Port of Seattle: Covid Test Locations and Results Time

zgscl

2 hours ago, KirkNC said:

That’s good!  Kind of eliminates the need for this thread.

I disagree as people would like to know in the end if the provider was able to meet the deadline, what the charge was and if insurance will pay, did you need to have a car to drive up, etc.  I could call all of these places and try to find out, but there is a large group of people boarding who will have done it, and would be willing to share that, it's great for everyone.  I plan to do the same; help out the next group of passengers after my sailing.  As I said before, we need to help each other other.  Past cruisers have already provided invaluable information so that we don't have to reinvent the wheel on trying to determine everything.  It is especially helpful in this climate of continuous change.  

• Like 8

This is a good resource IMO.  We are sailing out of Seattle, but want to get the test done in our home city.  I have found places that do the acceptable tests.  But I cannot get an appointment until a few days prior to wanting the test.  Frustrating to say the least.  I just want to be assured that we can get our test done w/results in time.

• Like 3

On 8/9/2021 at 11:20 AM, KirkNC said:

Our experience with Passport Health is they do a good job but are very expensive.

Thank you for the information.  I'll be in Seattle several days prior to my cruise visiting family first, so I do need to find a place in Seattle to find a test.  I will also check out the information that others have posted.  

I just talked to a very nice guy at Carbon Health.  They have multiple locations around Seattle for travel testing.  They do have people booking for their Alaska cruises.  They offer the Rapid PCR test with results in about 3 hours and the next day PCR test.  The first is $165 and second is $150.  The information on their website and on their phone is excellent.  Insurance is not accepted.  Most of the locations are walk up, but he did say there are some drive up.  They are open until 7pm every night.  You can book an appointment online or you can call.  If you have specific questions, they do suggest that you call and they are happy to answer your questions.  https://carbonhealth.com/coronavirus/covid-19-testing-centers/washington/Seattle

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, AKJonesy said:

I just talked to a very nice guy at Carbon Health.  They have multiple locations around Seattle for travel testing.  They do have people booking for their Alaska cruises.  They offer the Rapid PCR test with results in about 3 hours and the next day PCR test.  The first is $165 and second is $150.  The information on their website and on their phone is excellent.  Insurance is not accepted.  Most of the locations are walk up, but he did say there are some drive up.  They are open until 7pm every night.  You can book an appointment online or you can call.  If you have specific questions, they do suggest that you call and they are happy to answer your questions.  https://carbonhealth.com/coronavirus/covid-19-testing-centers/washington/Seattle

Carbon Health does a good job, but they are expensive. We paid $170 each in January to do the next-day result test to enter Hawaii.  At that time, CVS and many other companies suddenly stopped participating in testing for Hawaii. Carbon was on schedule, courteous, professional & efficient. 

• Like 1

Are the CVS Minute Clinics that offer the Test type: Rapid-result test (antigen)

Is that acceptable to Holland America?

To me, it would be... though it would be no fun to spend $150 on this (about) and then another similar amount in Seattle, again.

Per the HAL FAQ:

(https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/worry-free-promise/travel-well.html)

Guests must be tested with a SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) viral test that could be either an antigen test or a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT). 

Antigen tests include:

• Rapid antigen test 
  • Viral antigen test  
  • Antigen Chromatographic Digital Immunoassay 
  • Antigen Chemiluminescence Immunoassay  
  • Antigen Lateral Flow Fluorescence
Edited by Mike07

Quick and easy test with UW Medicine at Bellevue College campus.

It is a drive-through site in one of the campus' parking garages. Appointments not necessary and the site is open 9am to 5 pm.  It took about 25 minutes from arriving to driving away.

Results for the SARS-CoV-2 Qual PCR tests were posted at 3 am and 5:45 am respectively, so less than 24 hours.

No cost - I did not even provide medical insurance information.

https://www.uwmedicine.org/coronavirus/testing

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Boytjie said:

Quick and easy test with UW Medicine at Bellevue College campus.

It is a drive-through site in one of the campus' parking garages. Appointments not necessary and the site is open 9am to 5 pm.  It took about 25 minutes from arriving to driving away.

Results for the SARS-CoV-2 Qual PCR tests were posted at 3 am and 5:45 am respectively, so less than 24 hours.

No cost - I did not even provide medical insurance information.

https://www.uwmedicine.org/coronavirus/testing

Can you let me know if showing HAL the results on our phone is sufficient or if we need the results printed out? I would appreciate it. Thanks!

• Like 1

We live north of Seattle (90 minutes) and we got our COVID test yesterday at the Burlington Outlet Mall. I made the reservation a few days ago and got the confirmation yesterday. We tested at 3:03 ansd 3:06 and the results were in my in-box at 6:00 AM. We're both "normal" ! There was no cost. We do have one pharmacy doing the antigen test for $49.00. 

