Did you sail on Song of Norwary, Nordic Prince, or Sun Viking? If so, I have a question.....

....that maybe you can answer.  Another poster who sailed on these ships and I have had a discussion on the "Whatever Happened To...." Forum on CC.  The discussion is on the Nordic Prince thread.  Our discussion related to the Viking Crown Lounge on these 3 ships.  (There is an exterior photo of the Lounge on the thread.)  The photo shows exterior stairs in order to reach the Lounge.  I remember this.  The other poster does not.  The photo also shows that those stairs end just below the Lounge and does not appear to get one into the Lounge itself.  

Questions:  If one used the stairs, how did one actually enter the Lounge?  By another set of stairs?  By an elevator?  Was there another way to get to the Lounge other than those exterior stairs?  

Both of us would appreciate our memories being refreshed, if possible.  Thank you.  

The stairs to the Viking Crown lounge were outside and entered from the stern just below the lounge. If I remember correctly you entered the lounge from the bow area behind the square bar which was in the middle. The tables were arranged around the perimeter at the windows. There was, as far as I know, not other access to the lounge

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tcasey59 said:

The stairs to the Viking Crown lounge were outside and entered from the stern just below the lounge. If I remember correctly you entered the lounge from the bow area behind the square bar which was in the middle. The tables were arranged around the perimeter at the windows. There was, as far as I know, not other access to the lounge

Yes, that was the only way.  You could not get to the lounge without going outside.

• Thanks 1

I was on Song of Norway in 1996. I remember going up the outside stairway in windy conditions so bad I thought I was going to be blown off the stairs! I believe at the top of the stairs you stepped directly into the lounge. It’s been a long time since then and my memory is not as good as it used to be.

• Thanks 1

The only thing I remember about those stairs was that I fell down them in the rain once (in high heels)!  I blamed the rain making the stairs slick, not too many 🥂 LOL.

There was a crew member close to where I landed and his eyes were wide open with an "uh oh" look. He ran somewhere (to report it? to get help? to laugh?) while my DH helped me up. Our whole party (and other bystanders) just laughed and laughed. I thought I'd never hear the end of it 😁 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, SeaHunt said:

The only thing I remember about those stairs was that I fell down them in the rain once (in high heels)!  I blamed the rain making the stairs slick, not too many 🥂 LOL.

There was a crew member close to where I landed and his eyes were wide open with an "uh oh" look. He ran somewhere (to report it? to get help? to laugh?) while my DH helped me up. Our whole party (and other bystanders) just laughed and laughed. I thought I'd never hear the end of it 😁 

.. i hate when that happens. 🤣😁

• Haha 1

Song of Norway - access was gained through a stairway/ladder that ran up from the rear smokestack.  You had to go outside to access the stairway which was quite steep.  I remember trying to climb it with two kids in tow during a formal night.  We didn't look too formal once we got to the top of the stairs!

• Thanks 1

On 7/25/2021 at 4:13 PM, ktbr11crs said:

Where the stairs appear to end is just a landing; there are more stairs going up into the lounge.

There seems to be some agreement with you memory.  To me, there is no other logical answer to my question.

7 hours ago, keyboardjunkie said:

Song of Norway - access was gained through a stairway/ladder that ran up from the rear smokestack

21 hours ago, SeaHunt said:

The only thing I remember about those stairs was that I fell down them in the rain once (in high heels)!

Not a great memory, but thanks for sharing it!

22 hours ago, Caroleb said:

I was on Song of Norway in 1996. I remember going up the outside stairway in windy conditions so bad I thought I was going to be blown off the stairs!

23 hours ago, Blizzard54 said:

Yes, that was the only way.  You could not get to the lounge without going outside.

On 7/25/2021 at 4:19 PM, tcasey59 said:

Thank you all for sharing your memories of the Viking Crown Lounge on these ships.  Greatly appreciated!