I want too much?
a) 100% vaccinated cruise
b) Leave my buffet alone... (I'm flexible, if they want to serve me, fine)
c)  Can I simply get off the ship in port, to do as I please?
d)  Are the ports / Islands safe (from Covid-19) for me to do my own thing?
e)  What are the vaccination rates of the ports/Islands?  Are they ready for 3,000 visitors? or 6,000, etc.
f) And oh, I think prices are too high... but as another poster mentioned, until the FCC are used up, prices may remain artificially high?

I wanna go, I really, really do (kids voice) but I'm not ready yet...
And side note, my Bank of America Cruise points are gonna slowly start to fall off....

Kirk

Agree. Too many unresolved issues to think about sailing soon. In the meantime, call your insurer to be sure you know how they treat foreign travel so you’ll be ready to go.

57 minutes ago, kearney said:

I came across this paper ..one of the authors is a Dr at Johns Hopkins. It is making the case that positive test results among asymptomatic vaccinated... may be misleading and essentially overstates the problem with the virus. Interesting read. https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2021/07/21/covid-testing-vaccinated/  

They quoted the CDC as saying that fully vaccinated people should not be tested in the absence of symptoms.  Yet on my next cruise vacation I will be tested 3 times.  On a land vacation there is zero testing.

On the 95% cruises all of the drama and contact tracing is a bit much to call it a vacation.  People are concerned that they will be contact traced and quarantined for at least a night or longer if they test positive.  

Waiting for some normalcy in cruising to start.

3 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

They quoted the CDC as saying that fully vaccinated people should not be tested in the absence of symptoms.  Yet on my next cruise vacation I will be tested 3 times.  On a land vacation there is zero testing.

On the 95% cruises all of the drama and contact tracing is a bit much to call it a vacation.  People are concerned that they will be contact traced and quarantined for at least a night or longer if they test positive.  

Waiting for some normalcy in cruising to start.

We need to be tested before going to Bahamas ..even though that is not a Bahamian requirement for vaccinated. Vaccinated will be tested again before flying home...which I think is a requirement to fly..but I am not sure who requires it..FAA, CDC, airlines etc. I do wonder about all this testing. The TX state senators that tested positive... sounds like an high number of breakthrough cases... I do wonder about that and other groups like this eg the Yankees.  We signed up of AOS back in April..knowing protocols were going to change... I actually hoped ..part of me assumed... that changes would loosen...but now appears to be tightening.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kearney said:

We need to be tested before going to Bahamas ..even though that is not a Bahamian requirement for vaccinated. Vaccinated will be tested again before flying home...which I think is a requirement to fly..but I am not sure who requires it..FAA, CDC, airlines etc. I do wonder about all this testing. The TX state senators that tested positive... sounds like an high number of breakthrough cases... I do wonder about that and other groups like this eg the Yankees.  We signed up of AOS back in April..knowing protocols were going to change... I actually hoped ..part of me assumed... that changes would loosen...but now appears to be tightening.

I don’t see how protocols can be relaxed in the foreseeable future. We are staring down the barrel of another round of infections in this country just in time for school to start. A few minutes ago I read a post about an unvaccinated child and a vaccinated parent testing positive and being removed from the Summit.

There is more to come, and this time it looks like the rules will be slightly different. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Babr said:

I don’t see how protocols can be relaxed in the foreseeable future. We are staring down the barrel of another round of infections in this country just in time for school to start. A few minutes ago I read a post about an unvaccinated child and a vaccinated parent testing positive and being removed from the Summit.

There is more to come, and this time it looks like the rules will be slightly different. 

Correction:  It was the Apex in Greece.

34 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

14 days later and the Edge has a vaccinated case.  Does that make anyone revisit their assumptions?  Still a very fluctuating situation.

Two, actually.

There is a thread here with the announcement made this morning.

On 7/24/2021 at 3:38 PM, jerseygirl3 said:

Wait. What?  After her despicable behavior, Royal flew her and her travel companion home in a private jet, reimbursed her cruise fare and offered her 100% off a future cruise?  That’s insane!! 

That type of transportation home is currently  required by the CDC’s CSO (conditional Sail Order). That will change soon, I believe.  The refund was part of Royal Caribbean’s stated policy for guests who contract covid. The future cruise certificate? Maybe to calm her down?

• Like 1

On the upside, she said she would never take another Royal Caribbean cruise so you RC fans can rest easy.  I hope she means Celebrity too... I'm a Celebrity fan-boy.  LOL!!

Edited by DenGNNJ
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, DenGNNJ said:

On the upside, she said she would never take another Royal Caribbean cruise so you RC fans can rest easy.  I hope she means Celebrity too... I'm a Celebrity fan-boy.  LOL!!

welcome to the club dgnnj...

bon voyage

6 hours ago, DenGNNJ said:

I guarantee she’ll take advantage of a free cruise, despite her ranting. 

7 hours ago, seabeew said:

That type of transportation home is currently  required by the CDC’s CSO (conditional Sail Order). That will change soon, I believe.  The refund was part of Royal Caribbean’s stated policy for guests who contract covid. The future cruise certificate? Maybe to calm her down?

But the CDC doesn’t say the cruiseline has to pay to get them home. I thought travel insurance was required for the unvaccinated and that was meant to cover these types of expenses. 

5 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

But the CDC doesn’t say the cruiseline has to pay to get them home. I thought travel insurance was required for the unvaccinated and that was meant to cover these types of expenses. 

For now the cruise lines are providing assistance, but those plans will expire. Insurance is required for the unvaccinated, but everyone should consider.

The thing to note is that insurance will not provide the same level of service as the cruise lines. Most likely those affected will have to quarantine or receive appropriate care before being allowed to fly home commercially, depending on the severity of the infection.

Read the policy carefully wherever you buy it so that you understand what is covered.