Port of Seattle: Covid Test Locations and Results Time

zgscl

20 hours ago, atexsix said:

My other question is if they take cruise passengers, do we need to present the boarding pass instead of flight information?

21 hours ago, atexsix said:

Did you book with Carbon?  If so, did you prepay?  Because I didn't see the option to do that in the appointment setup process.

Can somebody that's used Carbon please answer?  I'd like to get my appointments booked.

Thanks. 

8 hours ago, Boytjie said:

I did not risk anything to just the phone and printed copies of everything: boarding pass, excursions and covid test. 

The online covid test report wasn’t easy to read, so I think it worked better to print it since every test report looks different. 

For the rest of the stuff the Navigator app worked well. 

Thank you.

Appointments are now being accepted at Bellevue College if you are within driving distance.  This is true for any of the UW Medicine/King County locations.  They opened this morning for next Wednesday.  We both signed up for an early COVID test.  The web site is uwmedicine.org and is a King County web site through UW Medicine.  Cost is FREE.  We said this is purely for travel and we have no symptoms or no known contact with sick people.  So, if you live in the Seattle area or are traveling here pre-cruise you can log on and set up an appointment.  Slots are released Thursday morning in for the next Wednesday.  We got up early just to be sure we got a slot.  

• Like 4

@zgscl

@AKJonesy

@seaoma

@cursail

@AncientWanderer

@Boytjie

@dmcfad2

@Cruizer Diana

@Banditswife

And others

All of you that used these places and have completed cruises, can you please report back on your experiences if you have not done so already?  

What service did you use?

Were there any issues people need to know about?

When did you get the test results?

Thanks!

41 minutes ago, atexsix said:

All of you that used these places and have completed cruises, can you please report back on your experiences if you have not done so already?  

Thanks!

I posted my experience here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, atexsix said:

@zgscl

@AKJonesy

@seaoma

@cursail

@AncientWanderer

@Boytjie

@dmcfad2

@Cruizer Diana

@Banditswife

And others

Thanks!

Cruizer Bill and I are on the 8/28/21 sailing. Won't have results until probably this Thursday.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cruizer Diana said:

Cruizer Bill and I are on the 8/28/21 sailing. Won't have results until probably this Thursday.

Okay thanks.

Also, anyone planning on using XpresCheck-I had no trouble signing up for the appointments, but can't get the link to work to fill out the forms.  I'm going to call and see if they will let us do it at the airport, since they take walk-ins.

5 hours ago, atexsix said:

@Banditswife

And others

Thanks!

We do not sail until Oct 2, just trying to get info as you are.  We are in KS & have found CVS, Walgreens & a couple others that will test, but cannot get an appointment this far ahead.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dmcfad2 said:

@atexsix I don’t cruise until 9/18 on the Zuiderdam out of San Diego, but I do plan on posting my testing experience. 👍

I'll do the same, probably before we set sail since we live near the port.

I'm envious of your location though, between L.A. and SD, you can take advantage of lots of last minute cruises with multiple lines. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, atexsix said:

Okay thanks.

Also, anyone planning on using XpresCheck-I had no trouble signing up for the appointments, but can't get the link to work to fill out the forms.  I'm going to call and see if they will let us do it at the airport, since they take walk-ins.

I was just at SLC airport and stopped by XpresCheck out of curiosity and found they were extremely expensive.  The two rapid tests were $200 and $250 which is ridiculous.  You don't need appointment.  If you are going to use them, just give yourself some time to get through the process.  I would look for more options.  I don't have my test yet, but I stopped in at an Anchorage Walgreens and they were nice to walk me through it.  Told me to keep my eye on the website and can make an appointment 3 days in advance.  I am working on a backup in Seattle as well, but feel very confident of the information I received from Walgreens (which is free).  BTW. right now rental cars are still insane in SEA.  It sounds like the Bellview College is a great option.  I may try that if I can get a car that isn't so expensive.  

