Vista Passenger reporting + covid cases/immediate masking

ScottsSweetie

37 minutes ago, vivian02 said:

Here is an interesting thought...... I just returned from a wonderful Alaska cruise on Princess. There are other ships sailing other than Princess and all passengers must be vaccinated before boarding their ships. So far I have heard nothing of anyone carrying the virus from those cruises. Is it possible you are at risk sailing out of other States?

The cruises out of the US ports, other than Washington, are sailing with some unvaccinated passengers.  Those passengers must have a covid test before coming back to the US.  It's mandatory testing.  On the Princess cruise, were there any mandatory tests?  If not, then people will never know if someone has covid with mild to no symptoms.  With the mandatory testing of the unvaccinated, then when there is a positive it has a chain reaction to the testing of an entire family.

22 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

I have been thinking the same thing. I am not following the stats that well but I do understand that the vaccination rates in Florida are low, and the number of cases are high.

Where I live our schools were closed a long time and the reasoning was because the cases in the community was high. People weren't getting Covid at school but it was being transmitted from kids at school to their family members. (when schools closed cased went down).

I know this is not a popular statement but perhaps all the cases out of Texas and Florida are because of the amount of Covid in those states.

There really only seems to be a handful of cases.  Have there been more than 20 on any ship?  I just don't see it being a huge problem right now.  However, traveling to the port is very risky as far as exposure.  I think it was a smart move to require testing for everyone before boarding.   That will help since vaccinated people are getting covid and can bring it on a ship.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, K_e_short said:

I have been thinking the same thing. I am not following the stats that well but I do understand that the vaccination rates in Florida are low, and the number of cases are high.

Where I live our schools were closed a long time and the reasoning was because the cases in the community was high. People weren't getting Covid at school but it was being transmitted from kids at school to their family members. (when schools closed cased went down).

I know this is not a popular statement but perhaps all the cases out of Texas and Florida are because of the amount of Covid in those states.

Vaccination rates in Florida are anything but low: 18 - 64 is 64%  65 & over is 99%.  18 to 64 is solidly top 50% of all states and obviously at 99% 65 and over is about as good as it can possibly be.  Not sure where or when you got your info, but it is either outdated or just plain bad data.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, vivian02 said:

Here is an interesting thought...... I just returned from a wonderful Alaska cruise on Princess. There are other ships sailing other than Princess and all passengers must be vaccinated before boarding their ships. So far I have heard nothing of anyone carrying the virus from those cruises. Is it possible you are at risk sailing out of other States?

Interesting since the cruise ship color reporting has reported covid investigations on all ships that have sailed, including Princess

23 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Yes its confirmed. John heald gave the official statement carnival is handling a small outbreak of covid.

No numbers. Saying a small outbreak sounds worse to me when the news picks it up and makes it sound worse. 

it must be top secret at carnival headquarters. that is disgusting 

• Like 1

On 8/7/2021 at 2:16 PM, firefly333 said:

I dont think its straight forward at all. Can you say for sure I cant get into my car and drive home?

I'm waiting for a real live example of yes or no. This is just your opinion based on what you believe.

Im parking close to the port so I can walk to my car and live alone. Im hoping for more than opinions. Guesses. Nothing says we cant drive home that I have read. This is vista out of Galveston a drive to mostly port, not miami.

We have a short Carnival cruise scheduled out of New Orleans with a final payment in 1 month. I'd sure like to hear something on that also. We are vaccinated, understand we need some sort of COVID test before we board (not sure what test or where), and plan to wear masks nearly all the time we are indoors except for our cabin. I do NOT want to have to be quarantined! It's too huge an expense and too disruptive to responsibilities at home. So require info on what would happen should I test positive before disembarking the ship; that's information I will need to make a decision to pay or not pay my final payment. As it is I will lose $250 (my cruise deposit and Carnival's "trip insurance" I've already paid). I know I could always cancel at the last minute before boarding the ship, but then all I'd get would be a FCC worth 75% of the cost of my cruise. Not sure that's worth much at the rate things are going!😳

Doug

22 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

We have a short Carnival cruise scheduled out of New Orleans with a final payment in 1 month. I'd sure like to hear something on that also. We are vaccinated, understand we need some sort of COVID test before we board (not sure what test or where), and plan to wear masks nearly all the time we are indoors except for our cabin. I do NOT want to have to be quarantined! It's too huge an expense and too disruptive to responsibilities at home. So require info on what would happen should I test positive before disembarking the ship; that's information I will need to make a decision to pay or not pay my final payment. As it is I will lose $250 (my cruise deposit and Carnival's "trip insurance" I've already paid). I know I could always cancel at the last minute before boarding the ship, but then all I'd get would be a FCC worth 75% of the cost of my cruise. Not sure that's worth much at the rate things are going!😳

Doug

Yes, that’s the question that needs addressing.

We know some people have been flown home via private plane from foreign ports.

We know at least one family was required to quarantine after returning to a domestic port. That family had flown in and would not have been allowed to fly home; however, they were not allowed ground transportation either. They were confined to a hotel contracted for that purpose.

Some people think they will drive themselves home if they drove to the port. There is no indication that will be allowed according to what I’ve read in the CSO. The Carnival website says only that you may have to quarantine before returning home. There are still a lot of unknowns, and we may have to wait until we get more reports of what happens in actual practice.

Edited by Babr