Questions about Excel Suites, Mardi Gras, and PC

Eli_6

Q1: Do the excel suite prices include wifi?  I recall that they included Bubbles and laundry and Loft 19, but now I can't seem to find what all the suites include as perks and the Carnival website is giving me fits. Maybe too many people trying to rebook or cancel. Although, I have satellite internet where I am at right now and it is cloudy so it may be on my end, too.  

Q2: My husband is saying that "priority boarding" on our boarding pass means that we only get to go first in our boarding time and have our own line. Apparently only the boarding passes for suites say priority and diamond and platinum say "diamond" or "platinum." My travel agent and people on Facebook who have already been on a CCL cruise since the restart and been in a suite say it means we can show up at 10:30 and board first regardless of our "boarding time."  But then I started to wonder, were they able to board first because they had a 10:30 a.m. boarding time?  Mine is 1 pm because I booked after 14 days before.  I tried to call Carnival to ask and obviously that was an exercise in futility given the current situation with so many canceling.

Q3: Are there any good eateries in Port Canaveral within walking distance of the Country Inn and Suites by Radisson?   

Q4: Do you think for a woman black slacks and a nice blouse is okay for the Lobster/Formal nights? I normally wear a cocktail dress, but all of my cocktail dresses are in storage and probably too small anyway as I have gained weight since my last cruise. I am redoing my house and most of my belongings are in a storage unit 2.5 hours away from where I am currently living and the only place to buy clothes where I am currently living (town of ~200) is the dollar store.  I had plans to go dig them out at some point over the summer, but it didn't happen. And now I leave tomorrow.

I had another question, but now I can't recall what it was...

I leave tomorrow and am oddly nervous.  I feel like a teenager on a first date. 

15 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

My travel agent and people on Facebook who have already been on a CCL cruise since the restart and been in a suite say it means we can show up at 10:30 and board first regardless of our "boarding time."  But then I started to wonder, were they able to board first because they had a 10:30 a.m. boarding time?  Mine is 1 pm because I booked after 14 days before.  I tried to call Carnival to ask and obviously that was an exercise in futility given the current situation with so many canceling.

Q3: Are there any good eateries in Port Canaveral within walking distance of the Country Inn and Suites by Radisson?   

I know you asked before and didnt like the answers so asking again if suites can budge the line and ignore their boarding slot. I havent read they can, and you say in the last week or so you havent been able to ask carnival or john h. Everything I read says show up at your time, maybe tom of @Tom&Cherylcan help you.

Lol I stayed at that hotel and all I remember was a McDonalds across and a gas station, nothing I saw close enough to walk to. Hopefully if you look on google maps it will show you something better.

I dont remember reading suites get laundry but since platinum gets it maybe I wasnt paying attention, just dont remember that as a suite perk. Yes you get loft19 but not the cabanas, they are extra.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I know you asked before and didnt like the answers so asking again if suites can budge the line and ignore their boarding slot. I havent read they can, and you say in the last week or so you havent been able to ask carnival or john h. Everything I read says show up at your time, maybe tom of @Tom&Cherylcan help you.

Lol I stayed at that hotel and all I remember was a McDonalds across and a gas station, nothing I saw close enough to walk to. Hopefully if you look on google maps it will show you something better.

I dont remember reading suites get laundry but since platinum gets it maybe I wasnt paying attention, just dont remember that as a suite perk. Yes you get loft19 but not the cabanas, they are extra.

I was finally able to find the part on the website about the excel suite perks and they do get laundry but not wifi so trying to buy it now.  Unfortunately, the website is giving me fits. 

I actually did change my reservations to have a hotel near the port because of people saying that I couldn't get there early on here, but then someone on one of the Carnival Facebook page was posting from the suite boarding area and said that suites did get priority boarding...and several others chimed in saying the same. So that is what has me confused. I have to admit, it seems rather strange to me that Carnival would put PRIORITY on my boarding pass and that would not mean anything. 

41 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Q1: Do the excel suite prices include wifi?  I recall that they included Bubbles and laundry and Loft 19, but now I can't seem to find what all the suites include as perks and the Carnival website is giving me fits. Maybe too many people trying to rebook or cancel. Although, I have satellite internet where I am at right now and it is cloudy so it may be on my end, too.  

