Anyone else reevaluating?

MsTabbyKats

On 8/15/2021 at 2:52 PM, CruizinKittie40 said:

My 80 year old grandmother caught COVID a couple of weeks ago at a local restaurant.  This is my reasoning behind going on vacation.  I can get it here.  I can get it on a plane.  I can get it on a boat.  I actually caught COVID in November from my son who brought it home from National Guard Drill.  I'm vaccinated, I will take my chances.  

I live in the south.  I figure I'm just as likely to get it from a trip to Walmart or Dollar General as I am on a cruise.

• Like 2

On 8/13/2021 at 3:48 PM, JamieLogical said:

Bermuda published their requirements for cruise passengers yesterday and I am still not reconsidering my September 26 sailing. I am a little worried about the logistics for a B2B, but I will jump through whatever hoops are required for that, once they are clarified.

I have also now booked a sailing on the Celebrity Summit to the Dominican Republic for November 13.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for bringing positive words and thoughts to a thread that is very dark. 

Need to move on to more positive threads. We need to be aware of what is going on but dwelling on only negative issues and thoughts is not healthy.

Enjoy your cruises. Love following your posts.

• Like 2

My husband and I are supposed to be on Encore on Sept 4th. We tested this past Saturday and while we’re both fully vaccinated since April he ( the work from home guy who never goes anywhere without me) tested positive while I ( courthouse worker) tested negative. As of today we are 17 days out and we fear although he is not having any symptoms we read he could test positive for weeks, long after and contagious time. We are from Florida ( breeding ground of Delta) and are flying from Nashville after dropping the pups off at Nanas . I fear him testing positive at pier, being refused to board boat and being stuck in Seattle for 13 days when our return flight is. Plus we can’t just fly home if he just tested positive at pier. Any idea if I’m just a worrywort or have legitimate worries.

I was thinking 2023 but am now thinking 2024. Kind of despondent . I have some concerts next week  but will be double masking.

The whole idea of being turned away from a cruise port limits my willingness to risk flying somewhere.

I was considering March 2023 from NYC but some of the port stops are TOO brief.

I feel as though even with the vaccine, their is some sort of randomness involved- being in the wrong place at the wrong time, variants etc.

Sometimes I feel as though this will go on for 5 years and if i need to keep safe to resume cruising in 2025 then so be it.

I am actually starting to feel more confident that my Joy sailing in January will be a good one.

Bird and others on these forums have already had very successful cruises and there's still almost 5 months until my sailing.

From all the information that I can gather, it does appear that NCL has a plan and is moving forward with that plan in a steady way. Their financials were not nearly as bad as some on here had declared prematurely, so that doesn't concern me either. At least not for the time being.

I do hope that NCL sticks with the 100% vaccinated cruises, but I will understand if some tweaks need to take place. I'm closely paying attention to the ever changing protocols, but I like what NCL has done so far. November 1st is a big day as the current protocols end October 31st.

My family is vaccinated and we believe in the science. We know that we're protected against severe illness and death and that is comforting.

I also believe that the current spike in cases will be way down by November and that it will be the final spike in this pandemic. Fingers crossed.

These are my personal feelings and opinions and the bottom line is that I feel more confident now about my sailing than I did a month ago.

My last cruise was on the Encore in January 2020 and I'm getting super excited for my next one in January 2022.

How you cruising!

10 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Do they ask at the airport?

I thought I had seen or heard of people flying knowing darn well that they were positive for covid and that it caused them issues. maybe I'm imagining it as it's not an international flight. I mean this is America. lol 

10 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Do they ask at the airport?

Airlines have you confirm that you have not tested positive for COVID in the past X number of days when you check in for your flight. Of course, you could lie, but you are not supposed to be flying if you are COVID positive and are supposed to be in isolation.

• Like 3