PCR and Antigen test

MStarzky

40 minutes ago, Magicat said:

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/canadian-travellers-fined-5-700-each-for-getting-wrong-covid-19-test-before-returning-from-u-s-1.5560090

Another example to ensure you check the entry requirements back into Canada.  Also check that you receive the correct test.

I'd like to think everyone on here knows that a PCR test is required 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, K_e_short said:

I'd like to think everyone on here knows that a PCR test is required 🙂

There is a post on another board from someone who just found out that a PCR test is required. Better late than never, but I doubt that the poster is unique in this regard.

• Like 1

I think if people who read these boards are reminded of what is required or where to find the information then they should not have issues.  I still see Canadian posters on the Harmony TA discussing the cruise.  Things may change, but right now no non US citizen is allowed into the US after being in a Schengen country like Spain 14 days prior.  I hope that will change in 10 weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Magicat said:

I think if people who read these boards are reminded of what is required or where to find the information then they should not have issues.  I still see Canadian posters on the Harmony TA discussing the cruise.  Things may change, but right now no non US citizen is allowed into the US after being in a Schengen country like Spain 14 days prior.  I hope that will change in 10 weeks.

Pity the people who don't read CC or other cruise related social media who are totally dependent on their cruise line or TA to keep them informed. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Our situation is a bit complicated. We cruise out of Rome on Thursday Oct 14 at 5:00pm local time.

We are going to Rome a couple days early to do some touring leaving Toronto on Monday Oct 11 at 10:35pm - also Monday happens to be Thanksgiving in Canada.

If we go 72 hours back from the 5:00pm cruise depart time - that equals 11:00am on Monday Toronto time. Therefore, we have to book a PCR test on Thanksgiving Holiday Monday at some point after 11:00am.

The big question will be can we book a test on the Holiday Monday?

Also checking if my company Health Spending Account will pay for the $200 PCR tests.

49 minutes ago, phoenix_joy said:

Our situation is a bit complicated. We cruise out of Rome on Thursday Oct 14 at 5:00pm local time.

We are going to Rome a couple days early to do some touring leaving Toronto on Monday Oct 11 at 10:35pm - also Monday happens to be Thanksgiving in Canada.

If we go 72 hours back from the 5:00pm cruise depart time - that equals 11:00am on Monday Toronto time. Therefore, we have to book a PCR test on Thanksgiving Holiday Monday at some point after 11:00am.

Also checking if my company Health Spending Account will pay for the $200 PCR tests.

I thought it was 3 days, not 72 hours? Missed what cruise line you are using.

4 hours ago, phoenix_joy said:

You should be able to get a rapid PCR test at Shoppers and have the results in about 20 minutes for $40. 

I'll also be flying to Rome next year for a cruise and someone on this forum mentioned that HAL would be providing the rapid PCR test prior to boarding.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, phoenix_joy said:

Quick initial question: why a PCR test? Things change quickly, but both Italy and NCL appear to be satisfied with an antigen test.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Quick initial question: why a PCR test? Things change quickly, but both Italy and NCL appear to be satisfied with an antigen test.

Just covering all the bases at the moment - things are changing daily and probably are going to get worse with the 4th wave before they get better - feel it is probably 50/50 at best that we actually go on this cruise 

• Like 1

Switch Health has partnered with Air Canada and provides testing at Pearson. While expensive ($250+GST), you could get a PCR rapid test on the Monday morning and get your results back in time for your flight that night. https://switchhealth.ca/en/travel/pearson-departures/ That's a bit of a hike from Newmarket, but they state that they are open 5 AM to 11 PM 7 days a week.

If an antigen test will meet the requirements for entering Italy and for boarding the ship, as I suspect is the case, you can get a rapid test at a local Shoppers that morning for only $40.

Hopefully the odds will improve and you'll be able to take the cruise!

• Like 1