They don't include WiFi (they should, but they don't... this is Carnival, LOL).

Here's the list of amenities and perks w/Excel suites:

Suite Amenities and Perks for: Carnival Excel Presidential Suite (SV) | Carnival Excel Aft Suite (LS) | Carnival Excel Corner Suite (KS) | Carnival Excel Suite (DS)
  • Access to Thermal Suites and Havana Pool (Presidential Suite Only!)
  • Complimentary access to Loft 19, plus priority cabana reservations
  • Dedicated concierge phone line
  • Guaranteed Main Dining Room time assignment (Early, Late or Your Time Dining)
  • Guaranteed reservations at most specialty dining spots, when reserved 24 hours prior
  • Sparkling wine and fruit bowl upon arrival
  • Bottomless Bubbles soft drink package
  • Complimentary room service
  • Upgraded bathroom amenities
  • Complimentary on-demand movies
  • Complimentary laundry service
  • Priority check-in and express boarding
  • Priority debarkation at all ports including the home port
  • Two coplimentary in-suite large bottles of water (not sure I want to know what that is!!)
  • Pillow-top mattresses
  • Bathrobes
  • Soft, cozy linens (Carnival Comfort Collection®)

Q2: My husband is saying that "priority boarding" on our boarding pass means that we only get to go first in our boarding time and have our own line. Apparently only the boarding passes for suites say priority and diamond and platinum say "diamond" or "platinum." My travel agent and people on Facebook who have already been on a CCL cruise since the restart and been in a suite say it means we can show up at 10:30 and board first regardless of our "boarding time."  But then I started to wonder, were they able to board first because they had a 10:30 a.m. boarding time?  Mine is 1 pm because I booked after 14 days before.  I tried to call Carnival to ask and obviously that was an exercise in futility given the current situation with so many canceling.

I'm a bit confused with the whole "Priority" designation. I'm not sure what it means in regular times, nor right now.

I'd guess arriving earlier than your designated time would likely result in being turned away - but I have no idea. Our sailing on Saturday will be the first turnaround for the Mardi Gras and the first turnaround in a brand new terminal, with staff that has not worked in over a year. So - no telling what kind of things we're going to encounter!

I leave tomorrow and am oddly nervous.  I feel like a teenager on a first date. 

It's all GOOD   !!!   🙂

Tom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Suite Amenities and Perks for: Carnival Excel Presidential Suite (SV) | Carnival Excel Aft Suite (LS) | Carnival Excel Corner Suite (KS) | Carnival Excel Suite (DS)
  • Guaranteed reservations at most specialty dining spots, when reserved 24 hours prior
  • Two coplimentary in-suite large bottles of water (not sure I want to know what that is!!)
  • Pillow-top mattresses
  • Bathrobes

I'm a bit confused with the whole "Priority" designation. I'm not sure what it means in regular times, nor right now.

I'd guess arriving earlier than your designated time would likely result in being turned away - but I have no idea. Our sailing on Saturday will be the first turnaround for the Mardi Gras and the first turnaround in a brand new terminal, with staff that has not worked in over a year. So - no telling what kind of things we're going to encounter!

It's all GOOD   !!!   🙂

Tom

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

• Two coplimentary in-suite large bottles of water
  • Pillow-top mattresses
  • Bathrobes

I'd guess arriving earlier than your designated time, would likely result in being turned away - but I have no idea. Our sailing on Saturday will be the first turnaround for the Mardi Gras and the first turnaround in a brand new terminal, with staff that has not worked in over a year. So - no telling what kind of things we're going to encounter!

It's all GOOD   !!!   🙂

Tom

Thanks. I thought if anyone knew you would and I do know suites have a waiting area inside the terminal just for them. No one else. Marked suites.

Platinum and diamond still get some priority for tender ports ... but then john says depends on demand as a lot of gamblers onboard so lots of priority.

It is confusing. 

Whatever you wear its carnival. You will look great. Quit worrying.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

Thanks @Tom-n-Cheryl!  As always, very helpful. Thanks to everyone else, too!

Black slacks and an assortment of pretty tops of your choosing will absolutely and easily cover your evening wear. You will see people in shorts and T-shirts on elegant nights, possibly even in the dining rooms. 

