Should we go at Xmas?

We’ve booked an MSC cruise for Xmas time out of Miami, and although the adults are 2x vaxxed, our kids are under 7 most likely will not be by then. 

thoughts? I know we can’t predict, but What do you think the borders and quarantining will be like by then? Anyone else in similar position? Final payment is in sept, so we have a couple months.

Assuming that both adults have single vaccine and not mixed dose vaccinations, I don't see any major problems. Things get easier month by month, so barring a major reversal, I'd say plan on going but keep an eye on developments in the weeks to come.

Edited by Fouremco

29 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Assuming that both adults have single vaccine and not mixed dose vaccinations, I don't see any major problems. Things get easier month by month, so barring a major reversal, I'd say plan on going but keep an eye on developments in the weeks to come.

We are mixed, so hope that’s not an issue either 

• Like 1

I have a cruise booked out of Miami in December.

My 14 year old has two doses of Pfizer. I am the one with the issue having AZ/Pfizer.

I am waiting until September 27th to see whats going on before making final payment.

I hope things will get better before then.

We are considering  a few travel options.

The covid situation is so fluid. Our current plan is to hold off booking anything until very close to our planned departure date.  Even if it means paying more or even missing out.

• Like 2

We are not bothering to cruise until 2022. Hopefully by then the cruise lines will have worked the kinks out.

We rented a cottage for Thanksgiving week for a family vacation with the kids and grandkids here in Ontario.

Mrs. Dawg and I did book an AI in the Caribbean for x-mas that is fully refundable right up to 3 hours before the flight. With the week to week changes in the Covid situation that's the only way I would book anything right now. 

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 1

I'm booked for Dec but to use up FCC but lately I am concerned they will figure out who is considered "fully vaccinated" and who is not.

Safer would be mid- late 2022 because they have to get their ducks in order by then (or so you hope). It took 8 months for Ontario to catch up with the rest of the Country and we are still a bit behind....

• Like 1

We have a 12 day cruise just before Xmas.  Dw and I are fully vaccinated and kids will be in a few weeks.  I am really struggling with the decision to go.  Just following all the issues that are popping up.  As of right now I'd give us a 30% chance of going, but we have 6 more weeks for final payment

• Like 1

I moved my December cruises to March in hopes things will get sorted (I'm mixed vaccines) and also to give my turning 12 in December kid time to get vaccinated as well. But oh I want to travel! It's been two years since our last trip and I just want to be able to go somewhere and do something. We are going to Toronto for a few days, but it's not the same as a cruise 🙂

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MamatoJack said:

I moved my December cruises to March in hopes things will get sorted (I'm mixed vaccines) and also to give my turning 12 in December kid time to get vaccinated as well. But oh I want to travel! It's been two years since our last trip and I just want to be able to go somewhere and do something. We are going to Toronto for a few days, but it's not the same as a cruise 🙂

We're going to Canada's Wonderland on August 23rd.

My son and I are joking that we have forgotten where our suitcases are, we've forgotten how to pack to leave the house and I will forget how to drive on the 401 🙂

I've booked an all inclusive for March Break 2022 (husband doesn't cruise so we have to do a non cruise for his vacation). Air Canada switched my flights to Wed - Wed and I had to spend 4 hours on hold to change the flights back. I was almost in tears thinking our trip would have to be cancelled.

Covid continues to evolve.

Just look at what is happening in Florida and California... and some other states.

We were optimistic for spending Oct in Greece two months ago.  Not so optimistic  now.   Same for our winter trip  Thailand.  Chances are less than 50/50 for either. 

The only good thing is that have not committed to anything.

If you asked us today if we would be willing to fly to Florida to board a cruise the answer would be a definite no.  Might be different in three or four months from now though.

• Like 1