Passenger Selection

cruzfiend

1 hour ago, cruzfiend said:

Has anyone been contacted about their sailing to opt out? I just wonder if they need to have fewer passengers how do they achieve this?

It's my understanding that they've controlled availability to prevent any need for this.  Even later sailings (holiday) where X hopes to achieve 100% aren't being booked at higher capacities yet ( per my TA).

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Most of the current sailing are new not ones that would booked previously so they could control capacity when bookings opened. 

How would they control capacity in case of the older sailings. We are on the Equinox 8/15. Booked that one in another era.

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

How would they control capacity in case of the older sailings. We are on the Equinox 8/15. Booked that one in another era.

We are also on the 8/15 Equinox sailing and I was told, when we booked, (over a year ago) that the cruise was almost a sellout.  I have questioned this numerous times and never gotten an answer.  Perhaps many have just cancelled.

• Like 1

From my travel agent “they will contact the people who are not vaccinated (I don’t know how they will know this) , and give them the option to switch to another date.

Apparently they are still offering the “ cruise with confidence “ if you want to cancel.

18 hours ago, canderson said:

They' will probably assume based upon whether you upload your vacc info on the site.

Though I found it heard to believe, there is no place to upload vaccine info in X's online check in. (I've recently completed two).

Earlier this summer X agents were calling passengers to ask if they would be willing to show their vaccination cards and if you said yes, they noted that in your reservation. Also, some TA's were calling their clients to ask this question, then notifying X.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Though I found it heard to believe, there is no place to upload vaccine info in X's online check in. (I've recently completed two).

Earlier this summer X agents were calling passengers to ask if they would be willing to show their vaccination cards and if you said yes, they noted that in your reservation. Also, some TA's were calling their clients to ask this question, then notifying X.

Not scanned along with passport during online check-in?

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

Not scanned along with passport during online check-in?

No, Passports and vaccination cards are photographed at the port just prior to boarding.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

But no opportunity to scan along with passport data at ONLINE check-in?  Seems they missed a bet there.  I haven't gone through the 'new' online process yet (won't for another couple of months), so haven't seen the new form that gets filled out online.  Only knew that scanning and uploading documents was part of the process.

8 minutes ago, canderson said:

But no opportunity to scan along with passport data at ONLINE check-in?  Seems they missed a bet there.  I haven't gone through the 'new' online process yet (won't for another couple of months), so haven't seen the new form that gets filled out online.  Only knew that scanning and uploading documents was part of the process.

No.

Imho, X wants to see/verify the actual vaccination cards and passports. No telling how long this process will be in place.

The check in procedures were the same for my Edge cruise on July 17 from FLL and my upcoming Silhouette cruise from the UK. No place to upload these 2 documents.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Thanks 1