Equinox Aug 1, embarkation

cangelmd

9 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

That could be fun.

I love listening to radio traffic in busy airports and ports. I'm weird like that!  🙂

The Equinox was ready to drop lines at 6:00 sharp with tugs in place to assist -- but the bridge made it clear to the the Harbormaster that they were waiting for passengers to disembark. The bridge called the HM several times to give them an update, stating once that passengers were refusing to leave. Finally around 6:25, the bridge reported that that pax were "finally in an elevator and getting off". Then the port staff communicated that the "private transport to the hospital" had just left. 

It was a beautiful sailaway, and I hope all onboard have a fabulous relaxing week. ☀️

Edited by NengEuis
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NengEuis said:

I love listening to radio traffic in busy airports and ports. I'm weird like that!  🙂

The Equinox was ready to drop lines at 6:00 sharp with tugs in place to assist -- but the bridge made it clear to the the Harbormaster that they were waiting for passengers to disembark. The bridge called the HM several times to give them an update, stating once that passengers were refusing to leave. Finally around 6:25, the bridge reported that that pax were "finally in an elevator and getting off". Then the port staff communicated that the "private transport to the hospital" had just left. 

It was a beautiful sailaway, and I hope all onboard have a fabulous relaxing week. ☀️

I don't think it's weird at all.  It's entertaining and educational.  I use the WebCams and find them relaxing just to watch with the sea sounds in the background.  I'll definitely check out the radio chatter.  Thanks.

• Like 2

Alert to Ken - the Chefs Table might be back on. I’ll let you know when it reappears in our cruise planner and I’m certain.

After dinner tonight we were chased down by a gentleman who I think may be the Murano maitre d. He said Chefs Rable was back on, last night, and he wanted to see if we were still interested because our account had already been credited and there was a waitlist. We said we were still interested, just need to cancel the Murano reservation we had made to substitute. We can only do so many big multi-

course meals in a week

2 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

Alert to Ken - the Chefs Table might be back on. I’ll let you know when it reappears in our cruise planner and I’m certain.

After dinner tonight we were chased down by a gentleman who I think may be the Murano maitre d. He said Chefs Rable was back on, last night, and he wanted to see if we were still interested because our account had already been credited and there was a waitlist. We said we were still interested, just need to cancel the Murano reservation we had made to substitute. We can only do so many big multi-

course meals in a week

Enjoy!

I’m trying desperately to explain diagnostic tests without you! So far so mostly good!

6 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

course meals in a week

Is this the Daniel Boulud dinner?  Thank you.

Edited by zitsky

Just now, markeb said:

Enjoy!

I’m trying desperately to explain diagnostic tests without you! So far so mostly good!

Keep the faith! I was actually miffed that I couldn’t see their testing set-up. My long suffering husband said when we thought we were going to have to get tested at the pier - you should tell them you are doing a surprise CAP inspection and get tested first! I said I thought of that, but this testing would probably not fall under CLIA, because it’s not done for patient care purposes or charged to Medicare, oh well.

• Haha 1

Hi!  Thank You for posting information and pictures for all of us while you are on vacation.

I'll be on the Equinox in a few months so I especially enjoy the current Equinox trip reports.    

Have a wonderful trip!   😃

🍹 

1 hour ago, cltnccruisers said:

How has the wi-fi performance been on board.  Any quirks of concerns?  Better at certain times of day? This will be the first time I've brought my laptop on a cruise.

Laptop for work or pleasure?

2 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

How has the wi-fi performance been on board.  Any quirks of concerns?  Better at certain times of day? This will be the first time I've brought my laptop on a cruise.

The Wi-Fi on the Edge (July 24th sailing) was terrible. I had to upgrade to the streaming package and that was spotty at times. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Laptop for work or pleasure?

A little follow up.  Theoretically I may want to take 2 laptops - personal and work.  I recall seeing something about 1 device per cabin.  I wonder if that means 1 device connected or 1 device overall.  Meaning, could I use my personal for a while then disconnect and use my work without some crazy charge.