Edited by AKJonesy
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, AKJonesy said:

I was just at SLC airport and stopped by XpresCheck out of curiosity and found they were extremely expensive.  The two rapid tests were $200 and $250 which is ridiculous.  You don't need appointment.  If you are going to use them, just give yourself some time to get through the process.  I would look for more options.  I don't have my test yet, but I stopped in at an Anchorage Walgreens and they were nice to walk me through it.  Told me to keep my eye on the website and can make an appointment 3 days in advance.  I am working on a backup in Seattle as well, but feel very confident of the information I received from Walgreens (which is free).  BTW. right now rental cars are still insane in SEA.  It sounds like the Bellview College is a great option.  I may try that if I can get a car that isn't so expensive.  

You may have better luck with Walgreens in Anchorage than people were reporting in the lower 48 in the princess and celebrity boards, a couple people definitely didn't get results in time; with Bellevue college you have to book as soon as the day you want opens up because they fill up fast, but I've heard people have walked in and had no problem even after explaining it was for travel, they must limit appointments to allow for a certain number of walk-ins.

SeaTac is our last resort, but I can't imagine it coming to that, we booked with two pay sites that won't take insurance and a lot of people simply can't afford it, imagine testing for a whole family?  It can run you into the thousands.  The totally free and insurance places are the ones running out of tests and the pharmacies are overwhelmed mostly in smaller cities because it's the only game in town.  

I will report back next Wednesday.

46 minutes ago, AKJonesy said:

Also, on Bellevue college, there's an express bus that can get you near it, I've taken it before and have the info if you need it.  It also wouldn't be a super expensive Uber, it's about 10ish miles from downtown.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Also, on Bellevue college, there's an express bus that can get you near it, I've taken it before and have the info if you need it.  It also wouldn't be a super expensive Uber, it's about 10ish miles from downtown.

The Bellevue College site is set-up for drive-in only; I did not see anyone attempt to physically walk in.

There were two lines of cars entering a parking garage where you made your way to the first check-in point. After looking up my appointment, they could not find my husband's but they entered a new appointment for him. A few minutes later, at the second checkpoint, they found two appointments for my husband! We were directed to drive to the next spot for the actual test. You had to switch off your car, roll down yoru windows and they brought the swabs to you while you were seated in the car. You had to self-administer the swabbing (with them instructing/monitoring it). Once they tubed the swab you drove off.

Edited by Boytjie
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Boytjie said:

The Bellevue College site is set-up for drive-in only; I did not see anyone attempt to physically walk in.

There were two lines of cars entering a parking garage where you made your way to the first check-in point. After looking up my appointment, they could not find my husband's but they entered a new appointment for him. A few minutes later, at the second checkpoint, they found two appointments for my husband! We were directed to drive to the next spot for the actual test. You had to switch off your car, roll down yoru windows and they brought the swabs to you while you were seated in the car. You had to self-administer the swabbing (with them instructing/monitoring it). Once they tubed the swab you drove off.

I used the wrong vernacular, by walk in I meant cars that arrived without appointments.

15 minutes ago, atexsix said:

I used the wrong vernacular, by walk in I meant cars that arrived without appointments.

👍 When you mentioned the express bus I assumed you were talking about literally walking in.

I do recall a sign that "drive-ups" were OK. YMMV

Edited by Boytjie

We were on the 8/15 Nieuw Amsterdam cruise, the first to require testing.  Nearly everyone I met on the cruise had anxiety attacks concerning testing, including us. By Friday afternoon we were making a Plan B (spend the week in the San Juan Islands), though we happily, finally, got our negative results.  One couple we met onboard, from Wisconsin, tested there then flew to Seattle.  Still had no results on Saturday but showed up at the dock with their luggage.  The cruise line one hour tested them there and they were able to get on.  I wouldn’t plan on that being available in the future since they are still testing/on boarding crew.  

We had appointments at Walgreens in Des Moines for one hour tests near SeaTac airport on Thursday.  As we were about to leave for our appointment we got a call.  It was cancelled due to lack of supplies.  We scrambled.  We booked 24-48 hour tests through King County in Tukwilla, a very efficient drive-through.  Church by the Side of the Road, 3455 S 148th Street/Tukwilla.  We took those tests Thursday afternoon. Test results for 2 of 3 of us were available at 8am Friday morning, both negative.

