September/October sailings announcement

32 minutes ago, naxer said:

Just wondering, has anybody had a booked cruise officially cancelled before the final payment date?  Even in the darkest days last year, when everybody knew the cruise had to be cancelled, in my experience Carnival wouldn't call it until after the final payment date.  While I understand that for business reasons they want the final payment before the cruise is cancelled; that is one of the few things I will find fault with them for in all of this.

All of my cruises. None of them got to the final payment date.

1 hour ago, naxer said:

Just wondering, has anybody had a booked cruise officially cancelled before the final payment date?  Even in the darkest days last year, when everybody knew the cruise had to be cancelled, in my experience Carnival wouldn't call it until after the final payment date.  While I understand that for business reasons they want the final payment before the cruise is cancelled; that is one of the few things I will find fault with them for in all of this.

This particular cruise was originally scheduled for October 2020 and was cancelled prior to final payment date.

8 minutes ago, K&RCurt said:

This particular cruise was originally scheduled for October 2020 and was cancelled prior to final payment date.

I rescheduled my October 2020 Horizon cruise right at final due date & Carnival canceled a month or so after.  Don’t think I lost any deposit as I shifted it to September 2021.

I just received an email from Carnival with the subject "Game on Jeff - thanks for booking".  If they're going to cancel this cruise on Monday or Tuesday, this is a very bad tease...

BOOKING #: M37FXX   |   SAILING DATE: 09/12/2021
Thanks for booking your Carnival cruise, Jeff. Carnival Players Club and the entire Carnival Pride team can't wait to see you aboard! Meanwhile, please don't forget to link your booking to My Cruise Manager to easily book spa appointments, plan shore excursions, make restaurant reservations, check your itinerary and much more.

13 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I just received an email from Carnival with the subject "Game on Jeff - thanks for booking".  If they're going to cancel this cruise on Monday or Tuesday, this is a very bad tease...

Thanks for booking your Carnival cruise, Jeff. Carnival Players Club and the entire Carnival Pride team can't wait to see you aboard! Meanwhile, please don't forget to link your booking to My Cruise Manager to easily book spa appointments, plan shore excursions, make restaurant reservations, check your itinerary and much more.

I got the same email for my Pride TA in October '22 back in June. I wouldn't read much into it to be honest.

13 hours ago, sailingships said:

So they can ask they just cant deny service and Carnival is using the wording of the CDCs CSO about the 95%/5% . After July 18 maybe this will change.

Meanwhile everyone should have to present the 72 hour neg PCR test results to board. 

They certainly denied people on my cruise out of Miami. There were some adult that received an exemption but most didn't.

• Like 1

I suspect restarting ships that haven’t been announced is more about crewing and working with ports to determine slots for the ships.

For the ports that are opening, I would guess most are restricting the number of cruisers/ships (from pre COVID numbers) for the island/port and this has to be a logistical nightmare as other cruise lines plans come into play as well for scheduling port calls.

I also have to imagine crewing/staffing a ship is extremely difficult from identifying potential crew that is vaccinated, then the quarantined period once they can have everyone needed for all departments to run all services of a ship in place and then finally there are the travel challenges of getting international crew to the ships. (I think this is why they are opening up more cabins for booking on some of the upcoming sailings, as they get the right number of cabin stewards, wait staff, cooks and etc. to handle the volume of passengers).  As they are able to add more crew/staff, they can increase the passenger load on already sailing ships.

I would have to believe this is a huge juggling act to staff that many ships from scratch with all the challenges and unforeseen obstacles of crew being turned away at airports (like John H was initially).  I would hate trying to piece together this puzzle. 

Finally there are all the embarkation staffing, provisioning and etc. that have to be worked as well, to confirm you have what you need to embark and disembark passengers and provision a ship

Glad it isn’t me trying to manage all this.

Edited by tidecruiser
  • Like 2

Just to add about the Crew.  Our son, Mark, will board his next ship in mid-November. As of today, as a crew member, he will be in quarantine onboard for 2 weeks.  

Thankfully, he will not be quarantining in the crew quarters. Those cabins are teeny tiny, no window. Mark’s have been at the front area of the ship, bunk bed, 2 people (same dept.— Fun Squad) per cabin. One small desk, each person had their own small closets (STUFFED with Carnival work & street clothes,etc) & bathroom. 

He is already vaccinated and naturally is required to show proof by the official card.  Crew has always had to have a complete physical. The doctor fills out all the forms and sends them directly to Carnival. Medical personnel (assuming doctors) will go over those records before he sets foot on a ship. 

