Live from the Majestic Princess - August 8, 2021

azbirdmom

18 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

My wife just reminded me that we had dungeness crab rolls and not lobster rolls. Pike Place Chowder and Bar Harbor are both good for rolls although I’m not even seeing Dungeness on the menus. 

Well crab roll sounds good also. I'll head down there the night before. I'll also try the roll on the ship, you can get street tacos on the side for free. Can't do that in Seattle. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

I

23 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

So when I was on board last week when you go to the dining room there's actually two lines at the door they used the left side with people lined up who had reservations and then on the right side of the door was a separate line for those who do not have reservations but they were seating them. For the most part a majority of the guest had reservations because keep mine you can make them on the app right before you go just to confirm you have a spot. There were only a few like four or five less in line who didn't have reservations is what I observed daily.

So maybe it's worth a try for PescadoAmarillo to cancel your reservation for one night, stand in the no reservation line and see if you get a better table, or go to the other dining room and stand in the no reservation line?

• Like 3

Is there still a room service menu either in a binder on the desk or in the medallion?  Can anyone let me know if you can still order the very small 375 ml bottles of spirits such as vodka, gin, whiskey, etc for room delivery? 

7 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

The dining room is closed today for lunch. I visited Chopsticks Noodle Bar, something I have looked forward to since we were on the Majestic Princess sailing through the New Zealand fiords on a cool day in January 2020. Hot soup, cold day…my favorite!

94D9325D-B42A-40B2-A14D-90E6993904BF.jpeg

On the Regal and Royal I would always go to Alfredo's on port days but that looks very good. So now I'm getting Lobster roll, street tacos and Noodles on the 3 port days.

• Haha 1

Just now, SaltwaterDaffy said:

On the Regal and Royal I would always go to Alfredo's on port days but that looks very good. So now I'm getting Lobster roll, street tacos and Noodles on the 3 port days.

Actually only two days the dining room is closed at lunchtime - they do serve a slightly earlier MDR lunch on the Juneau day because we don't arrive until after lunch.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SaltwaterDaffy said:

Food looks good and they do have lobster rolls 

Can't speak to the lobster rolls but the chowder is fantastic. DW loves the scallop chowder. You can basically get as much sourdough bread with it as you want. No need to spend the extra cost for a sourdough bread bowl. Making my mouth water just thinking of it. May be worth and hour (one way) ferry ride and 10 minute walk for us to get some right now! We live across Puget Sound from Seattle.

• Like 4

On 8/10/2021 at 7:13 AM, Ombud said:

So I didn't just miss it .... MDR is fine, it's just room service. If I cannot take a meal from MDR I'll just frequent IC for  breakfast and lunch. There's always a work-around

If I was vegetarian, I’d order it and request a refund due to the fact it is unequal treatment,  it’s not like an extra lobster at the crown grill! 

• Like 1

Everything at embarkation went smooth as silk. We were on the ship in about 15 minutes of arrival at 10:45. Ordered food from the app last night to our room when we get a late night craving. It came fast—about 30 minutes. It’s nice cuz you can watch on the app when they’re making it and then when it’s on the way. I cannot recommend the Noodles bar enough. The vegetable miso ramen was fantastic. All the food has been great. Had alfredos pizza after an excursion all afternoon in Juneau. Went there at 6:30 and walked right in with no wait. Tonite we have reservations at Harmony—the Chinese restaurant. Right now we are sitting on the White Pass train waiting to head out of Skagway. You will love this ship!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, redrobin said:

FYI - When you sail, the Medallion app expands to include the onboard features like CrewCall Chat, Shipboard Account, Locate Shipmates…

Thanks for showing all those menu features.  Some new things there.  I have read that CrewCall works quite well.  I would certainly try it for something straight-forward as opposed to go to the PSD.

2 minutes ago, redrobin said:

There are a lot of things I don’t like about the app, but I do like the ability to order drinks using it. There are a lot of cocktails listed. You can check out ingredients, price, and then track your order. 

12DF9B94-2C34-4AF6-B116-3A0AD0F944B5.thumb.png.275ee12b78a57aadc7e970ab41b0f8c5.pngDF883242-70C7-4E23-9315-FBFC3BA16B33.thumb.png.5e8ecf4a1582de3990e615273033b71e.png

Okay. I see that drink is $12.75 but someone earlier said the max on the drink package is $12. Are a lot of drinks just a little higher than $12.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SaltwaterDaffy said:

Okay. I see that drink is $12.75 but someone earlier said the max on the drink package is $12. Are a lot of drinks just a little higher than $12.

Hmmm... It does say $12 at least in the FAQ

What’s included in the Premier Beverage Package?
The Premier Beverage Package includes beer, spirits, wine by the glass and cocktails $12.00 USD and under, all non-alcoholic beverages including bottled water (500ml only) fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), specialty coffees and teas, Gong Cha items, Frappes at Coffee & Cones, milk shakes (if available) and Red Bull energy drinks.

11 minutes ago, SaltwaterDaffy said:

4 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

Hmmm... It does say $12 at least in the FAQ

What’s included in the Premier Beverage Package?
The Premier Beverage Package includes beer, spirits, wine by the glass and cocktails $12.00 USD and under, all non-alcoholic beverages including bottled water (500ml only) fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), specialty coffees and teas, Gong Cha items, Frappes at Coffee & Cones, milk shakes (if available) and Red Bull energy drinks.

If on PLUS, you would be charge $0.75 + 18% of $0.75.

• Like 1

Just wanted to share with everyone. I just received my onboard stateroom account from last week's Cruise. I know some people mentioned about if we would be email them and how long it took. So it took 3 days since disembarking.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SaltwaterDaffy said:

Food looks good and they do have lobster rolls 

Sorry - as a Brit, I have to ask - what are lobster rolls? Ive seen photos,  and they seem to be mechanically recovered bits of lobster in a bun. Not exactly appetising - just bits of left over lobster squeezed into a roll.

Am I wrong?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Sorry - as a Brit, I have to ask - what are lobster rolls? Ive seen photos,  and they seem to be mechanically recovered bits of lobster in a bun. Not exactly appetising - just bits of left over lobster squeezed into a roll.

Am I wrong?

Your description is hilarious! 

Can't say you"re right or wrong, as I've never had one nor would I pay Princess $15 for one.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PACD_JG said:

Perhaps this was already answered in the posts (TLDR), but can you verify Coke or Pepsi and if Coke do they have Coke Zero?

Coke. Not sure about Coke Zero, I’ve only seen Coke and Diet Coke. 

Also, Alfredo’s was very good - antipasto, Majestic Princess pizza, calzone, tiramisu. 

3E6723B0-22B7-4595-A9BC-9B46C90EC7F7.jpeg

D209E4C0-02D1-49F8-B8C1-DE998F185D3A.jpeg

815D7FFF-5EDC-4B34-9180-A4E6991B5891.jpeg

294304CC-508A-48E1-940A-F30FAAE5A4A6.jpeg

Edited by redrobin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1