Be careful and read all the terms before submitting a ES price drop

firefly333

My breeze leg dropped in price so I submitted the price drop, and it came back within 10 or 15 minutes, right away. Great. Said I owed another $25 deposit. Clicked and clicked to pay it, nothing. I had a reduced deposit of $50 and new rate had a reduced deposit of $75.

Now it says cancelled. .. be still my beating heart. Hopefully they can get back my booking tomorrow, but no 24 hour phone number I see.

Anyone have a 24 hour phone number? 

• Like 1

Just now, re-re said:

Can you put a 24hr hold on your room until you can get someone on the phone?

I put a 3 day hold on my cabin. I saw it is back open to book. Yikes. Nothing like seeing the cabin you selected open for booking. 

I sure hope I can get thru after reading all these people who are cancelling cant get thru. Feeling panicked. Surely they will fix it I'm telling myself. 

I thought it could take a week or two to hear back not a few minutes. First time I ever used the form.,

40 minutes ago, mondello said:

From what I've seen of her previous posts, she usually does use a TA.

The price is so low he said why not book it myself. He did book the other 2 with cheers. Vista is no bargain, but has rebooking obc. Both btrrzes were good and then another better deal came along I had to pass up. My ta said what carnival paid him for this bargain booking wasnt worth it. So I booked it myself.

Dream was 499 plus tax solo for a 1a plus fees and taxes, 8 days to half moon cay. Now same price is 499, then 479, ..for sept 25. I'd love to do it rather than breeze, but non refundable. 8 days for sept 25 solo 479 down from 499, plus taxes wasnt sold out yet. The being out of the country within 14 days doesnt work for me, but I'd have switched if I could in a heart beat. The deals just get better for solo.

I cant reprice vista or first breeze or I'd lose cheers so they ar special too.

I'm on hold btw and praying I dont get cut off. And that I get someone who can cancel me. If it takes 2 hours I'm stuck here, gotta fix this. Message says the wait is longer than usual.

Edited by firefly333

2 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I hope you can get it all worked out!

Thanks it almost wasnt worth it to save only $20. Got hung up on and tried the other phone for pvps  and got someone, though not my old pvp who seems gone.

New booking number, refilled I am vaccinated.. hope I'm good now. A morning I wouldn't get back lol

• Like 3

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm on hold btw and praying I dont get cut off. And that I get someone who can cancel me. If it takes 2 hours I'm stuck here, gotta fix this. Message says the wait is longer than usual.

Wait is "longer than usual" has become standard. I've laughed at times when I hear that and then it is interrupted by someone answering. I usually get a book to read while waiting. I've even come back with my book and realized that the background music is gone and there is someone who answered while I was getting my book. (None of those quick experiences happened while calling a cruise line.)

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Thanks it almost wasnt worth it to save only $20. Got hung up on and tried the other phone for pvps  and got someone, though not my old pvp who seems gone.

New booking number, refilled I am vaccinated.. hope I'm good now. A morning I wouldn't get back lol

Ugh! Sorry this happened, but glad it's all fixed now!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Wait is "longer than usual" has become standard. I've laughed at times when I hear that and then it is interrupted by someone answering. I usually get a book to read while waiting. I've even come back with my book and realized that the background music is gone and there is someone who answered while I was getting my book. (None of those quick experiences happened while calling a cruise line.)

No none of the quick answers. About 40 minutes in first time I was cut off but no one was there. Tried emailing my old pvp in case she came back and left 3 phone messages. But that gave me another 800 number to call. At least I did finally get thru. She said a computer does the price matching forms

Yep, I've had something almost happen like this.  I had an ES with reduced deposit and the price I was matching to had a regular deposit.  I was assured that I didn't owe anything else, but I remembered someone else's warning on here about this.  Called back the next day and the person was like, yep, you owe more.  So luckily my booking didn't get cancelled.  

This is a good reminder!

Anytime you open a booking, it reprices. If whatever special you booked under isn't still available, the deposit can change, you can lose OBC, the taxes certainly, etc. Some people just look at the price of the cruise without considering the total cost.

I always check with Carnival to see what I might lose or what I might have to pay.

8 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Anytime you open a booking, it reprices. If whatever special you booked under isn't still available, the deposit can change, you can lose OBC, the taxes certainly, etc. Some people just look at the price of the cruise without considering the total cost.

I always check with Carnival to see what I might lose or what I might have to pay.

I assumed I'd have some time to pay the rest. Final payment was due the 16th and as soon as it reprice I clicked to pay it off. It cancelled in seconds. Right in front of my eyes. Said the rest of my deposit had been due june 21th? Idk but maybe that's the original booking date, it was the last one I booked.  It wouldnt let me pay and I got the email right away.

News to me auto automation does price matches and sends it out $25 past due, wham. Cancelled.

Wouldnt happen again, lesson learned, pay the extra before you reprice.

38 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I assumed I'd have some time to pay the rest. Final payment was due the 16th and as soon as it reprice I clicked to pay it off. It cancelled in seconds. Right in front of my eyes. Said the rest of my deposit had been due june 21th? Idk but maybe that's the original booking date, it was the last one I booked.  It wouldnt let me pay and I got the email right away.

