Full capacity

renza

13 minutes ago, renza said:

Someone told me now that carnival is sailing with 95% vaccinated they can sail with full capacity. Is this true?  I thought they are sailing at 75% at most. 

They CAN yes, but the first ships out have not been at full capacity.  Going forward I would anticipate they may start getting fuller and fuller as we go.

• Like 1

Reduced only as they have to hold rooms just in case.

The CDC CSO and RVR outline the requirements for reserved rooms. Those rooms are for the isolation of any suspected, potential, or confirmed cases. For crew, each room must be single occupancy. https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/management/technical-instructions-for-cruise-ships.html

3 hours ago, renza said:

Someone told me now that carnival is sailing with 95% vaccinated they can sail with full capacity. Is this true?  I thought they are sailing at 75% at most. 

My PVP stated yesterday that the Magic cruise I just booked for September is capped at 65%.

• Like 2

All I know is we booked the Mardi Gras yesterday for the week after Thanksgiving and cabin availability was limited  with 120 others looking at the sailing when we were.  This AM there were 105 looking at the sailing. Certain cabins types had sold out on them. No Coves, No Spas, lots of interiors on lower levels. Whether booked or blocked, No clue.

We were on the Breeze last week and definitely at reduced capacity.  I was not able to get specific details, but I would guess about 60%.  I've never seen so many open deck chairs all around the ship (by the pool, on the serenity deck, etc.).  The upper level of our dining room was dark (never used) the entire cruise.  There were never crowds anywhere (we walked right off the ship and back on in Cozumel).  It was so fantastic.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, csm5986142 said:

We were on the Breeze last week and definitely at reduced capacity.  I was not able to get specific details, but I would guess about 60%.  I've never seen so many open deck chairs all around the ship (by the pool, on the serenity deck, etc.).  The upper level of our dining room was dark (never used) the entire cruise.  There were never crowds anywhere (we walked right off the ship and back on in Cozumel).  It was so fantastic.

csm, that's good info! Thank you.  Please be so kind as to relate your experience regarding the embarkation process(ie: when was your check in time; how long did it take for processing once you  got into the processing lines, going through the screening process, etc; waiting area wait; and finally get onboard ship. How long was all of that?) What time was your room ready?  We are wrestling with what time to request port check in time when it's time for us to check in online. And I assume you sailed out of Galveston? That's our homeport if you will. lol

14 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

One of the officers on Horizon speculated that it would be a couple of months or so before Carnival would sail at full capacity. Their opinion only, and, as always, the virus makes the schedule.

Well my cruise on Horizon in early Sept sure looks like at least 80% full with whats available cabins for Carnival to sell. Would sure like the sailing to be under 85% capacity.

41 minutes ago, phoneman69 said:

Well my cruise on Horizon in early Sept sure looks like at least 80% full with whats available cabins for Carnival to sell. Would sure like the sailing to be under 85% capacity.

John Heald released the passenger and crew count on Facebook for Horizon and it was 75% capacity. 

7 hours ago, Fla Mike said:

My PVP stated yesterday that the Magic cruise I just booked for September is capped at 65%.

Im on the Magic in Sept also. Which date are you on, if you dont mind me asking?

1 hour ago, csm5986142 said:

Np chair hogs? lol.

21 minutes ago, FloridaMommyof3 said:

I'm liking that!  I'm on the Magic on 9/9 and to have it at 65% means no major crowds.  Awesome!

I'm on that one too; but it is still currently able to be booked so I'm sure it will be a higher % when closer to cruising.

11 hours ago, renza said:

They aren't going to be sailing at full capacity they will be sailing with 95% Vaccinated on these cruises though that is true. 

1 hour ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

They aren't going to be sailing at full capacity they will be sailing with 95% Vaccinated on these cruises though that is true. 

I don't believe Carnival will put a capacity cap on any of their sailings

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CruiseAF said:

What people don’t say about current numbers for sailings in the future is the 20-30% of people that cancel that don’t get an exemption for their children. 

something to ponder.

If Carnival is no longer mandated to follow the CDC's guidelines of 95-5%, then they could increase the 5% to allow more unvaccinated kids on board in the future.  If they decided to change their current policy it probably would not happen till the fall, when the demand for more kids to sail would be less.  But, if they have a couple of months of no incidents, they could possibly go to 90-10, with the 10 being kids, not adults.  Who knows? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

...they could possibly go to 90-10, with the 10 being kids, not adults.  Who knows? 

This is my thought as well. I don't see them making too many changes, but moving from 95/5 to 90/10 is a definite possibility. No one but the Execs have the facts, but I was told that cruises are capped at 75% capacity for 2021  by my TA. 

Joe817, Yes, we were out of Galveston.  Embarkation went very smoothly,  much the same as before.  I had completed our online check-in as soon as carnival made it available.  We are platinum and got a 10:30 (group A2) appointment time.  

We arrive within 10 minutes of our appointment time.  As we approached the terminal, they were checking our boarding passes.  As we entered the terminal there were 2 different lines.  One was for vaccinated on-time appointments with all online docs completed, the other for vaccine exemptions, early or late for appointment time, or didn't have all online docs completed.   

The first checkpoint is where they verify vaccine cards match photo IDs.  Next is the regular check-in desk.  There was also a brief stop for the facial recognition software.  

Up to this point, we had walked right through, no waiting.

We paused maybe 2 minutes before boarding the ship - they boarded passengers in suites first, then started calling A1, A2, etc groups.

Since we were the first sailing, all cabins were ready as soon as we boarded, which was a huge bonus for us (it had been a rough trip to Galveston).

I thought Carnival did an amazing job (being their first cruise in 15 months).  I wish I could say the same for Southwest (flights were a nightmare, flight cancelled, luggage lost on the way there, 5 hours delayed on the way home, landing at 2:30 in the morning). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1