August 8th allure

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

If enough islands say no you might just end up with Cruises to Perfect Day, Labadee and Mexico for RC.  Other lines might not be as lucky as they do not have 2 private islands.  

If it actually gets to that point cruises come to a halt again as they have no where to sail too.

That is how I read it.  They don't want the ship in port if anyone on board has not been vaccinated.  They want to lessen their risk.

Probably not Haiti either with the unrest, some ships have already had that removed from their itinerary.

I am on the August 22nd Allure cruise, and we just got the same email. 

You will not be allowed to board if you are 12 or over and can not provide proof of vaccination. 

• Like 1

Got the same letter for our Sept 19 Allure cruise, stopping in St. Thomas.  It's pretty clear (at this point) that they still plan to stop in St. Thomas and will require all 12+ to be vaxxed to even be allowed to board in Port Canaveral.  No idea if that will be a short or long term solution, or if it will even hold for our Sept 19 cruise.  As the great Ferris Bueller once said, "Life moves pretty fast".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrapps said:

I realize that the USVI is not a "state", but it is a US territory.

When states have laws that conflict with one another, Federal Law takes precedent. Does federal law take precedent here? Well that is for the courts to decide. Many on this forum have said all along that this law can not apply to cruise ships as federal maritime laws take precedent.

Only time will tell.

But for some people time is getting short.

14 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Got the same letter for our Sept 19 Allure cruise, stopping in St. Thomas.  It's pretty clear (at this point) that they still plan to stop in St. Thomas and will require all 12+ to be vaxxed to even be allowed to board in Port Canaveral.  No idea if that will be a short or long term solution, or if it will even hold for our Sept 19 cruise.  As the great Ferris Bueller once said, "Life moves pretty fast".

Sounds like welcomed news to me.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sounds like welcomed news to me.

Definitely.  Would be even more welcomed if this could somehow allow my cruise to sail under the 95%+ guidelines (assuming we'll be >95% vaxxed...could still be a lot of kids onboard).  And yes, yes, yes...before anyone gets all huffy...I've seen your messages about how Allure is a <95% vaxxed ship in the CDC's eyes.  I can still dream.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Definitely.  Would be even more welcomed if this could somehow allow my cruise to sail under the 95%+ guidelines (assuming we'll be >95% vaxxed...could still be a lot of kids onboard).  And yes, yes, yes...before anyone gets all huffy...I've seen your messages about how Allure is a <95% vaxxed ship in the CDC's eyes.  I can still dream.

RCI needs to keep things simple.... Everyone old enough to be vaxxed needs to be and we will relax the rule when it is aporopriate to do so.

The End.😇

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

RCI needs to keep things simple.... Everyone old enough to be vaxxed needs to be and we will relax the rule when it is aporopriate to do so.

The End.😇

Fully agree.  This also allows them to stay consistent with their family friendly approach.  All ages can cruise...just those who can be vaxxed must be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeanD said:

If it actually gets to that point cruises come to a halt again as they have no where to sail too.

I would be perfectly happy just to sit and spin...been everywhere no need to go again. I just love cruisin!  And bein on the Big Blue.

sunsetdaytwosuncolors_zpsa2502cd2.jpg

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, DeanD said:

Could you get a second vaccine in the next few days for one or the other of what you've had to meet the requirements?

Our province won't allow us to have a 3rd dose yet.  Believe me, I've tried to find a way to do it in order to qualify for the cruise.  I'm currently on the phone asking what our options are going forward.  This will be the 3rd cancelled cruise for us.  Very disappointed considering I'm actually fully vaccinated but considered not.

17 minutes ago, archer_310 said:

Our province won't allow us to have a 3rd dose yet.  Believe me, I've tried to find a way to do it in order to qualify for the cruise.  I'm currently on the phone asking what our options are going forward.  This will be the 3rd cancelled cruise for us.  Very disappointed considering I'm actually fully vaccinated but considered not.

Could you travel somewhere to get it done?  Could you pay OOP for it?

One of our other provinces is possibly offering 3rd doses, but not to citizens of other provinces as far as I know.  I can't cross the border as the US border is closed even though I live 30 minutes from it.  I have until Sunday to figure this out.

1 hour ago, archer_310 said:

One of our other provinces is possibly offering 3rd doses, but not to citizens of other provinces as far as I know.  I can't cross the border as the US border is closed even though I live 30 minutes from it.  I have until Sunday to figure this out.

Good luck, I hope it works out for you but it doesn't sound promising.  I would suspect it's cost prohibitive to fly to the US to get another dose but it would be a potential option would it not?  I also assume that there is no way to get it privately in your area.  

4 hours ago, DeanD said:

Good luck, I hope it works out for you but it doesn't sound promising.  I would suspect it's cost prohibitive to fly to the US to get another dose but it would be a potential option would it not?  I also assume that there is no way to get it privately in your area.  

Wouldn't even know where to start on that.  Plus I'd need a covid test to fly to the US, then a covid test to fly back to Canada.  Time + $.  I'm tired.  Soooo close again.  Our first cruise was cancelled the night before we were to sail - that's what started it all.  Now it's happening again.

has the 08/08 Allure sailing been cancelled?  seen on our Aug 15th roll call that an email went out to some folks saying the 08/08 and 08/22 cruises have been cancelled, but it does show the ship....... confusion abounds

1 hour ago, daninwi said:

has the 08/08 Allure sailing been cancelled?  seen on our Aug 15th roll call that an email went out to some folks saying the 08/08 and 08/22 cruises have been cancelled, but it does show the ship....... confusion abounds

It is not canceled. We are on that cruise. Everyone over 12 will be vaxed 

Just read this on the 22nd roll call:

Not a HAPPY CAMPER 🤬with Royal today.  Just got an email saying that our cabin is being changed due to social distancing.  We were on deck 10 forward on the starboard side ocean view.  Just hope they don't stick us down on deck 6 Central Park view.  Maybe we will get luck and get an upgrade to JS or above that would be sweet.  Guess we will have to wait a couple days and find out where they will put us.

Looks like now they are even pulling the ole switcheroo on people.  If they tried this on my sailing I'd really have to talk to Resolutions about putting us in a JS instead of just a 4D.