Live Horizon/Mardi Gras B2B 8/1-8/7and 8/7-814

jimbo5544

Following along.  We have been contemplating a cruise on Horizon, but don't want to drive to Miami, even though I grew up there.  Traffic is so bad.  We don't head to Ft. Lauderdale as much as we did, either.  It would take a special itinerary/ship for us to drive that far.  Enjoy your cruises!   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

Following along.  We have been contemplating a cruise on Horizon, but don't want to drive to Miami, even though I grew up there.  Traffic is so bad.  We don't head to Ft. Lauderdale as much as we did, either.  It would take a special itinerary/ship for us to drive that far.  Enjoy your cruises!   

In my opinion, Horizon is special. Well worth the drive from Charleston for me. I’d do it again in an instant. Dunno if it’s because I haven’t cruised since 2019 or what, but it was special. The crew was amazing, the layout is amazing, the Havana area is amazing, so much seating everywhere. Loved it. Food was pretty meh though, but I don’t blame the ship for that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

So the Journey continues.  It has been 550 + days since we last sailed on a Carnival ship (1/6/2020 Legend).  Come join us as we try to complete our b2b and with homeports 150 miles apart.  We are boarding today on the Horizon and when we get off we will go airport rent a car and drive to Port Canaveral and hopefully hop on the 2nd sailing of the Mardi Gras.   

All this comes after spending a day on the Mardi Gras this past Friday.  

Please follow along!

Ha you are on the legend sailing after mine

Another question: Were you able to check in before your boarding time? I have priority boarding on my boarding docs (which apparently the excel suite guests have, but diamond, platinum, etc. do not) so I am wondering if that means I can get there prior to my 1 pm boarding time. 

55 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Another question: Were you able to check in before your boarding time? I have priority boarding on my boarding docs (which apparently the excel suite guests have, but diamond, platinum, etc. do not) so I am wondering if that means I can get there prior to my 1 pm boarding time. 

I do not know.  It was clear at both terminals that there was separate check ins for suite guests only.  As to our check in today we came early and it was not an issue.  That said, we dis not board any earlier. Hope this helps.