Full capacity

renza

1 hour ago, csm5986142 said:

Joe817, Yes, we were out of Galveston.  Embarkation went very smoothly,  much the same as before.  I had completed our online check-in as soon as carnival made it available.  We are platinum and got a 10:30 (group A2) appointment time.  

We arrive within 10 minutes of our appointment time.  As we approached the terminal, they were checking our boarding passes.  As we entered the terminal there were 2 different lines.  One was for vaccinated on-time appointments with all online docs completed, the other for vaccine exemptions, early or late for appointment time, or didn't have all online docs completed.   

The first checkpoint is where they verify vaccine cards match photo IDs.  Next is the regular check-in desk.  There was also a brief stop for the facial recognition software.  

Up to this point, we had walked right through, no waiting.

We paused maybe 2 minutes before boarding the ship - they boarded passengers in suites first, then started calling A1, A2, etc groups.

Since we were the first sailing, all cabins were ready as soon as we boarded, which was a huge bonus for us (it had been a rough trip to Galveston).

I thought Carnival did an amazing job (being their first cruise in 15 months).  I wish I could say the same for Southwest (flights were a nightmare, flight cancelled, luggage lost on the way there, 5 hours delayed on the way home, landing at 2:30 in the morning). 

Thanks for the detailed review on embarkation!

1 hour ago, csm5986142 said:

Joe817, Yes, we were out of Galveston.  Embarkation went very smoothly,  much the same as before.  I had completed our online check-in as soon as carnival made it available.  We are platinum and got a 10:30 (group A2) appointment time.  

We arrive within 10 minutes of our appointment time.  As we approached the terminal, they were checking our boarding passes.  As we entered the terminal there were 2 different lines.  One was for vaccinated on-time appointments with all online docs completed, the other for vaccine exemptions, early or late for appointment time, or didn't have all online docs completed.   

The first checkpoint is where they verify vaccine cards match photo IDs.  Next is the regular check-in desk.  There was also a brief stop for the facial recognition software.  

We paused maybe 2 minutes before boarding the ship - they boarded passengers in suites first, then started calling A1, A2, etc groups.

Since we were the first sailing, all cabins were ready as soon as we boarded, which was a huge bonus for us (it had been a rough trip to Galveston).

I thought Carnival did an amazing job (being their first cruise in 15 months).  I wish I could say the same for Southwest (flights were a nightmare, flight cancelled, luggage lost on the way there, 5 hours delayed on the way home, landing at 2:30 in the morning). 

csm5986142,  thanks very much for providing so much detail! Just the kind of thing I was looking for. 🥂

On 7/23/2021 at 9:46 AM, renza said:

Someone told me now that carnival is sailing with 95% vaccinated they can sail with full capacity. Is this true?  I thought they are sailing at 75% at most. 

Yes they can sail at 100% capacity if they choose. I Really Hope on my Sept 2021 sailing that they are not above 80%

On 7/23/2021 at 8:18 PM, asalligo said:

John Heald released the passenger and crew count on Facebook for Horizon and it was 75% capacity. 

He didn't say 75%. He said figure out the numbers. All the Horizon sailings have gone out at less than 60%. Donkey gave the numbers in his Q&A.

Edited by lobster1313

On 7/24/2021 at 11:41 AM, csm5986142 said:

What time did online check in?  Is it midnight or later in the morning?  We are Diamond so should be able to check  in a couple of days early. Thank you!