Out of an abundance of caution on Thursday I got appointments for Friday morning for 1 hour tests at Walgreens.  28817 Military Road S/Federal Way, Wa.  Cancelled 2 of them and I went for a second test.  After being tested they said I would get the test results within 24 HOURS.  That is when we started considering alternatives to our cruise.  

Happily at 3:30 that afternoon both sets of test results came back negative.  So we went sightseeing.  

Besides the anxiety, we lost a full day of vacation time dealing with Covid testing. Still it was nice to be onboard knowing everyone was both vaccinated and had tested negative within 72 hours of boarding.

• Like 1

We went to Bellevue College this morning and yes, two lines of drive thru. Took about 25-30 minutes total. We had appointments but all that did was enter the information for you.  You could go to the web site and enter your info and then just show up, or you could frantically enter your info while waiting in line.  They used the nasal swab and we just stuck our heads out the windows and they did it for us.  Or, you can do it yourself right in front of them.  It is not the deep swab that goes near your brain, it is the shallow swab test, not bad at all.  Like others, we expect our results by tomorrow morning and it is at no cost to us.

We went to Hawaii back in January and had to go to Carbon Health in Bellevue at a cost of $170 each, what an improvement!!!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cruizer Bill said:

We went to Bellevue College this morning and yes, two lines of drive thru. Took about 25-30 minutes total. We had appointments but all that did was enter the information for you.  You could go to the web site and enter your info and then just show up, or you could frantically enter your info while waiting in line.  They used the nasal swab and we just stuck our heads out the windows and they did it for us.  Or, you can do it yourself right in front of them.  It is not the deep swab that goes near your brain, it is the shallow swab test, not bad at all.  Like others, we expect our results by tomorrow morning and it is at no cost to us.

We went to Hawaii back in January and had to go to Carbon Health in Bellevue at a cost of $170 each, what an improvement!!!!!

Let us know when you get the results just to see how long it actually takes.  Thanks.

On 8/16/2021 at 8:01 AM, atexsix said:

Can somebody that's used Carbon please answer?  I'd like to get my appointments booked.

Thanks. 

I posted an answer---I think earlier on this topic.

Cruizer Bill and I used Carbon Health in Bellevue in January to go to Hawaii. CVS and just about everyone else suddenly dropped out of the picture because they could not guarantee the results in less than 3 days. We paid $170pp, excellent service.

Diana 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruizer Diana said:

I posted an answer---I think earlier on this topic.

Cruizer Bill and I used Carbon Health in Bellevue in January to go to Hawaii. CVS and just about everyone else suddenly dropped out of the picture because they could not guarantee the results in less than 3 days. We paid $170pp, excellent service.

Diana 

Thank you, we went ahead and booked it as our backup.

Our results both came back negative last night around midnight.  We had to go to their web site to retrieve our results.  We used the retrieval code they gave us when testing.  They gave us a printout and it had our codes on it.  We went to their web side at https://securelink.labmed.uw.edu

and entered our Retrieval Code and Date of Birth, then our result came up.  We had to do this for each of us.  We had expected to see a text message from them but that is not how it works - you have to go find your results yourself.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cruizer Bill said:

Our results both came back negative last night around midnight.  We had to go to their web site to retrieve our results.  We used the retrieval code they gave us when testing.  They gave us a printout and it had our codes on it.  We went to their web side at https://securelink.labmed.uw.edu

and entered our Retrieval Code and Date of Birth, then our result came up.  We had to do this for each of us.  We had expected to see a text message from them but that is not how it works - you have to go find your results yourself.

We were told that we could to scan the QR codes to see if the results were available. I checked when I woke up starting at 6 AM (still on East Coast time) and had it before 7 AM IIRC. Around 12:30 PM I got a text that results were available.

• Like 2