Passport Processing Update for adults

Husband mailed his renewal in May (regular, not priority). They acknowledged receipt on 6/23.  On 6/28, after 150+ attempts to call them, finally got through and requested expedited. They took his credit card number and said they’d expedite.  It doesn’t seem they did that. Kept showing that it was in process as regular, not expedited.  On 8/12 FINALLY received notice that it had been approved and he should have it by 8/21. No credit card expedite fee was ever processed.  

We’re scheduled to sail out of Nassau on 9/11. Assuming we’ll receive the passport on time.  Now our challenge is just to ensure we stay COVID free and get testing scheduled three days out.  We’re in metro Atlanta and it’s becoming challenging at this point to get test appointments if you’re not exhibiting symptoms. My SIL was exposed at work and had a heck of a time finding testing…and it took four days to get the results. 😬

Update, my tracking number was saying it originated in Tucson, but the return address was New Orleans.....

May 14-Aug 14 (with “in process” started on June 23) non expedited, I do have Global Entry, but that doesn’t expire until 2024.....

5 hours ago, satchimosmom said:

Husband mailed his renewal in May (regular, not priority). They acknowledged receipt on 6/23.  On 6/28, after 150+ attempts to call them, finally got through and requested expedited. They took his credit card number and said they’d expedite.  It doesn’t seem they did that. Kept showing that it was in process as regular, not expedited.  On 8/12 FINALLY received notice that it had been approved and he should have it by 8/21. No credit card expedite fee was ever processed.  

We’re scheduled to sail out of Nassau on 9/11. Assuming we’ll receive the passport on time.  Now our challenge is just to ensure we stay COVID free and get testing scheduled three days out.  We’re in metro Atlanta and it’s becoming challenging at this point to get test appointments if you’re not exhibiting symptoms. My SIL was exposed at work and had a heck of a time finding testing…and it took four days to get the results. 😬

You should be fine.....I sent mine May 14th from the lower midtown Atlanta post office, got the in process email the same day as he did, got the approved email on the 9th, and got mine today....the “approved” date seems to be the printed and out in the mail date....

Has anyone had any luck getting an appointment at one of the offices? Went to check in to our September cruise and mine expires 5 months after our sailing... Royal recommends 6 months... 

Trying to get into the Philly office to have my passport done!

1 hour ago, ADunk said:

Has anyone had any luck getting an appointment at one of the offices? Went to check in to our September cruise and mine expires 5 months after our sailing... Royal recommends 6 months... 

Trying to get into the Philly office to have my passport done!

Where is your cruise going? 

If it's a Caribbean cruise, don't bother renewing early -- as long as it's good on the day you return to the USA, you're good.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Where is your cruise going? 

If it's a Caribbean cruise, don't bother renewing early -- as long as it's good on the day you return to the USA, you're good.

Western Caribbean, not too stressed a out it either! Problem is we just booked at trip to Cancun in November 😅

9 minutes ago, ADunk said:

Western Caribbean, not too stressed a out it either! Problem is we just booked at trip to Cancun in November 😅

I guess send it expedited the day you return from the cruise and hope you have it by November. 

Otherwise, send it in now and just cruise with DL and BC.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

After mailing in my application on April 29 today, August 21, my status has changed to approved. This has been a four month process. Now I'll see how long it takes to get here from New Hampshire.

Was this an expedited renewal?

Dave

Thought I would give some hope to those waiting on passports being renewed.  I just received my new (renewed) passport today literally one month from when I mailed it.  My husband's passport, which was mailed in on the same day, is showing "in process" on the passport website so he should be receiving his soon also.  We did normal processing but mailed it in by priority mail and paid extra on the passport renewal site for express return delivery.  It obviously paid off for us doing it that way.  Glad we didn't pay for expedited processing which doubles the price.  We renewed our passport way before we had to so we didn't have any stress with a tight deadline.  I remain the optimist that someday I will get to return to cruising.  We have 4 cruises booked in 2022 and I really want to be on them.

