What is the difference between MSC and Costa

JOHN 57

1 hour ago, drsel said:

You mean a naked man on the bench with hot coals beneath?

Not directly above the heat, but, directly on the bench, no towel.  😳

That isn't even the grossest thing I ever saw in the thermal suite, though.  😂

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

6 hours ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Not directly above the heat, but, directly on the bench, no towel.  😳

That isn't even the grossest thing I ever saw in the thermal suite, though.  😂

Even the naked man in the Costa Firenze sauna was sitting on the bench without a towel .

But what was the most gross thing you saw?

Edited by drsel

On 11/25/2022 at 12:25 AM, Nunagoras said:

I'm not interested on such rules TBHH... Heard that on AIDA for the German market they're allowed to go nude pretty much elsewhere. On Costa I believe they're more restrictive, to at least swimsuit on the restaurants and shows... It's possible that those nude cruises may be overpriced. they fit a specific community to say the least...

AIDA has a special deck FKK which allows for nudity, anywhere/everywhere else is clothing compulsory.

Rosalyn

Some more differences--

MSC has got many new ships--Meraviglia, Bellisima, Seaview, Seaside, Grandiosa, Virtuosa, Seashore, Seascape, Euribia, World Europa and even more being constructed; 

Whereas Costa has only 4 new ships--Venezia, Toscana, Firenze & Smeralda.

MSC is right now the fastest growing cruise line and is expected to overtake both Royal Caribbean and Carnival in the near future.

Edited by drsel
  • Like 1

Another Major difference--

MSC is the only cruise line to have never sold or scrapped any ship during the entire Covid pandemic. On the country, they built and launched more new ships.

Almost all other cruise lines including Costa have sold ships or scrapped them.

Costa sold neoClassica, neoRiviera, Mediterranea and neoRomantica ( later scrapped by Celestyal without using it)

Costa scrapped Victoria.

Right now Costa has 13 ships

Edited by drsel

11 hours ago, drsel said:

Another Major difference--

MSC is the only cruise line to have never sold or scrapped any ship during the entire Covid pandemic. On the country, they built and launched more new ships.

Almost all other cruise lines including Costa have sold ships or scrapped them.

Costa sold neoClassica, neoRiviera, Mediterranea and neoRomantica ( later scrapped by Celestyal without using it)

Costa scrapped Victoria.

Right now Costa has 13 ships

Another even further difference arising now: Sooner rather than later; Costa will give its place to "Carnival Fun Italian Style" and, presumably, totally disappear from the high seas, meaning that we'll have such an Italian inspired Carnival sub-fleet, while MSC will retain all its pure Italian influence from their Italian owners...

12 hours ago, cruiseaholic78 said:

AIDA has a special deck FKK which allows for nudity, anywhere/everywhere else is clothing compulsory.

Rosalyn

Yeah! I know. I was talking about specialty full charter nude cruises which are a very specific niche market, only occupied by AIDA, Costa and as far as I know TUI.

9 minutes ago, Nunagoras said:

Yeah! I know. I was talking about specialty full charter nude cruises which are a very specific niche market, only occupied by AIDA, Costa and as far as I know TUI.

Carnival Pride (chartered cruise) 14-Nights Caribbean in February 2023.

55 minutes ago, SirWolf said:

Is nudity compulsory or optional at the poolside on this nude Cruise ?

If optional, it may lead to voyeurism.

1 hour ago, Nunagoras said:

58 minutes ago, SirWolf said:

Is nudity compulsory or optional?

25 minutes ago, SirWolf said:

I can’t answer.. came across the charter cruise.. it’s advertised on a lifestyle website.

Rules vary leadership per leadership. Didn't know Carnival themselves involved at those ventures... My thought was based on what I know here from the EU...

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

MSC is getting better and better.

5 different free pizzas in the buffet and all of decent quality, despite being free.

Baklava and dark chocolate cakes for dessert. Norwegian pink salmon, muesli with sliced roasted almonds and walnuts for breakfast.

Different flavors of ice cream every night including pista, chocolate chips, coffee.

Free sundaes in the main dining room.

excellent shows every night, for 11 nights in a row.

It is very difficult to reach the highest level in Costa, because points expire automatically even if you sail every year.

Whereas MSC is far superior because you just need to sail once in three years to keep your points forever and accumulate more

On Costa, the lack of free drinking water with lunch and dinner in the main dining room, mandatory service charge, poor quality and variety of 'free' food are the main complaints.

Even pizzas are chargeable on Costa, an Italian ship.

Also very limited times for breakfast, lunch and dinner in the buffet and main dining room, around 2 hours for each.

No free tea and coffee available except during the 2 hours of breakfast and 1 hour evening tea.

When you come back from an excursion, there is no decent food on the entire ship late afternoon and evening (except for pastries with evening tea)

You have to wait until 7 or 7:30 p.m. for the buffet to re-open

On Costa, the passengers are mainly Italian and less than 5% of passengers are native English speakers, whereas MSC has a better international mix of passengers.

The crew on both MSC and Costa speak good English.

On MSC, all the activities and games are conducted with English as the first language and Italian as second.

On Costa, it is the reverse. Sometimes they need to be reminded to repeat everything in English.

Spas on the the new ships of MSC are the best in the entire Cruise industry and far superior to those on Costa.

On a typical 7 night Cruise, MSc has 7 grand production shows whereas Costa has only 4.