He’s feeling very comfortable going back to Ship Life.  Actually VERY EXCITED 😂😂🛳🛳!!

Bobbi

Edited by Markmom18
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Bobbi, thanks so much for keeping us posted on Mark's progress as he returns to work. I know you are as excited as he is. I've found your updates on his progress very informative. Thank you! 

Edited by Joe817
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Unfortunately, many of these are auto-generated and if you cruise has not been officially canceled yet you will get the scheduled emails until the cruise is cancelled and then even after it is cancelled you still may receive the emails.   

38 minutes ago, jlabs03 said:

Unfortunately, many of these are auto-generated and if you cruise has not been officially canceled yet you will get the scheduled emails until the cruise is cancelled and then even after it is cancelled you still may receive the emails.   

Yes, earlier this year I still received emails for a cancelled cruise.  It also stayed in my cruise planner.

On 7/18/2021 at 11:04 AM, IntrepidFromDC said:

We just made the cut!  First cruise out of Baltimore, Half Moon Cay here we come!

• Like 6

Just now, IntrepidFromDC said:

We just made the cut!  First cruise out of Baltimore, Half Moon Cay here we come!

Awesome! I'll be on her 2 weeks later. Now the only remaining question is do they skip Grand Turk. Apparently Turk is not allowing cruise ships until 9/30. My sailing is scheduled for Turk on 9/29 😛

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pogoism9 said:

Awesome! I'll be on her 2 weeks later. Now the only remaining question is do they skip Grand Turk. Apparently Turk is not allowing cruise ships until 9/30. My sailing is scheduled for Turk on 9/29 😛

You'll get a warm welcome to.....Bimini! Just kidding. You should have smoother service than any hiccups on the first cruise.

1 minute ago, mondello said:

You'll get a warm welcome to.....Bimini! Just kidding. You should have smoother service than any hiccups on the first cruise.

I think Bimini is on lockdown right now. I'd like a day at HMC considering this is the only Pride sailing I have seen thats going to Princess Cays instead of HMC

• Like 3

I'm booked on the Glory for Sept 26th and so excited I get to go on this cruise! I wanted to sail out of NOLA for my birthday since that's where I was born (I haven't been there since I was 5). 🙂  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

Just to add about the Crew.  Our son, Mark, will board his next ship in mid-November. As of today, as a crew member, he will be in quarantine onboard for 2 weeks.  

Thankfully, he will not be quarantining in the crew quarters. Those cabins are teeny tiny, no window. Mark’s have been at the front area of the ship, bunk bed, 2 people (same dept.— Fun Squad) per cabin. One small desk, each person had their own small closets (STUFFED with Carnival work & street clothes,etc) & bathroom. 

He is already vaccinated and naturally is required to show proof by the official card.  Crew has always had to have a complete physical. The doctor fills out all the forms and sends them directly to Carnival. Medical personnel (assuming doctors) will go over those records before he sets foot on a ship. 

He’s feeling very comfortable going back to Ship Life.  Actually VERY EXCITED 😂😂🛳🛳!!

Bobbi

I'm confused - he boards his next ship mid-November, but began quarantine yesterday (in July)??

14 minutes ago, pogoism9 said:

I think Bimini is on lockdown right now. I'd like a day at HMC considering this is the only Pride sailing I have seen thats going to Princess Cays instead of HMC

There are a lot of ships going and the ports are limited.  Many of them are already scheduled for HMC.  Many are scheduled for ports that aren't open yet, like Grand Turk and Grand Cayman.  Since it only has one ship a day they won't be able to take every ship to HMC.  Our ship is scheduled for Grand Turk and HMC in September.  The official Turks and Caicos site says they are closed to cruise ships through September.  Not sure where we will be going.

3 minutes ago, jeepchick444 said:

rescheduled my cancelled 9/5 sailing to 9/12 cannot wait!! woot!! 😎

That's going to be such a fun cruise, Pride is a great ship already, but with the first sailing back since 3/20, it's going to be amazing

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ScottsSweetie said:

I'm confused - he boards his next ship mid-November, but began quarantine yesterday (in July)??

I believe she means "as the rules are today", he'll be quarantining for 2 weeks when he gets on board in November. Kind of a qualifier, in case things change in the future.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SCBarker said:

I believe she means "as the rules are today", he'll be quarantining for 2 weeks when he gets on board in November. Kind of a qualifier, in case things change in the future.

Thank you,  exactly what I meant.
   Sorry about any confusion. 🙃🙃

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1