Mardi Gras Sail Past at Dawn - July 29, 2021

twangster

The morning of July 29, 2021 I had an opportunity to sail past the Mardi Gras as we returned to Port Canaveral aboard Allure of the Seas as we finished up a CDC simulation cruise. 

I first learned I would be on this sailing less than a week ago.  As I have been following the videos posted by John Heald I learned that Mardi Gras was in Miami and my hopes of capturing some photos of her as we sailed out of Port Canaveral were dashed.   Fortunately Mardi Gras sailed back to Port Canaveral in time for our return and I was up before the crack of dawn to capture a different side of Mardi Gras compared to what I've seen driving past her many times on land.  

We reached the pilot station at 6am and soon after I started taking pictures.

MG-7-29-21-1.jpg

MG-7-29-21-2.jpg

A hint of daybreak started as we snuck up on her.

MG-7-29-21-3.jpg

MG-7-29-21-4.jpg

I'm booked on Mardi Gras in a few weeks time and like anyone else booked on a cruise the natural desire is to try to find your cabin so I'm putting a bunch of pictures in this post.  This is for all those like me looking anywhere and everyone for pictures of this beautiful ship!

MG-7-29-21-5.jpg

MG-7-29-21-6.jpg

MG-7-29-21-7.jpg

MG-7-29-21-8.jpg

MG-7-29-21-9.jpg

MG-7-29-21-10.jpg

I also wanted to capture what I could of the activity area and of course Bolt!

MG-7-29-21-11.jpg

MG-7-29-21-12.jpg

MG-7-29-21-13.jpg

Some crew were out waving as we passed by.

MG-7-29-21-14.jpg

MG-7-29-21-15.jpg

MG-7-29-21-16.jpg

MG-7-29-21-17.jpg

MG-7-29-21-18.jpg

MG-7-29-21-19.jpg

MG-7-29-21-20.jpg

I'll be on the fourth sailing and for anyone who has seen my threads over the Royal boards you'll know I love taking pictures of beautiful ships so watch for a live trip report with lots of pictures in a few weeks time.  Until then enjoy a Port Canaveral sunrise with a silhouette of Mardi Gras.

MG-7-29-21-21.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, twangster said:

The morning of July 29, 2021 I had an opportunity to sail past the Mardi Gras as we returned to Port Canaveral aboard Allure of the Seas as we finished up a CDC simulation cruise. 

I first learned I would be on this sailing less than a week ago.  As I have been following the videos posted by John Heald I learned that Mardi Gras was in Miami and my hopes of capturing some photos of her as we sailed out of Port Canaveral were dashed.   Fortunately Mardi Gras sailed back to Port Canaveral in time for our return and I was up before the crack of dawn to capture a different side of Mardi Gras compared to what I've seen driving past her many times on land.  

MG-7-29-21-1.jpg

MG-7-29-21-2.jpg

MG-7-29-21-3.jpg

MG-7-29-21-4.jpg

I'm booked on Mardi Gras in a few weeks time and like anyone else booked on a cruise the natural desire is to try to find your cabin so I'm putting a bunch of pictures in this post.  This is for all those like me looking anywhere and everyone for pictures of this beautiful ship!

MG-7-29-21-5.jpg

MG-7-29-21-6.jpg

MG-7-29-21-7.jpg

MG-7-29-21-8.jpg

MG-7-29-21-9.jpg

MG-7-29-21-10.jpg

MG-7-29-21-11.jpg

MG-7-29-21-12.jpg

MG-7-29-21-13.jpg

MG-7-29-21-14.jpg

MG-7-29-21-15.jpg

MG-7-29-21-16.jpg

MG-7-29-21-17.jpg

MG-7-29-21-18.jpg

MG-7-29-21-19.jpg

MG-7-29-21-20.jpg

I'll be on the fourth sailing and for anyone who has seen my threads over the Royal boards you'll know I love taking pictures of beautiful ships so watch for a live trip report with lots of pictures in a few weeks time.  Until then enjoy a Port Canaveral sunrise with a silhouette of Mardi Gras.

MG-7-29-21-21.jpg

thank you, really nice pictures

• Like 1

Just now, hurricane0226 said:

almost time for you to cruise, single digit dance for us. have a good cruise.

Yes!  I hope you have a good cruise too! It still doesn't seem like it will happen.  After a year and three cancelled cruises, I will probably believe it is happening after I board the ship.

• Haha 1

Just now, TNcruising02 said:

Yes!  I hope you have a good cruise too! It still doesn't seem like it will happen.  After a year and three cancelled cruises, I will probably believe it is happening after I board the ship.

when you are enjoying you guys burger, then it will hit you, your on a cruise yay

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hurricane0226 said:

when you are enjoying you guys burger, then it will hit you, your on a cruise yay

It's the Mardi Gras with a million different food choices. haha.  It's going to be a tough choice of where to start this time.  I am determined to try something new every day.

Edited by TNcruising02

2 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

It's the Mardi Gras with a million different food choices. haha.  It's going to be a tough choice of where to start this time.  I am determined to try something new every day.

good for you, just save some for us, we will be on Mardi Gras in November, Thanksgiving.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, twangster said:

MG-7-29-21-1.jpg

MG-7-29-21-2.jpg

MG-7-29-21-3.jpg

MG-7-29-21-4.jpg

MG-7-29-21-5.jpg

MG-7-29-21-6.jpg

MG-7-29-21-7.jpg

MG-7-29-21-8.jpg

MG-7-29-21-9.jpg

MG-7-29-21-10.jpg

MG-7-29-21-11.jpg

MG-7-29-21-12.jpg

MG-7-29-21-13.jpg

MG-7-29-21-14.jpg

MG-7-29-21-15.jpg

MG-7-29-21-16.jpg

MG-7-29-21-17.jpg

MG-7-29-21-18.jpg

MG-7-29-21-19.jpg

MG-7-29-21-20.jpg

MG-7-29-21-21.jpg

You will be on the 21st of August sailing? Wooohooo Same, Also love your pictures.