Yet another FCC question

I've done a search, but all I could find were questions about problems cruisers were experiencing with FCC's,  while I'm looking for basic facts.  We've just had a b2b cruise out of Singapore cancelled and can opt for FCC's of 125% or a refund of the two deposits paid. 

Is the FCC 125% of the deposit already paid or the full cost of the cruise?    Can both FCC's be deducted from the cost of a single cruise?   I'd phone Royal, but spent an hour yesterday before getting through to the Diamond Plus desk about a query on a different cruise.

TIA

28 minutes ago, suekay said:

Is the FCC 125% of the deposit already paid or the full cost of the cruise?

Can both FCC's be applied to the cost of a single cruise? 

The FCC is 125% of the fare you paid, excluding any taxes (those are refunded).

Yes.

5 hours ago, suekay said:

I've done a search, but all I could find were questions about problems cruisers were experiencing with FCC's,  while I'm looking for basic facts.  We've just had a b2b cruise out of Singapore cancelled and can opt for FCC's of 125% or a refund of the two deposits paid. 

Is the FCC 125% of the deposit already paid or the full cost of the cruise?    Can both FCC's be deducted from the cost of a single cruise?   I'd phone Royal, but spent an hour yesterday before getting through to the Diamond Plus desk about a query on a different cruise.

TIA

If you have only paid the deposit you will only get the 125% FCC on the deposit amount,  You can apply more than one FCC to a new cruise.

38 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you have only paid the deposit you will only get the 125% FCC on the deposit amount,  You can apply more than one FCC to a new cruise.

What seems to be the wait time to receive a email from Royal.  We cancelled two, 5 weeks ago and Royal cancelled our Quantum last week.  Just an odd question, Royal canceled the April 2022 Quantum Honolulu to Vancouver saying Quantum will be staying in Asia, Quantum still showing reservations for May 9 2022 in Alaska. 

10 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

What seems to be the wait time to receive a email from Royal.  We cancelled two, 5 weeks ago and Royal cancelled our Quantum last week.  Just an odd question, Royal canceled the April 2022 Quantum Honolulu to Vancouver saying Quantum will be staying in Asia, Quantum still showing reservations for May 9 2022 in Alaska. 

Unfortunately it can vary tremendously from a month to over 3 months

We had 19 cruises cancelled and during the closure rebooked then  they cancelled again like many others. Finally got all except 4 in may all reassigned on current ships. They issued them and last month reapplied the early may one . The three remaining  for late may all show up when I check on Royal booking site with all values correct. Even though we are the only two in every junior we book the FCC,s says Royal & resolutions were book that week in a group  rate and they take longer to fund so unable to apply now. Has been a few weeks now and they say may be a couple more. This has occurred before but posted this just incase other cruiser's encounter this problem. We  will use these on Jan sailing so plenty of time.   Nancy & Bob. The Villages, Florida

Edited by villager70

On 7/20/2021 at 12:12 PM, suekay said:

TIA

It should explain it on the email.  The 125% is the amount you already paid times 125%.  Not the total cruise amount.  YOu will get a FCC certificate for each person in the room, and for each cruise.  So assuming 2 people in room, you would get 4 different FCC numbers.  

I didn't have to wait for the FCC's to be sent. With the booking numbers of the RCI cancelled cruises I was able to apply them to a new booking and an already booked cruise.

2 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

It should explain it on the email.  The 125% is the amount you already paid times 125%.  Not the total cruise amount.  YOu will get a FCC certificate for each person in the room, and for each cruise.  So assuming 2 people in room, you would get 4 different FCC numbers.  

Thanks for the explanation and thanks too for the reminder. I'd forgotten about the cruise and need to inform Royal Caribbean by 31st July  that we prefer to cancel and get a refund of the deposit.