News to me auto automation does price matches and sends it out $25 past due, wham. Cancelled.

Wouldnt happen again, lesson learned, pay the extra before you reprice.

We use a TA, so when we had a price drop that included paying more immediately, we were told. We made the choice to pay the extra then for the large price drop. No auto cancellation.

41 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

We use a TA, so when we had a price drop that included paying more immediately, we were told. We made the choice to pay the extra then for the large price drop. No auto cancellation.

My TA did the other 12 of 13 I have coming up, except for this one cheapie. And tbh I would hate to bother him for $20 drop, thought i could do it myself. Tbh he claims to be a rcl expert, and doesn't care for carnival so I did it myself. 

12 hours ago, firefly333 said:

My TA did the other 12 of 13 I have coming up, except for this one cheapie. And tbh I would hate to bother him for $20 drop, thought i could do it myself. Tbh he claims to be a rcl expert, and doesn't care for carnival so I did it myself. 

Shows you the pitfalls of doing it yourself. And if the cancelled cruise was booked by your TA, he or she lost their commission on it.

12 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Shows you the pitfalls of doing it yourself. And if the cancelled cruise was booked by your TA, he or she lost their commission on it.

No again as I've said above this one cruise he did not do. He did all the others except this one. Got to this one. I'd asked him to change my cabin 3 times on vista, and he said for this little breeze he would rather not, the commission wasnt worth it. It's a very cheap add on the the other leg. He would have done it if I asked, but said he preferred not. So I booked it myself direct online. 

Doesnt hurt to do it myself, and this way I didnt have to ask him to do a mere $20 price drop. Learned myself. He will do any rcl bookings. Just doesnt like carnival. Not the first ta I've run into to say they dont like carnival. Hes a very good ta. Just not a carnival fan.

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

No again as I've said above this one cruise he did not do. He did all the others except this one. Got to this one. I'd asked him to change my cabin 3 times on vista, and he said for this little breeze he would rather not, the commission wasnt worth it. It's a very cheap add on the the other leg. He would have done it if I asked, but said he preferred not. So I booked it myself direct online. 

Doesnt hurt to do it myself, and this way I didnt have to ask him to do a mere $20 price drop. Learned myself. He will do any rcl bookings. Just doesnt like carnival. Not the first ta I've run into to say they dont like carnival. Hes a very good ta. Just not a carnival fan.

OK, I thought you had just done just the price drop yourself on that cruise, not the entire booking process.

16 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

OK, I thought you had just done just the price drop yourself on that cruise, not the entire booking process.

Cant. If the price drops on a TA booked cruise have to go thru him. My other 2 carnival he did a price match to cheers on vista plus the 3 cabins changes, moving further from all the way forward each time.

I said ok with cheers no more changes, I promise. I think I'd also asked him to change cabins on the one breeze he booked. Again moving toward the middle away from forward. Rcl I dont seem to care or make changes. I know carnival better and have stronger opinions what I want. Actually I'd like to move on the breeze I booked. But nothing better was open end of june and still isnt. 

I had this happen to me as well.  Thankfully we were able to rebook the same room too. Our pvp says this happens often unfortunately. We didn’t go through our pvp for the price match because she was busy with changes/bookings/cancellations and asked us to submit the online request form instead.  I had done one in the past and made the necessary deposit increase ahead of time but just wasn’t paying attention this time.  They definitely need a better system…like send an email and then give people 48 hours to make the necessary deposit payment before cancelling,

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Clarasgrandma said:

I had this happen to me as well.  Thankfully we were able to rebook the same room too. Our pvp says this happens often unfortunately. We didn’t go through our pvp for the price match because she was busy with changes/bookings/cancellations and asked us to submit the online request form instead.  I had done one in the past and made the necessary deposit increase ahead of time but just wasn’t paying attention this time.  They definitely need a better system…like send an email and then give people 48 hours to make the necessary deposit payment before cancelling,

And tbh the deposit was not stated exactly. I kinda remembered I had a reduced deposit of $50 but didnt know exactly and new one was also early saver with a reduced deposit of half. Now had I said to myself, regular deposit for a 5 day on carnival is normally 150, so half would be 75 and you have 50 instead of assuming I could pay any difference as soon as it went thru .. seems like they should give you 24 hours before cancelling your booking ..dumb. you would have to have memorized what the deposit was on a 5 day and figured it was different. It just said half deposit. 

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Cant. If the price drops on a TA booked cruise have to go thru him. My other 2 carnival he did a price match to cheers on vista plus the 3 cabins changes, moving further from all the way forward each time.

I said ok with cheers no more changes, I promise. I think I'd also asked him to change cabins on the one breeze he booked. Again moving toward the middle away from forward. Rcl I dont seem to care or make changes. I know carnival better and have stronger opinions what I want. Actually I'd like to move on the breeze I booked. But nothing better was open end of june and still isnt. 

🤦‍♂️Yes, having had to use my TA for price drops previously, I should have realized that.