Live From Mardi Gras August 7

Eli_6

3 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

We flew in last night and stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in Port Canaveral. The hotel is nothing fancy, but the bed was comfy, the room was cool and they offered a shuttle from the hotel to the port for $6. Our shuttle arrived to pick us up promptly at 10. I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a place to stay before your cruise out. Check in and security was a breeze at the port. We were sitting in the holding area waiting to board by 10:30.  Oop...Looks like we are getting ready to board now! I will post photos as soon as I get on board and have internet. The internet in the holding area isn't great.  

We're staying at the Country Inn in several weeks.. Did not know the shuttle wasn't complimentary but no big deal ($6). Did the shuttle stop at any other hotels before it took you to the ship?  We're leaving our car there.

1 minute ago, Raymok said:

We're staying at the Country Inn in several weeks.. Did not know the shuttle wasn't complimentary but no big deal ($6). Did the shuttle stop at any other hotels before it took you to the ship?  We're leaving our car there.i

It went straight there.  It was full with Carnival guests. They actually had two running. One to Magic and one to Mardi Gras. They had an entire room set up.  Yeah I knew it was $6.  I think it is free with their park and cruise package but we took a shuttle from the airport with Cocoa Beach Shuttles.  

More pics from the patio area. This is honestly my favorite boat I have been on and I really feel like it does not feel crowded... although, it may be because we aren't at capacity.

IMG_20210807_124820031_HDR.jpg

• Like 8

So...we stumbled on the quarantine area.  I would be soooo PISSED if I had a Havana Room.  They confiscated half of the Havana area for the quarantine Covid area. 

As an aside, the Havana pool area is not that great compared to the Vista class.  I would feel screwed if I paid for the Havana area. 

On the positive end, if you get Covid, you get a Havana Room. 😆

IMG_20210807_123944006.jpg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

So...we stumbled on the quarantine area.  I would be soooo PISSED if I had a Havana Room.  They confiscated half of the Havana area for the quarantine Covid area. 

As an aside, the Havana pool area is not that great compared to the Vista class.  I would feel screwed if I paid for the Havana area. 

It's so strange that they chose that area to quarantine people! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eli_6 said:

I hope you are having so much fun!
Can you please be a little more specific as to where in Havana this is?
We are in Havana in a few weeks and this concerns me.

Thanks in advance.

33 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I know that Envy is one of the 7 deadly sins, but I totally envy every single person boarding the Mardi Gras between now and November 27th, when it'll FINALLY be my turn...

I am only 14 days away from my sailing and I am beyond Jealous, I can't wait :X 

• Like 2