Well, we couldn't take it anymore and went to Alaska...

pierces

On 7/30 we hopped on an airplane and went to Seattle to meet up with our new friend, the Celebrity Millennium. Seven days and a crap-ton of photos later, were back to reality with happy memories and a sense of triumph over that darned virus. 

Photos are HERE.

1334769363_Alaska2021-0864.thumb.jpg.c09166fecb3f90459944b345f7958ba2.jpg

It was a half-full ship and we think we would pay a bit more to repeat that scenario...

Dave

• Like 9

I just went through your Alaska albums and enjoyed your excellent images. 🥰 The port photos brought back a lot of good memories. Thank you for sharing.

Particularly loved the ones of the whale "waving" and the ocean sunfish. About the latter, did you just happen to see it off the ship? I would be thrilled to see a mola out in the wild!

2 hours ago, flyrobinfly said:

I just went through your Alaska albums and enjoyed your excellent images. 🥰 The port photos brought back a lot of good memories. Thank you for sharing.

Particularly loved the ones of the whale "waving" and the ocean sunfish. About the latter, did you just happen to see it off the ship? I would be thrilled to see a mola out in the wild!

We actually saw two of the Sunfish from our balcony. Fortunately they were quite close and we weren't moving at full speed. It was our only decent wildlife day while cruising. Total of eight Humpbacks and a pair of orcas. I'm sure there were more after the Martini Bar opened.... 😉

Dave

6 hours ago, pierces said:

We actually saw two of the Sunfish from our balcony. Fortunately they were quite close and we weren't moving at full speed. It was our only decent wildlife day while cruising. Total of eight Humpbacks and a pair of orcas. I'm sure there were more after the Martini Bar opened.... 😉

Dave

🤣 I bet! 

Hoping I see (and am able to photograph) a sunfish at some point during a cruise. I've only seen flying fish out in the Caribbean.

13 hours ago, theump said:

Dave, nice pictures,  how was the weather?

The Ump

John

Heavy rain and fog on the first sea day but all three ports we're partially cloudy, but comfortable in the low 60°s. Endicott Arm glacier day and tour dipped into the 30°s, but that was expected with a billion tons of ice surrounding us. Sun was scarce but Alaska doesn't need much to be beautiful.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing your photos! I thoroughly enjoyed looking at them! Can you share what lenses you took along for the trip?  Anything you wished you would have brought but didn't? Is there a way in your albums to see photo details, like focal length?  I was particularly wondering about the seal shots - we've always been too far away to get anything like your shots.

On 8/28/2021 at 8:47 PM, pengu1n said:

Thanks for sharing your photos! I thoroughly enjoyed looking at them! Can you share what lenses you took along for the trip?  Anything you wished you would have brought but didn't? Is there a way in your albums to see photo details, like focal length?  I was particularly wondering about the seal shots - we've always been too far away to get anything like your shots.

I had the 24-105 f/4 G on the A7III the whole time. On the wildlife boat tour and while on shore, I had my FE 70-300 G on the A6600 for an effective 105-450mm reach. Most of the ship and walkabout was with the A7III but I spent some fun time on board with either the 12mm Rokinion or the little fisheye mounted on the A6600. My gallery software allows access to EXIF info but needs to be enabled. I'll test it out and see what it looks like.

Glad you enjoyed the photos!

Dave

On 8/28/2021 at 8:47 PM, pengu1n said:

Is there a way in your albums to see photo details, like focal length?  

Ask and ye shall get me to fumble around and find the setting in the half-million pages of options...

Photo info button is now available..

Dave

9 hours ago, pengu1n said:

Thanks so much, Dave! Didn't mean to put you to extra work, but I really appreciate being able to see the information!

Trouble? My God, it took hours!

Actually it took a few unattended hours to process and upload after the five minutes it took changing the setting and testing it...so, no worries. 😉 

Dave

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...