P&O Covid Testing

himan

7 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Thanks for that info, I just checked online and found a reference from Richmond Council that says LFT's can not show if you have had Covid. However the Gov sites only seem to say "lateral flow testing is less likely to return a positive result outside the infectious window" Which means that it can give a positive result, maybe because 'bits' of virus are still floating about inside you!  This is why they will then do a rapid PCR test which will tell whether you have a new infection or just the dwindling remnants of an old one are not shedding virus.

simple eh! 😵

But it says LFT is LESS likely to return a positive result outside of the infectious window. Therefore, it should only show positive if you're currently infectious. 

Its the PCR that can pick up bits of dead virus as the sample is amplified. 

But if you've got a positive LFT and a positive PCR, the chances are that you're currently infectious. I think the follow up PCR is just to ensure that any positive reading from a LFT isn't a false positive.

Latest update from P&O 22nd July. Regarding cruises post staycation . All passengers who are not fully vaccinated and regardless of age will need to undergo a PCR test within 72 hours of sailing. This is in addition to Lateral flow test at embarkation. The PCR tests will be paid for by P&O but where it is done and by whom is presently under discussion. We will be notified of the arrangements nearer the time. 

5 minutes ago, TheGinBoy said:

10 days until my cruise, anxiously taking a LFT every day in the lead up to the cruise. Anyone else?

Not doing it EVERY day, doing one every few days and wearing my mask more and going out less.

3 minutes ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Not doing it EVERY day, doing one every few days and wearing my mask more and going out less.

Yeah, I mean I've been really careful with mask-wearing and hand-washing throughout and STILL got COVID in June. 

But I've cleared the calendar until we cruise now. No social events. Just working from home.

20 minutes ago, TheGinBoy said:

Yeah, I mean I've been really careful with mask-wearing and hand-washing throughout and STILL got COVID in June. 

But I've cleared the calendar until we cruise now. No social events. Just working from home.

Same. I sail in 3 days on Britannia and then 2 weeks later on Regal Princess

1 hour ago, TheGinBoy said:

If you had covid in June and you've been double vaccinated, you'll be super immune by now! 

We go on 7th and I'm trying to be more careful etc but not worrying about it too much. I've avoided it so far, despite my partner having the original covid back in March last year (or I had it and was asymptomatic?!?). I'll breathe a sigh of relief when I step foot on that ship! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

If you had covid in June and you've been double vaccinated, you'll be super immune by now! 

We go on 7th and I'm trying to be more careful etc but not worrying about it too much. I've avoided it so far, despite my partner having the original covid back in March last year (or I had it and was asymptomatic?!?). I'll breathe a sigh of relief when I step foot on that ship! 

We were doing 2 a week and one the day before the cruise. Still a bit tense waiting in the shed for the P&O test to come through.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We were doing 2 a week and one the day before the cruise. Still a bit tense waiting in the shed for the P&O test to come through.

I can imagine. Going to be squeaky bum time until we're actually on the gangway.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Holly123red said:

Both of us are trying to be extra careful but we have to work we go on Sunday 1st aug won't  believe we are going until we get on board just our luck to get pinged 

Good luck. A guess a good few folk will be taking all the precautions that they can.