On 8/6/2021 at 10:05 PM, jrapps said:

We just got our renewals back. We sent them in Priority Express, did Expedited service, and paid for the Priority Express return shipping. Took exactly 4 weeks. I was shocked it was so fast.

This is what I'm hoping for.  I too did Overnight Delivery to them and Expidited Service with Priority Express return.  I leave October 15th so this make me a happy cruiser (well, almost 😬 😅)

On 8/9/2021 at 10:03 PM, karmamule said:

Adding in my timeline: I sent in an expedited passport renewal on July 6, want to processing in July 10 and received my new passport on August 6. Their processing estimate of up to 12 weeks for expedited is VERY conservative. 

I'm hoping so....I should be alright 🤔 as we've 2 months before we leave and fly to the UK for the first leg of our journey.  

On 8/14/2021 at 8:30 PM, Kathscof said:

You should be fine.....I sent mine May 14th from the lower midtown Atlanta post office, got the in process email the same day as he did, got the approved email on the 9th, and got mine today....the “approved” date seems to be the printed and out in the mail date....

His passport magically showed up a few days ago!  🥳 We’re on course to catch the Adventure on 9/11!

• Like 2

Mine just changed from In Process to Approved . I had mailed it priority mail on 7/24, paid the extra for both expedited processing and priority mail return (our cruise leaves 12/11, and I didn't want to take any chances). They say they got it on 7/28, so it's been exactly 4 weeks for them to process it. 

Edited by barrykel
  • Like 1

I have not read ALL the postings here, but I just renewed my passport (it had expired a few days before) at the Post Office on 7/20/21.  At that time I did not think about expediting it, until my son ask me to go to Jamaica, and then it dawned on me, by the time he was leaving, I probably would not get my passport back. After looking at the website for renewed passports that are NOT expedited, I decided to send the information requested, (I had spoken to someone at the passport office, and she could not guarantee when my passport would arrive, but she felt by the time we were to cruise, I would receive it. She did send me a form to fill out if I decided to have them expedite my passport.) if they felt like my passport needed to be expedited.  I was still concerned, and then someone mentioned on a website that I could possibly use my birth certificate and drivers license.  I still did not know if that would work, but I contacted my agent, and they called RCL, and they said my birth certificate and drivers license would work.  That did give me more peace of mind. 🙂

On 8/9/2021 at 10:03 PM, karmamule said:

Adding in my timeline: I sent in an expedited passport renewal on July 6, want to processing in July 10 and received my new passport on August 6. Their processing estimate of up to 12 weeks for expedited is VERY conservative. 

You're keeping me hopeful 😆.  I sent ours in August 16th with Priority Express, did Expedited service, and paid for the Priority Express return shipping.  We leave for the UK on October 16th.  😇🙏

• Like 1

I have so many family and friend stories of expired passports that I actually have a reminder in my phone for my family's passports 7 months out to start renewal.  If they don't live with us, I text them as an update.  My 27 year old didn't listen to mom and as a result, had 7 days until passport expired.  I helped him out by promising to mail everything as he works crazy hours in the hospital.  As I was putting everything together, I checked the envelope one more time and noticed I had put my husband's passport in by accident!  I had pulled husband's out for another reason and accidentally switched them.  It would have been a potenial nightmare.  

Edited by jean87510

Very Promising, looks like priority mail  you are getting your Passport within 1 month, as I have seen most people who submitted in June/July are receiving within 1 month on various forums.

My Info:

Mailed from post office priority:7/23/2021

Received to Passport Office:7/25/2021

Mailed back to me:8/25/2021

Passport Code office : 68-Porthmouth, NH

I paid for priority there and back, well worth it to me. Now I have my passport in hand.

I have a cruise planned for NYE21, but looking at booking a teaser trip to CocoCay next month on Freedom, because I can't wait for NYE.😁😆😁. Wife said i was crazy , but she just called me too see if I had booked the trip yet!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1