Live Horizon/Mardi Gras B2B 8/1-8/7and 8/7-814

jimbo5544

So the Journey continues.  It has been 550 + days since we last sailed on a Carnival ship (1/6/2020 Legend).  Come join us as we try to complete our b2b and with homeports 150 miles apart.  We are boarding today on the Horizon and when we get off we will go airport rent a car and drive to Port Canaveral and hopefully hop on the 2nd sailing of the Mardi Gras.   

All this comes after spending a day on the Mardi Gras this past Friday.  

Please follow along!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Hey Jimbo! Looking forward to your adventures. We will be on the Horizon in 20 days, and the Mardi Gras in April so very interested in your experiences. That's quite a ride between ports (213 miles), but doable. The farthest we've ever done same day was from Port Canaveral to Jacksonville, which was 162 miles, about 2 1/2 hours. Have a great time! 😎

• Like 8

46 minutes ago, kskelley40 said:

I am trying to plan our door decorations....can you check and see if magnets will work on the cabin door please?

Thanks....have a great time.  We are doing a B2B on her in September.

On Horizon or mardi gras?

36 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Hey Jimbo! Looking forward to your adventures. We will be on the Horizon in 20 days, and the Mardi Gras in April so very interested in your experiences. That's quite a ride between ports (213 miles), but doable. The farthest we've ever done same day was from Port Canaveral to Jacksonville, which was 162 miles, about 2 1/2 hours. Have a great time! 😎

The bride is very nervous a out it butwhT the he k, part of the journey

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JaniceB said:

Looking forward to following your journey on these 2 ships.  How long was your wait at checkin?

Kind of a long winded answer.  We were supposed to have 12:30 check in as originally we were flying in day of (not my choice).  Since we did the Mardi Gras event we do e over from Ft myers and ended up at terminal at 10:40.  They added the Covid check in up front, maybe 15 minutes.  Then 15 minutes for check in.  It is now 12:50 and the ship is noticeably light.  I just looked out and see the lines outside  waiting to get in.  

55 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

On most Carnival ships, Guy's would be my first food stop (embarkation lunch).

Jim - any idea yet as to what you're contemplating for embarkation lunch on the MG ? I'm leaning towards Emeril's.

Tom

Loved what I sampled from there, i’m in!

• Like 1

So they ha ve been pushing the new muster, which went well.  Everyone needs to be done before sailing.   To incite the crowd, they suspended purchases on sign Nd sail till we get there (for those not done).  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

So they ha ve been pushing the new muster, which went well.  Everyone needs to be done before sailing.   To incite the crowd, they suspended purchases on sign Nd sail till we get there (for those not done).  

That'll motivate people (like getting yelled at coming back to the ship late) !!

Tom

• Like 1
  • Haha 1