Also the dollar stores actually have some sundresses and slightly dressy tops these days that are fine. I don’t think they’re exactly statement pieces but they will get you through a week long cruise on this line. Honestly that’s why most of us choose Carnival. There are always a few suits and gowns but it’s far from the standard.

Edited by KmomChicago
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

...There are always a few suits and gowns but it’s far from the standard.

Early on in our cruising career, I'd rent a tux onboard. After a few times doing this, I purchased one. Wore it on many sailings, bought another. Then there was a distinct change in the way people would dress, even on "elegant" or formal nights. Finally threw in the towel and now dress pretty much the same each evening - though veering towards black on the dressier evenings.

You won't catch me in a t-shirt or shorts for dinner, but I'll be comfortable (much more than during the tux days)!

Tom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Early on in our cruising career, I'd rent a tux onboard. After a few times doing this, I purchased one. Wore it on many sailings, bought another. Then there was a distinct change in the way people would dress, even on "elegant" or formal nights. Finally threw in the towel and now dress pretty much the same each evening - though veering towards black on the dressier evenings.

You won't catch me in a t-shirt or shorts for dinner, but I'll be comfortable (much more than during the tux days)!

Tom

My husband owns his own tux.  He also doesn't fit in it anymore. 🤣😂 This past year-and-a-half has been tough on the waistline.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Oh, and John got back with me and said suites can board early. 

Left out at 6 a.m. this morning for Houston.  I am taking my boys to "popsicles at the playground" at their school (a pre-school year event) then flying out at 2 p.m.  

• Like 1

Just now, Eli_6 said:

Left out at 6 a.m. this morning for Houston.  I am taking my boys to "popsicles at the playground" at their school (a pre-school year event) then flying out at 2 p.m.  

Not with my boys, though.  My in-laws are going to be watching then.  

2 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Safe travels!  Still up for the Cabin Crawl on Sunday?

Tom

• Like 1

I’m more familiar with Gators, Rustys and Grills, the three restaurants at the port itself, which are all tasty and fun.  Grills, in particular, has some great spicy Bahamian chowder — or at least did back in 2012 before I moved out of state.

But I can tell you that both Kelsey’s and Thai Thai are Orlando/Merritt Island/Rockledge regional chains that have been around a long time and have tons of loyal fans. So there’s three recommendations (including McD; I ain’t ashamed!) out of five showing up here. Food in Central Florida tends to be pretty good, of course, so any of them would be low-risk.

107F162F-374E-4142-97D6-D583C3CEE3E6.png

Edited by Noami
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Tom

Yup, our tux and sequin sparkles are gathering dust in the closet, at least until we go on Celebrity or Princess again, they still tend to dress up more. 

We just returned from an Excel Aft and I can confirm that Wi-Fi is not included.  We were able to arrive before our time (it accidentally got bumped from the earliest 10:30 to 12:00 due to a technical glitch, but we were greeted immediately early.)  The lounge is reserved for suite guests only, they were not allowing platinum/diamond guests there.  This wasn't problematic as we walked right onto the ship.

55 minutes ago, SonoranDevil said:

The lounge is reserved for suite guests only, they were not allowing platinum/diamond guests there.  This wasn't problematic as we walked right onto the ship.

Can you confirm if ALL suites were allowed in the priority area or just Excel suites?

1 hour ago, RoperDK said:

Can you confirm if ALL suites were allowed in the priority area or just Excel suites?

The signage didn't distinguish Excel from other suite guests.  I can't confirm with much certainty as we simply walked onto the ship.

• Thanks 1

On 8/8/2021 at 2:16 PM, SonoranDevil said:

...  The lounge is reserved for suite guests only, they were not allowing platinum/diamond guests there.  This wasn't problematic as we walked right onto the ship.

Especially right now, if they opened it up to platinum and diamond guests, the place would fill up.

We also boarded following check in, no need for the lounge (nobody was in there).

Tom

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Especially right now, if they opened it up to platinum and diamond guests, the place would fill up.

We also boarded following check in, no need for the lounge (nobody was in there).

Tom

Enjoy the cruise Tom and Cheryl!  I figure by now you realize there were no coffee makers in the rooms!

• Haha 1