Karen

• Like 2

1 hour ago, luvteaching said:

We live north of Seattle (90 minutes) and we got our COVID test yesterday at the Burlington Outlet Mall. I made the reservation a few days ago and got the confirmation yesterday. We tested at 3:03 ansd 3:06 and the results were in my in-box at 6:00 AM. We're both "normal" ! There was no cost. We do have one pharmacy doing the antigen test for $49.00. 

Karen

Hi Karen,

We live near Seattle and are now concerned that there will be no testing supplies nearby when we need to test in two weeks. I'd hate to make the trip up there, but might have to do so.

Can you tell me the name of your local pharmacy, in case we have to look for tests outside of Seattle?

My email is: CruizerDiana at Yahoo dot com.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Diana

3 hours ago, Woodside Lady said:

Our Walgreens rapid antigen test near SeaTac was just cancelled due to lack of testing supplies....

Had the same thing happen to a friend yesterday. Their Walgreens ran out of supplies due to their local surge. Best wishes!

Edited by syesmar
  • Thanks 1

I don't think the cruise lines considered that this volume of testing would overwhelm departure port's resources. That said, I suspect the cruise lines had no choice, since the CDC most likely forced them to start testing. Maybe the CDC should step up and deliver if they require the tests.🥴

• Like 1

My mom and I both got our results back today. 

For me

A.  Kaiser Capitol Hill Campos

B.  They used to do a really great drive through in the parking garage. Now they have moved to an office. Indoors with a waiting room where all the people waiting to be tested can sit together. Terrible setup. Thankfully no one else was around when I went, but this is a very poor design. You need a referral either from a doctor/nurse consulting or through the online request form. 

C. PCR/NAAT 

D. Almost exactly 24 hours

E. Free - only available to Kaiser members. 

For my mom

A.  University of Washington Seattle Campus (Walla Walla Road)

B.  Drive through, well organized, and very fast. Appointments can be made online and they let her in several hours before with no issue. 

C.  PCR/NAAT test

D.  Just under 24 hours

E.  No cost (billed to insurance)

A.  Bartell Drugs in Issiquah (run by Project Baseline)

B.  Very easy drive through pharmacy. 

C. PCR/NAAT 

D. No results now and not expected for 5-7 business days. They fedex tests back to the East Coast to be processed....

E. No cost (billed to insurance)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, zgscl said:

My mom and I both got our results back today. 

For me

A.  Kaiser Capitol Hill Campos

B.  They used to do a really great drive through in the parking garage. Now they have moved to an office. Indoors with a waiting room where all the people waiting to be tested can sit together. Terrible setup. Thankfully no one else was around when I went, but this is a very poor design. You need a referral either from a doctor/nurse consulting or through the online request form. 

C. PCR/NAAT 

D. Almost exactly 24 hours

E. Free - only available to Kaiser members. 

For my mom

A.  University of Washington Seattle Campus (Walla Walla Road)

B.  Drive through, well organized, and very fast. Appointments can be made online and they let her in several hours before with no issue. 

C.  PCR/NAAT test

D.  Just under 24 hours

E.  No cost (billed to insurance)

A.  Bartell Drugs in Issiquah (run by Project Baseline)

B.  Very easy drive through pharmacy. 

C. PCR/NAAT 

D. No results now and not expected for 5-7 business days. They fedex tests back to the East Coast to be processed....

E. No cost (billed to insurance)

Excellent! Thank you!  Diana

• Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 8:12 AM, dmcfad2 said:

Can you let me know if showing HAL the results on our phone is sufficient or if we need the results printed out? I would appreciate it. Thanks!

I think you asked this question in a couple of different places, @dmcfad2, but if there was a response, I missed it.

For those who have checked in recently, did you need the print-out or just show your phone?  Thanks for any help on this question.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2021 at 4:41 PM, AKJonesy said:

Did you book with Carbon?  If so, did you prepay?  Because I didn't see the option to do that in the appointment setup process.

On 8/10/2021 at 4:41 PM, AKJonesy said:

My other question is if they take cruise passengers, do we need to present the boarding pass instead of flight information?

6 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

I think you asked this question in a couple of different places, @dmcfad2, but if there was a response, I missed it.

For those who have checked in recently, did you need the print-out or just show your phone?  Thanks for any help on this question.

I haven’t received a response from anyone yet. ☹️

14 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

I did not risk anything to just the phone and printed copies of everything: boarding pass, excursions and covid test. 

The online covid test report wasn’t easy to read, so I think it worked better to print it since every test report looks different. 

For the rest of the stuff the Navigator app worked well. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Boytjie said:

I did not risk anything to just the phone and printed copies of everything: boarding pass, excursions and covid test. 

The online covid test report wasn’t easy to read, so I think it worked better to print it since every test report looks different. 

For the rest of the stuff the Navigator app worked well. 

Thanks so much for the thoughtful response.  I was thinking the same thing -- probably best to print the test results at our hotel.  

• Like 2